09:21 ST
[EVENT] Shimmers in the Water (Sep. 19 - Oct. 3)
Shima Unfortunately, we only have the time to grade each submission once, which is why it’s important to double check / be certain of your entry before sending it! However, you shouldn’t need to worry if you miss one day as long as you continue to participate, as it is possible to obtain all of the prizes with 10 / 14 days completed.
Posted 09/25/15

Okay, this question is eating at me so I have to ask it.

For prompt 4, I know it said we have to include recipe instructions? For that day, I made a wordsearch and included instructions to the puzzle as a way of working in instructions. Do the instructions have to be blatant recipe instructions such as 1. stir 2. season 3. etc.? Or is the slight creative spin alright?

I’m terrified to label it complete because the instructions aren’t directly for cooking a recipe, but for solving the puzzle I made. I’d hate to have written cramped letters for an hour and scanning it all in just for a small thing like that to disqualify it.

Posted 09/25/15, edited 09/25/15
Myla  I actually do have 7 circled.  I can echo you if you’d like because the location of the 7th might not show that well, even though I used red to circle them? 
Posted 09/25/15

Dash:  A creative spin is fine — the recipe instructions were more in reference to written entries as opposed to illustrations or games like your wordsearch! :)

OregonCoast:  I just took a look at your entry again; your grader hadn’t counted it because one of the differences you circled wasn’t actually a difference:

You had circled the brown tip of the lily pad, but those are the exact same in both pictures.
Posted 09/25/15

Insigne, raus

Thank you! I was really happy to be able to do something like this. I love cooking but was way too busy moving (Canada -> New Zealand) to participate in the recipe contest earlier this year. It was so fun trying to imagine how a simple seafood casserole could be translated into something Mycenian. :)

(It’s in my entry, but I can PM you the real ingredients list/measurements if anyone wants!)

Posted 09/25/15, edited 09/25/15
Hnnnnng I love today’s prompt so much. o3o
Posted 09/26/15
Myla thank you for taking the extra look at my entry.  I could have sworn the tip was different.  I spotted another difference just after I sent my echo to the BoneMonster *facepalm   That’s the way the shroom crumbles. 
Posted 09/26/15
Free tattoos! 8D Woo! I’d been eyeing that air tattoo, as well, so yay!
Posted 09/26/15
Aw, the tattoos are so cool <3 Congrats on 5k users, Mycena! The spirit tattoo is especially cute with the little sparkles added to their faces! I got one for my Hawaiian girl, Kuuipo ^-^
Posted 09/26/15

I got a Spirit Tattoo and it blends in with everyone I want to put it on

OH WELL

Thanks for the freebie :D

Posted 09/26/15

...so if there were only ten differences in the Spot the Difference day than one of the ones I thought I saw was my eyes playing tricks on me.  Good to know.  LOL.

And anagrams WHYYY I am SO bad at these.  I’ll make an honest attempt, though.

Posted 09/27/15
Congratulations on your 5k user!  ^.^  and many thanks for the wonderful Spirit Tattoo!  It adds even more to Meridians’ personality and character. 
Posted 09/27/15

the spot the difference activity was super fun! it took me an hour-ish but I could only find 9 out of the 10 differences without using any help [Pooka AHEM]. but she had to tell me the last one bc I couldn’t find it ;c and it was in a spot.. I looked over and over and over a nD ovER again

I’ve yet to do any activities though, asides that one [and i still have to submit it]. I’m just… so lazy rip

Posted 09/27/15
question: my day 4 submission hasnt been graded yet; am i still allowed to edit it? 0:
Posted 09/27/15
Just want to say it’s a neat and useful thing you guys did with naming the image files of the word search with our ids and putting our usernames up there. I’m sure it makes it so much easier for you to grade. Also, the word search looks delightfully hard. I might actually print it out tomorrow and do it by hand instead of with my tablet. *u*
Posted 09/28/15
Is the crossword going to get fixed? Some do not appear to have any “Fs” in them
Posted 09/28/15
Same question as Condor... There seems to be a glitch in the puzzle. lol
Posted 09/28/15
Hi guys! We’re aware that the crossword is having some problems, don’t worry - it’s not just you. :) unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about it until glitch comes around, so just hang tight! Apologies for the hiccup!
Posted 09/28/15
Any guesstimate on if we should keep working on the rest of the words, or if we should stop working on it? (Meaning will those 2 words just get taken out, or will we get a whole new puzzle.)
Posted 09/28/15
I would stop. I’m guessing the puzzles will have to be re-generated to include the f’s, so you’ll likely have to redo it anyway.
Posted 09/28/15

glitch should be able to take a look at the wordsearch code soon to see what is going on (it figures that the night we decide to go camping is the night things break)!

doragon:  If you submission has not been verified by the Bone Monster, you can keep working on it (if you want to do major changes, I’d take it down while you’re working on it so it doesn’t get verified while you’re making changes)!

Edit:  Word search is up and running!

Posted 09/28/15, edited 09/28/15
I need help on yesterdays word puzzle can some one echo me plz
Posted 09/28/15
Do .PNG images display properly on this site? I’ve uploaded my word search to Imgur and linked it in my thread, and it shows up for me, but I noticed others seem to have saved theirs in .JPG format so I worry that my answer might not be visible on other computers. :/
Posted 09/28/15
tehuti88 i just looked at it at i can see your image on your log just fine :)
Posted 09/28/15
tehuti88:  .pngs are fine!  Mycena actually saves most of its images as .pngs. :D
Posted 09/28/15
So glad I checked in here. I was banging my sleep-deprived little head against the wall with that word search this morning (and I’m usually so good at them I can do them half asleep!) I went and check and yep, no F’s.
Posted 09/28/15
are the word searches the same for everyone? or is it just the words that are the same for everyone?
Posted 09/28/15

Vysal
as far as i can tell, the wordsearches are all different, but the words are the same. ovo which is cool cause it prevents copying someone else’s answers! hehehe

edit: forgot the brackets. been spending too much time on the FR forums. :|

Posted 09/28/15, edited 09/28/15

Vysal

The words are the same, but the crossword puzzles are all different from what I’ve seen. The puzzle part of it appears to be randomized.

Posted 09/28/15
doragon and Dash thank you!
Posted 09/28/15