08:44 ST
[EVENT] Shimmers in the Water (Sep. 19 - Oct. 3)

I’m stuck a bit on day 9, are there any hints on what the words are supposed to be?

Also, I don’t understand what I’m supposed to be doing for day 5 or day 7 :/

Posted 09/30/15, edited 09/30/15
I’d like to echo OregonCoast in applauding the staff for this event. While I have enjoyed plenty of click based events (even if they discourage me from sleeping) and plenty of RP based events, this reminds me of how the Aywas scavenger hunts used to be done minus the stress of needing to complete so much in so little time. There’s so much variety and each task is something I can easily complete in a day so I don’t have to avoid sleeping to get all the things. Plus, knowing exactly how much work is necessary to get all the prizes has removed a lot of the stress and made making the actual entries much more enjoyable. I hope we can have more events like this in the future.
Posted 09/30/15

MoonChild07

The words from day 9 are all equipable items from around the site, which can be found on this page.

For day 5, you’re going to be looking at the Lands Within page, looking for icons that match the clues given.

For day 7, the clues are auditory. For the first one, you’re looking at a game with some buzzing wasps, for the second, you’re looking for something fiery in the Feathers and Flame shop, and for the third you’re looking for a place where you can break some rocks!

I hope this helps a bit!

Posted 09/30/15

Yeah! I just want to plop in and echo a little bit of what Myla said — the level at which so many people came together to construct this event was utterly amazing, and I’m still in sort of vague state of disbelief that the result of so many different people all working on different parts came together so cohesively that my job of turning it into code has been really easy. I feel super lucky that Mycena Cave has the people behind it that it does :)

We’re so glad people are enjoying the event, we sure had a lot of fun putting it together!

Posted 09/30/15

A fine event indeed.

Posted 09/30/15

Myla glitch Crow Prose Plasma Juney Ruori feyers Rhyme  * stands and applauds even louder! 

My goodness!  I’d no idea how much work goes into an event like this!  I never would have guessed the slider puzzle was the trickiest to code.  And it reminds me of piecing together a newspaper, with what artwork goes here or there, the sheer volume of prose, and the gorgeous artwork, plus the fun activities. 

Honestly, I really do appreciate all the effort each of you have put forwards to do this event for us!  It’s humbling, and I’m so looking forward to the rest of it, and seeing the end artwork for the coats and items. What an amazing job you’ve all done!

Posted 09/30/15
((applauds using just my left hand))
Posted 09/30/15

OMG I JUST COMPLETED TODAY’S ENTRY

excuse the caps, I’m just super happy and WOWIE

So pretty.

Posted 10/01/15

PRETTY *_*

I had a feeling today was going to be special!

Posted 10/01/15

W OW PRETTY

I was so happy when I saw the completed entry for today oAo

Posted 10/01/15, edited 10/01/15

For today’s activity, do I have to buy something? Like with nuggets?

(I hope that’s clear enough without me giving anything away.)

Posted 10/01/15

tehuti88 No need to actually buy anything!

But if you can think of anywhere where you can use items without buying them, look there!
Posted 10/01/15

Oh, duhr. ;_; *is dumb*

I thought it would’ve been weird to have to buy something!

Posted 10/01/15
*headdesk x1000* Whelp, there went nuggets. Woops. Gah… Guess I’ll have to find a use for my judgement error somewhere. XD (Friendly tip: Yeah, don’t derp like I did.)
Posted 10/01/15
;; I seem to be stuck on the 2nd part… Anyone have any hints?
Posted 10/01/15

Hawkins

You may have one of these in your bathroom!
Posted 10/01/15

Skye oh dear!

It seems today is a good day to be a tea shop in Mycena Cave: just over 25% of all kettles ever sold have been sold in the last hour and a quarter. To be fair, the grand total is 18 (of which 5 sold today), but still…

EDIT: It occurs to me that I should add: THIS IS NOT A HINT TO GO BUY A TEA KETTLE

glitch
Sorry to be a pain if this has already been asked - it says that the shop will open at the end of the event. I was wondering if the end of the event was after the last challenge day, or whether it means after October 6th, when submissions are closed? :>

Posted 10/01/15
Y’know, when everybody started talking about the “mernecki” I wasn’t really excited. I’ve got this weird, intense dislike for anything water or fish related. However, the artists have absolutely outdone themselves on Sherriveu, she’s freakin’ gorgeous. I’m so excited about this new species and for the event shop to open.
Posted 10/01/15

oooooh gosh lookit the purty… ;~; -licks her shiny fins-

i was hoping for a slightly more scaly critter, in line with the preview we were shown… but this has me excited at the prospect that there may be MULTIPLE different kinds of merneki just like the regular ineki @v@ foxies and kitties and pups and maybe a squishy scaly bab too—!

Posted 10/01/15

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
oh my god its perfection

Posted 10/01/15

Can anybody help me with the last part of todays event?
A tea kettle? A puddle? D:

Posted 10/01/15

Zhar

Think of somewhere you can view items without buying them. :D
Posted 10/01/15
8D!
Posted 10/01/15
I gotta admit I was definitely expecting something more fishy or…. aquatic looking?  Either way, she certainly is pretty!  I’ll be curious to see what the colorations look like.
raus Ahh I got it!! Thanks so much:D
Posted 10/01/15
The Lily Hat is absolutely adorable. I need five million of them, wowza. They also make me giggle a bunch.
Posted 10/01/15
Please tell me she’s the new species because she’s absolutely gorgeous! Quite a bit different from the current linearts, though (particularly the size of her head), which is why I’m doubting she’s anymore than an NPC? But, yeah, all I really wanted to say is HOLY FRIGGIN’ WOW she is BEAUTIFUL.
Posted 10/01/15
I have to admit, I’m a tad disappointed that the new lines aren’t scaly or overly aquatic (assuming Sherriveu is based on the new lines). It seems like a similar effect could have been done on the already existing lines just by using some fin items. Aw well, Sherriveu is still very pretty!
Posted 10/01/15

heart blossom, leather bound journal, sparkling swamp dew, lily hat

item ‘seascape’ can’t be previewed on ineki or dras, so looks like an item for the new species ^^

that swamp dew is beautiful! so excited~