11:00 ST
[EVENT] Shimmers in the Water (Sep. 19 - Oct. 3)

If someone could send me an echo about the tangled up words for Day 9, I’d be very happy.  I’ve been blocked here since it begin >.<

Edit : solved it thank you ! I would never have guessed it on my own xD !

Posted 09/29/15, edited 09/29/15

I hate asking for help, but I’m like Fusida and stuck on the tangled up words. If someone could possibly echo me with a hint about what I’m supposed to be doing with that activity, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Edit: Thanks to those who echoed me. I managed to solve it.

I’m not sure what’s supposed to happen when I select a flower, but it seems that nothing is happening at all. :c I got sent back to the event page with no message or anything, and when I clicked on the pond link again it let me click another flower even though it hadn’t been five minutes? I’m all for figuring out puzzles but with no visible clues this one is a little cryptic. orz

Edit: a couple people told me what SHOULD be happening, and it doesn’t seem that it is. The flowers are not being added to my clues inventory. I just click the link and it brings me back and there’s no changes on the event page at all .^. I think I done broke it.

doragon I am having the same problem here :(
Posted 09/29/15

Ourloonybin, doragon
My suggestion would be to reread the notes/opener for today’s activity; it tells you who is missing the flowers & needs them. :) It also gives you hints on what type of flower you’re supposed to find for them.

Posted 09/29/15

Ally
yes, i knew what to do; the problem was it wasnt happening. xD

it looks like today’s event doesnt work on mobile. i got onto my laptop and completed the puzzle in about two minutes xD

Posted 09/29/15
It works on mobile, I’m using an android and completed the puzzle on it. C:
Posted 09/29/15
Thank you ally LOL. Needless to say I was smacking my forehead. XD
Posted 09/29/15

I also used my cell phone to complete today’s activity so I’m not sure ): .

& no worries, glad you got it!

Posted 09/29/15
If we don’t get an item based on today’s activity I will be disappointed. It’s absolutely gorgeous.
Posted 09/29/15
If someone could echo me with some hints/help for Day 5, I’d really appreciate that! :) *scurries off to class*
Posted 09/29/15
So, I can’t get to the puzzle? I’ve picked 2 flowers and nothing has happened :T
Posted 09/29/15

mosh

You have to find the correct flower and then bring it to the one who had her flowers stolen!
Posted 09/29/15

mosh,

you’ve gotta take the correct flower to somebody mentioned in the text! :3

edit: oops, ninja’d

[@queen elsa] radio
oh man I’m dumb thanks guys :’)

Posted 09/29/15

Hmm, I can’t find a way to give the flower to whoever :/ Is it supposed to be on their page or something?

Also, I can’t seem to do the drag puzzles on my phone. I may be able to steal my husband’s for a short while but it’s really rare. Does anybody have any ideas for me?

EDIT: Stupid auto-correct, thinking I meant taste when I tried spelling rare ¬_¬

Posted 09/29/15, edited 09/30/15
Sorry to be annoying, but I am kinda stuck on the first step for days 7 and 9. If anyone could help me through echo it would be greatly appreciated!
Posted 09/29/15

I hope this is the right place for it, but I just wanted to thank the team who put this event together.  This is my first event here, and it’s been incredible!  I can’t get over how much thought and effort went into creating it, and then having it all go so smoothly. 

Yes, we had the hiccup with the word search, but all things equal, it’s gone extremely well.  Thank you so much to the team, and for the graders for our activities, and just all around Applause because I have been having fun, even if some of the activities are out of my comfort zone ^.^ 

Posted 09/29/15

I’m really stuck on the red letters for day 5 and the first steps for day 7 and 9. Could anyone provide some assistance?
(I am really horrible at puzzles.)

Posted 09/29/15

i can help with the red letter problem! :D

the red letters spell out a phrase when you look at them in the right order! try to write them down on a piece of paper in the order they appear!.

the letters spell out “misc images” :D

oops forgot to ping cause im a nub :D

Devaraja

doragon
I appear to be having more of a problem than that (there are only two red letters on my log!). Is there supposed to be something clickable on that page? I can’t seem to find anything.

Devaraja
hmm, thats odd. did you make sure those were the only red ones? you might be missing them, if your screen isn’t bright enough perhaps?

you can always click into the second spoiler if you’re just not having any luck with the letters. ;u; it will tell you what the letters are meant to spell!

Posted 09/29/15

doragon
Ah, no, not on the log I mean. I meant on the page that you sent me to — I can’t find anything clickable for the event. (and the other letters are definitely not there. Only two!)

Posted 09/29/15

Devaraja
did you happen to see something related to the current event in one of the sections? try clicking around a little on the aquatic-looky things :D

doragon
Still nothing. Aah, no loss. I’ll just skip it for the time being. Thanks for the help! (sorry for the bother and all these posts, ugh)

Posted 09/29/15

Devaraja

sorry if this has been asked already, but did you make the page active? i made that mistake once

Posted 09/29/15

baekhesten
I did! Still nothing.

Posted 09/29/15

Devaraja

darn! well, good luck with it!

Posted 09/29/15
Also, I can’t seem to do the drag puzzles on my phone. I may be able to steal my husband’s for a short while but it’s really taste. Does anybody have any ideas for me?Moonchild07

MoonChild07 - AFAIK you won’t be able to do that particular challenge on a mobile device, because you need to click and drag. So you’ll need to find some time on a tasty (?) computer, be it your husband’s or a library or something, before the end of the 6th if you want to complete that challenge.

Devaraja - I’ve just checked to confirm, the puzzle you are referring to is working as intended (including for you specifically). You are seeing / being shown exactly what the puzzle intends for you to see / be shown. Keep trying!

Posted 09/30/15

OregonCoast:  Aw, your message made me so happy to read!  We have a lot of staff working together on this event, and I’m very proud of what they have accomplished. Crow has been in charge of putting the whole thing together — it is her first event that she has run, and it was a /big/ undertaking!  I basically gave her just a kernel of what the goal of the event was, and she ran with it from there, figuring out what style of event and planning things big and small with aid from her event planning committee.  She is doing a fantastic job keeping all of the different aspects running smoothly. Prose did a ton of writing and brainstorming of activities with Crow, and Plasma helped plan as well!  Seven staff are helping out with the grading (which is a lot of work, as you might imagine!), Crow again leading/organizing and making sure no entry is left behind.

A big part of event planning too is laying out what needs to happen each day so that glitch can come in and easily code each component and know which art goes where and what needs to happen each day (fun fact: the most time consuming aspect to code of this event was definitely the slider puzzle)!  Juney is an expert at laying these things out for glitch, making spreadsheets/wireframes/written documents.  She’s done a lot of event organization/planning in the past (and continues to help with future events), and she and a lot of her old documents helped pave the way for Crow to come in and do something similar for this event. :D

And, of course, we had a ton of artists helping as well! There are plenty of unattributed, larger pieces of art for this event:  Ruori did the beautiful journal image with the cute sketches, feyers did the giant, detailed artwork for the slider puzzle, Plasma did the intricate spot the difference art, many of the event inventory items, and our shiny event banner, Rhyme did many of the event inventory items, I did some of the misc. art you see popping up on some of the activity days (fun fact:  the background image for the flower picking was originally going to be the fishing background, but then was scrapped), and then a couple additional artists (which you will soon find out) helped with some of the official items and coat colors! :)

It is amazing seeing the process from beginning to end and very humbling to see staff come together and dedicate their time and talent to make Mycena Cave awesome.  And, of course, the best reward for the effort is to see you all enjoying the result! <3

Posted 09/30/15, edited 09/30/15