16:53 ST
[EVENT] Shimmers in the Water (Sep. 19 - Oct. 3)

As you may recall, a few unidentifiable specimens were uncovered during our last research study. Since then, I’ve been hard at work trying to uncover the origin of these samples - unfortunately, to no avail. I thought I’d hit a wall and would have to shelf my research for the time being when an interesting rumor reached me! Apparently, there have been some strange sightings down by the river. It may be nothing more than a hunch, but I’ve decided to send my good friend Ambrose out to investigate.

Of course, he’ll need help, and that’s where you come in! While I continue my research in the lab, I’d like you to head down to the river settlement and aid Ambrose in his investigation. You’ve been so helpful to me in the past that I’m certain that he would find you invaluable as an assistant!

This event will be somewhat similar in composition to last year’s Halloween event, broken down into two alternating main parts: investigation days, which involve aiding Ambrose in his search by solving puzzles and uncovering clues across the site, and activity days, which involve participating in a number of small creative activities and games related to the investigation.

The event begins on September 19th, 00:00 MC time and ends on October 3rd, 23:59 MC time, although you will have until October 6th to finish up any last puzzles and activities.

INVESTIGATION DAYS

Each investigation day will result in a clue and some preliminary observations, which will be recorded by Ambrose in your fact file. Puzzles will not require you to go off-site, open additional programs, or dig into any html. There will be a total of seven investigation days over the course of the event.

In order to receive credit, all daily puzzles must be complete by 23:59 on October 6th.

ACTIVITY DAYS

Activity days will consist of small forum-based creative activities and puzzles. Participation requirements for each activity will be clearly outlined at the time of release.

In order to keep things organized, each player should create their own thread in the event forum to fill up with their completed activities. More information as to the required format can be found in this thread.

In order to receive credit, all activities must be complete by 23:59 on October 6th.

PRIZES

Unlike last Halloween’s event, you will not be awarded daily item prizes. Instead, these will be available in a prize shop, which will open at the end of the event and remain open for one week. Due to the nature of the event, prizes will remain a mystery until the prize shop opens, but will consist of four items and two event coats. The event coats will be available in your choice of pet or mushroom form.

Prize shop points will be broken down into two forms of ‘currency’ - coat tokens and item tokens. Each day is worth 1 coat token and 1 item token. When the prize shop opens, the event coats will cost 5 coat tokens each, while each item will cost 2 item tokens each.

In essence, this means minimum participation in order to obtain one of every prize can be achieved by completing 10 of 14 days. Completing more than 10 will award you extra tokens to spend in the prize shop. Duplicate items may be purchased from the shop, but each player will only be able to achieve a maximum of two coats from this event.

POST-EVENT RAFFLE & PROMPT

After the conclusion of the event, a raffle will be held for some extra prizes. Entry into the raffle will require players to respond to a prompt which will be posted following the event’s conclusion. More information as to when the raffle will be drawn and the exact requirements for being entered will be posted along with the prompt itself.

EVENT RULES
  • Be mindful of other players’ experiences.
    • You are allowed to make a player organized hint/speculation thread and/or chat room, but be mindful of spoilers on the forums. We have a spoiler tag, so please remember to use it!
    • You may share complete solutions with players that request them, but please keep these off of the forums and out of public chat channels.
  • Follow all of Mycena Cave’s rules.
    • Multi-accounting is not allowed.
    • You may not participate in any part of this event on any account other than your own.
  • Activity days:
    • You may help each other with any of the activities that don’t state otherwise in their post, however, you may not submit duplicate entries.
    • Activities that involve open-ended prompts must be completed individually, save for minor grammatical and typical peer revision help.
  • Have lots of fun!
    • Seriously, we will find you if you don’t. ;D
Posted 09/11/15, edited 09/19/15

*.* so… shiny

Super excited for this event, have fun everyone :D!

Posted 09/11/15, edited 09/11/15
8D eeee I am excite!
Posted 09/11/15

*Screeches*
It’s event time! *w*

*Pokes Rhyme*

Posted 09/11/15

EeeeeeeeEEEEE *buzzes excitedly

I think I like that there’s a limit on the number of coats it’s possible to get. Hopefully it will keep the pets from being depreciated too badly!

Posted 09/11/15
I’m also really excited!! :D I hope everyone has a blast, haha.
Posted 09/11/15
Looks fun.
Posted 09/11/15

Event :D

-patiently waits-

Posted 09/11/15
Ooh! This should be fun. 030
Posted 09/11/15
*HAS LOADS OF NOT FUN* >8CCC
Posted 09/11/15

Whoa, this event seems rather complex. I hope I can keep up with it when it starts.

On a side note, does this mean that both the wearable items and the coats will be kept secret? Or will it only be the coats?

Excited to try something new, though! It’s been a while since I was involved in a not-clicky event.

Posted 09/11/15

Dash
It looks a little complex all written out like this, but it shouldn’t be when it actually is happening. :D And yes, all of the prizes will be kept a secret until the prize shop opens.

Posted 09/11/15
I wasn’t here for last Halloween, so I cannot wait to see what this event is like! If it’s even half as fun as Stellar Spelunking was, then I think everyone will have a great time! :D
Posted 09/11/15

-Screech- IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS?

-Rubs hands together- I cannot wait.

Posted 09/11/15
Ooooooooo I’m so excited :3

I’m going to spend the whole time during the event going ???? But what will the wearables look like????

Hahaha, but anticipation builds excitement. That’s not a bad thing!~ Can’t wait to actually get started on everything. And hopefully none of the puzzles are wordsearches. mY BANE.

Posted 09/11/15

Oooh, my very first event!  I feel daunted, but excited at the same time.  I hope I can keep up when it unfolds.  It sounds like a wonderful way to usher in the Halloween season. 

*Squeak!  The little tracks remind me of the ones our house mink makes ^.^  soooo cute!

Posted 09/11/15

Ooh! This looks fun! *quietly checks rooms for hidden cameras and/or fun detectors*

I loved last years Halloween event, it was a blast. A little challenging at times but really fun. I’m sure this one will be atlwast as fun, maybe more fun.

Posted 09/11/15
Eveenttt. *w* *Wags intensely.*
Posted 09/11/15

question: when it says you can only get “two coats” does that mean

a) only one of each coat
b) no more than two of the same coat, or
c) two coats regardless of what coat it is (e.g. you can get one of each, or two of the same coat)

and if we have extra coat tokens, will we be able to do anything with them?

Posted 09/11/15

baekhesten - From what I can gather the event will last 14 days, which means you can only gather a total of 14 ‘coat tokens’. Each coat is worth 5 tokens, so even if you participate every day you’d only earn enough coat tokens for two coats before the event’s over with. :)
edit/ I’m assuming it wouldn’t matter which pets you decide to get, but that you’re only able to get /2/ of them. I think. At least that’s how I’m understanding it. n_n

baekhesten
You’ll only be able to purchase two coats, regardless of which coat. :)
The coat tokens will max out at 10, so there won’t be any extras to worry about!

Edit: But yes, “technically” there would be those 4 extra tokens hanging out, which is why it was decided to max it out at 10, so folks don’t have to stare longingly at them haha.

(Edited again for grammar whoops)

Yay! I can’t wait to make my own lil thread.
Posted 09/11/15

ahh! can I just say mycena is SO great about listening to player feedback and really actually finding things that have a lil bit of everything for everyone?? like im so impressed this event sounds SO FUN and it incorporates both kinds of activities that old events have so that people who enjoyed either one can be happy!!! and also this is so watery themed!!!!! which is so exciting bcus I totally said in the last event’s feedback we totally need some water-themed stuff and look!!! I mean its called “shimmers in the water” and wowie im so excited for these wearables and coats ahhh

like wow kudos to mycena I am CRAZY excited for this because the Halloween event was CRAZY fun last year and its gonna be wild fun this year too I aint gonna get NO sleep haha because of my ridiculous school and work schedule but idec

The event coats will be available in your choice of pet or mushroom form.

YAY

Posted 09/11/15

the only event i was here for was the stellar spelunking event

and I’M ALREADY SUPER PUMPED
i love riddles/puzzles bc they get my mind working and i love it!!

Posted 09/11/15

okay I am so excited about this?????
Like wow
I’m super impressed with you guys…
I’ve been playing on pet sites since I was about 8 or 9, I’m 23 now. This is the first time I’ve actually seen a site listen to its user base and implement important changes

[/kisses u all (if u want kisses if u don’t have platonic hugs ok? or a friendly wave if you don’t like contact)]

Posted 09/11/15

MERNEKI TIME

I’m seriously excited for this event though! It sounds like a combination of the Halloween and Winter Fun Book events. :3c

Posted 09/11/15
SCREECHES this will be my first MC event I’m so excited.
Posted 09/11/15
MERNEKI TIMEPine

^^^THIS! THIS SO MUCH! WHEEEE WATER EVENT!! *gets on her swimmies*

Posted 09/11/15