15:06 ST
[EVENT] Shimmers in the Water (Sep. 19 - Oct. 3)

I think having an idea of what I’m making will help as well xD So I’ll ask around. Thanks for the tip Myla! So long as I can do the other things, it isnt so bad, but I will lament greatly if I cant get past it X_X Circles snakes rows and columns - my brain isnt built for this XD I will make up for it on other days if I gotta though >3

So I used gimp to gut up and rearrange the pieces like a puzzle, figured out the end piece LMAO and was able to finish it xD YAY

This is the first time in my life I have done one of these completely omg

Posted 09/19/15, edited 09/20/15
The slider puzzle was a lot of fun, and I’m looking forward to doing day 2, but I’m still stuck on day one. Hopper was relatively easy to find, but the neighbor? Not so much. I’m still looking.
Posted 09/20/15
Cabe If you need help, try joining the spoilers chat room! Or, if you want, just PM me. :) I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be around, though.
Posted 09/20/15
Never mind, I realized I misread a part of the rules post. Disregard this.
Posted 09/20/15, edited 09/20/15
If anyone needs a link to a sliding puzzles guide, I can provide one! xD It’s really helpful. I used to be AWFUL with those puzzles, but a game I used to play had them incorporated into certain parts of the gameplay. This guide made them extremely easy for me. So, if anyone needs help with their puzzle, just shoot me an echo! ^^
Posted 09/20/15

I know I asked this in CYOA and got the green light, but I’d rather ask again.

Is it alright if we copy-paste our doobles (I’m calling it that since they’re not full on drabbles) we draft on activity days to a writing thread so that we can find them easily even after the event forum has disappeared? Asking permission since I know the writing forum gives out nuggets.

Posted 09/20/15
Dash:  Yes, copying your activities to a writing thread is fine! :D
Posted 09/20/15
*wiggles* Im still not sure if I made my activities thread correctly… Let’s hope I did! ^.^
Posted 09/20/15
I’m starting to think I’m not smart enough for this event. It took help to figure out how to talk to Hopper and now I can’t find the neighbor. :|
Posted 09/20/15
Aw, don’t get discouraged! Remember we have until early October to finish it— it’s only the second day. If you need help, you can also ask players who will be glad to assist you. :) To be fair, I’m still on the slider puzzle. I’ve tried twice now & got frustrated & quit. Plan on trying one last time before I give up on it. I’ve never completed one of those puzzles in my life. :p Just take a break & try again.
Posted 09/20/15, edited 09/20/15
I’ve finished the puzzle by myself because I’ve done puzzles like that before, but to be fair it took me about 10 minutes to finish it. I wish the other puzzles/hints were that easy. But at least I was told you have to be knowledgeable about coats and stuff to get the hints and I’m not even slightly knowledgeable about the site, so now I don’t feel as bad.
Posted 09/20/15
i wasn’t feeling confident about the activity days, but i decided just to have fun with today’s and not think too hard about it and i ended up with a funny story of a decent length. kind of reads like something i would’ve written in high school, but since i haven’t done much writing since then, that’s not surprising. hopefully it’s a good enough activity day entry, though.
Posted 09/20/15

Hey everyone,

There was a bit of a glitch in the first part of today’s challenge where it may have just suddenly decided you got it right for no reason. Sorry about that! The problem has been fixed so it won’t be happening to anyone else, but if you unexpectedly found yourself being congratulated on correctly solving part 1, then that’s why.

Posted 09/21/15
Ah, so that’s what happened to me XD
Posted 09/21/15

sobs quietly

I can’t do today’s activity because I’m stuck on mobile and will probably remain stuck for a while. I have a pretty good idea of the answer too. :(

Posted 09/21/15

Say you’re on Day 2 (the activity day—I posted it but have to wait for it to be verified by staff or however it goes—I’m not sure how I’ll be able to tell when that happens, but whatever). Meaning the Day 2 entry is currently active. Say that you deactivate the Day 2 one so you can complete Day 3, since you can have only one day active at a time. What becomes of your completed Day 2 assignment? Can it still be verified by staff even if that day is currently inactive on your game page…?

(Am I making any sense? o_o )

Basically I’m afraid to deactivate Day 2 so I can work on Day 3. But I’m not sure how long it takes to get Day 2 confirmed, and so am also afraid of waiting until then (since I’m horrible with puzzles).

I’m still not sure if I’m making sense. I have to get to bed.

Posted 09/21/15

tehuti88

The days aren’t deactivated if you activate a new day so it should be fine.

Posted 09/21/15, edited 09/21/15
tehuti88 It’s not mandatory to hit the activate button for activity days so you are welcome to activate Day 3. Staff will manually record who has and hasn’t completed the activities. It may take a little while as there are a number of participants, but rest assured we will do our best to get it done in a timely manner.
Posted 09/21/15

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Could use a tip/hint for the first part of today’s clue, if anyone has any! ; n;

Posted 09/21/15
I… same. I thought I’d go ahead and do the activity really quick before I start my busy busy day and here I am having dragged them in all the ways I think should be correct and it’s not working. I feel like I’m missing something. T.T
Posted 09/21/15
Psst… Diglett raus You two might want to check out Calib’s activity log. They put up some really helpful hints there. And if you still need help after, those down at the spoilers chat room might be of some help!
Posted 09/21/15
Ah, thanks Insigne. I actually did find their log a little after I posted, but it didn’t solve my problems. (I did learn I was being a little bit dyslexic while reading the recipe though, whoops.) I might have to stop into the chat way later tonight. x.x
Posted 09/21/15
raus If you’d rather not, feel free to echo me! :D
Posted 09/21/15
Insigne Haha, yeahhhhh - I found that before posting, and still couldn’t get it XD (thus the table flip haha) I didn’t know about the chat though, so I’ll have to check that out, thanks!
Posted 09/21/15
For some reason I cant connect to the live chat :o Thats where the spoilers and hints are right? All thats coming up is ‘connecting to chat server…’ but then it never does
Posted 09/21/15

Vysal You have to click join a room at the bottom and then select a room 8)

also… i did not expect this recipe arranging to take me this long urgh

Posted 09/21/15

@Courier
Thank you! But when I clicked it no rooms showed up. Is there a certain browser I have to be on?

Nevermind! It was my browser :) Thanks again!

really wish I could get into the chat at work ;w; I can’t figure out day 3 so far…

NEVERMIND

I got it lmao

ETA, thanks for the answer to my earlier question.

I guess I need a hint for the recipe puzzle too. Calib’s log did not help me. :(

I really wish I were smarter for these things, I hate asking for help. :(

tehuti88 I’m not sure if this will help but what I did was try and block things together in “order” and then just switched things around until I redirected me owo
Posted 09/21/15