18:51 ST
[EVENT] Shimmers in the Water (Sep. 19 - Oct. 3)

Ooh! Creative things! 8D cause only MC can convince me to do something sorta productive

Are people saying merneki because… omg *joins in on the merneki chant*

Posted 09/12/15
Insigne Well it’s being implied the unreleased fishy looking pet is gonna make an appearance this event. Merneki itself is actually something Pine, Ryontail, and I made for the choose your own adventure thing earlier this year, and it seems to be catching on with other people as well xD
Posted 09/12/15
Oooh very interesting. Looking forward to what this event is like!
Posted 09/12/15

Ah, glad to see I wasn’t the only one thinking it was the official release of the new species. That babbu is adorable /squishes it.

Posted 09/12/15, edited 09/12/15
aww, that critter is cute. is that gonna be the art used for it?
Posted 09/12/15

Phage
(HI FRIEND)

Yes that’s the baby art for the new species :3c it was leaked last December and now we are finally seeing it be used 8D

Posted 09/12/15
Wait, my brain has finally caught up with what I’ve read. Does this mean we’re not having a Halloween event this year? (I JUST WANT A FOG *sobs*)
Posted 09/12/15

/SCREECHESWITHEXCITEMENT/ OMG OMG OMG!!!

Posted 09/12/15
Wait, THIs is taking place in place of a Halloween event and we’re not getting anything for Halloween?!?!? Nooo~! *Sobs and wails* Why revoke my favorite holiday/event, whyyy?! :< :< :<
Posted 09/12/15

Skye

Unless I’m wrong, this event isn’t replacing the Halloween event, it’s just similarly structured to last year’s Halloween event.

So…we should be having a Halloween event as well? >.>

Posted 09/12/15
Don’t freak out friends, I’m pretty sure we’re also getting a Halloween event!!! It might be a little smaller but I don’t think our lovely admins would skip mycena’s most beloved event~
Posted 09/12/15

*calms slightly*
o.o Hopefully.

I must admit I AM curious about the strange merthingy pets. O3O

Posted 09/12/15

MERINEKIS.

‘BOUT ******* TIME!

So stoked.

Posted 09/12/15
Ohhhhh dear, I’ve never drawn anything on a computer.  I hope that won’t be a requirement.  If it is, I’m toast =(  unless the community on here is really good at talking me through using whatever came on my computer. 
Posted 09/12/15

OregonCoast, 99.9999% sure digital drawings are not mandatory. Lots of people, including myself, take pictures of our entries and upload them to imgur or another image hosting site. :)

edit:
For example, this was my entry to a previous event. :) Traditional art is totally acceptable!!

I’ve gotta admit, all of this art talk is making me nervous because I’m really not much use at art. Event veterans, any chance that a writer type like me will be able to participate in this event?
Posted 09/12/15

radio

I’m not precisely a veteran, but all creative events I’ve seen here have been open to all different kinds of art. I even saw someone who coded a game and one who created a diorama. I don’t think they’ll make an event that would only cater to a narrow population of their players :3 I had a good, old time writing for the creative event I was in and got tons of great crit from players and staff.

Posted 09/12/15

In the past, we’ve had “creative” events. So sculptures, poems, haikus, essays, drawings, sewing, songs, cooking- anything creative that meets the prompt!!!

Usually staff wont say “You have to do a drawing for this event!!!” Usually it’s up to whatever you want as long as it meets the prompt. During the winter event, we had one or two mini-game where you had to draw something but I used MSPaint for my entries as it was super basic stuff. Others printed it and submitted it by photo.

Posted 09/12/15

Dash

Ahh, alright! That reassures me a bit. If it’s open to alleys besides drawing and painting, I’m sure I’ll be able to come up with something. Thank you very much! :>

edit: been playing too much Dragon Age, I spelled “hawk” as “Hawke”

I somehow missed that baby water-thingum being leaked? The only one I was aware of was the bird-like one, which I didn’t save the image of and only vaguely remember. o3o
Posted 09/12/15

Pooka It was shown during the AMA glitch, Myla, and daemon held awhile ago.

What bird one are you talking about???

Posted 09/12/15

I remember mention of a feathery/bird/griffin pet like…. forever ago before the site was released, but I don’t ever remember any art being released for it? I kinda figured it got tossed on the back burner and/or canned, tbh. haha. I’ve always been holding out for a bird-like pet though….

If an image does exist anywhere I’d love to see it. o:

Posted 09/12/15

I’m with you, Corvani. The very first paragraph of the site lore specifically mentions “majestic feathered creatures” in the skies and “scaled beasts” in the swamps so I’ve been waiting since the early days for fish and birds. Like, actual fish and bird critters not just ineki with wings or flipper tails. Those baby lines are a bit more amphibious looking then I’d hoped for a merneki but it looks like the adult is going to be cute so I can deal xD

But yes!! Birds please next!

Posted 09/13/15
!!!! Oh wow this looks like it’ll be fun!!!
Posted 09/13/15
I can’t wait! I’m really excited about having the option for the pet instead of just a shroom too! :3
Posted 09/13/15

ooohhhh so shiny *AAA* [reaches]

btw, during the last creative event, it was possible to buy an extra of the special coat (lily of the valley) using nuggets iirc. it was great for players who joined mid- or post-event or people who couldn’t rack up enough points for the minimum participation requirements. will there be a similar option to purchase a coat(s) this event? :)

Posted 09/13/15
Hm… Maybe I got my wires crossed, thinking of the birdlike creature that was alluded to early on, and misremembering that leaked pet as a bird. Guess I need to start taking fish oil for my bad memory. xD;
Posted 09/13/15
Foxcat  thank you for the reassurance regarding artwork.  Your drawing is sweet!  I’m glad they’ll take that format if it’s needed, though I haven’t put pencil to paper in a very long time. 
Posted 09/14/15
Ah, sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question, but will the shop be opening after the 3rd or the 6th? I’m assuming it will open after the event officially ends on the 3rd, but since you can still complete activities up until the 6th I just want to make sure.
Posted 09/16/15

Titan
You’re correct; the prize shop will open on the 3rd, as that’s the actual end of the event. :D

Posted 09/16/15