06:57 ST
[EVENT] Shimmers in the Water (Sep. 19 - Oct. 3)
I am REALLY excited for this event to begin as my cave mate is actually here with me. We can conspire together in the same location.
Posted 09/18/15
Can we get an image of the actual completed image? I can’t tell what it’s supposed to be o-o
Posted 09/19/15
Ahhh, I love slide puzzles so muchhh. *u*
Posted 09/19/15

Why Mc?! Everyone should know im bad at slide puzzles ;A;
Edit: Meesh its a Mushroom, actually XD

Posted 09/19/15, edited 09/19/15
Ahhh that was so fun. I love things like this, having to search around the website for clues and the such, major kudos to whoever wrote the clever little clues. Absolutely can’t wait for what the rest of this event holds!
Posted 09/19/15
I’m also horrible at slide puzzles generally, but I lucked out with this one and managed it on my own in an amazing,y short period of time. I was very proud. :) All in all today’s thing was fun, I can’t wait too see what tomorrow’s is. :D
Posted 09/19/15
Oh gosh I can’t do this at all, I’m terrible at these aaaa
Posted 09/19/15
Question: when you mean “In order to keep things organized, each player should create their own thread in the event forum to fill up with their completed activities.”, do you mean we have to write a thread saying “i finished day 1!” Then get credit for it? (Dont want to mess up :| )
Posted 09/19/15

....how do you know if an investigation day is complete? oAo I solved the puzzle (day 1), but it gave me more information and I’m not sure if that’s another step or if I’m done….

maybe it’ll be easier to tell once more days are out haha…

Posted 09/19/15
aha, I got it! Sliders are fun ^^
Posted 09/19/15
shadowpup88 When you have completed everything you can do in a day, a check will appear in your fact file so you know you’re done. :)
shadowpup88 You are done a day when there is a check mark next to the Day One [Active] log!
Posted 09/19/15
beaten to it xD
[@Past-tato]  The personal threads are for posting your activity day submissions.  We’ll be giving more details about that soon, but our first activity day isn’t until tomorrow, so you don’t need to have one yet! :D
Posted 09/19/15

[@Past-tato] When the first activity is released, you’ll need to post your entry in a new thread in the Shimmers in the Water forum :) This just makes it easier for us to keep track of everyone’s participation.

Edit - Beaten by Myly!

Will the seven investigation days be consecutive, or will they be spread out through the duration of the event?
Posted 09/19/15

Kinley
Activity and investigation days will alternate. :)

Posted 09/19/15

Slider game?! Nooo, whyyy?!!?! D: ACK! I SUCK at these sorts of things. *sobs and bashes my head against a wall* It’s exceptionally aggravating because I don’t know what it’s supposed to look like. D: Normally games like this have a reference image of some sort, like match-it games.

*curls up in a corner and cries*

Posted 09/19/15
oh god, the slider was so easy after I gave it a moment, but now I dont even know where to begin with this one! Is this one of those events where you have to go to a page and find a hidden link? I know we dont have to look in the code or anything for this event
Posted 09/19/15

The slider thing was very frustrating for me, since I’m awful with spatial-type things. I managed to complete it somehow.

Similarly though, I have no idea what I’m supposed to do next.

Posted 09/19/15
ahh that was funn! the slider killed me but the stuff after that was exciting, i love doing this kind of thing ;o;
Finally finished the slider xD not sure what to do now either though, I’m on mobile, so I’m wondering if I missed any clues or if there’s something I needed to click that I can’t on mobile…
Posted 09/19/15

I finished the slider puzzle, went back to the page and it added some text but not anything in the “findings and clues” area. So I’m not done, but I don’t know what I’m supposed to be doing now. I went back to the slider page to look at the image again and see if it gives me any ideas, but it’s shuffled again…but I’m pretty sure I have never seen anything like that on the site before. Maybe the clues are in the text?

Edit: I think the text is the right place to look.

Meeshtehuti88[@Reili]PhageAfter you’ve completed the slider, another short text will appear below the previous text which contains a hint as to where to head next. You’ll need to figure out who it’s talking about which should clue you in on where to go!  This should be achievable even on mobile.  If you want a spoiler, I’m sure if you post that you need a stronger hint or the answer, someone would be happy to echo you!

You’ll know when you’ve completed Day One a check mark appears beside day one, a light sketch appears in the journal’s background, and clues/findings appear in the area below the journal!

Edit:  There is also an event spoilers chat room in the listing if you need some help, too.

“After you’ve completed the slider, another short text will appear below the previous text which contains a hint! You’ll need to figure out who it’s talking about which should clue you in on where to go next!”

I figured that was where the clue must be, but I guess I’m not familiar enough with the site characters to guess what it’s talking about.

ETA, well, I found the who, but nothing else. :/

finished today’s puzzles! Phew, that was a wild ride xD
Posted 09/19/15
I’m not really familiar with the site characters either, but there are npcs on a few pages.
Posted 09/19/15

“I’m not really familiar with the site characters either, but there are npcs on a few pages.”

Hm. Well, let me try that then.

Posted 09/19/15

Well, that got me a step further, but yet again I’m stuck. And it’s stupid because it looks like it should be obvious, too. :/

Found it. But if this is how poorly I did on the very first puzzle, I don’t like to think how the rest shall go. ;_;

Posted 09/19/15
*bounces on one of the staff’s heads* I wished to be tormented now with seeing the coat colors xD. Drive me to insanity @.@!
Posted 09/19/15