03:30 ST
[EVENT] Shimmers in the Water (Sep. 19 - Oct. 3)
ah, this is my first event here, so I’m totally lost but I guess I’ll just click around <: I finished the slide puzzle in just a few minutes, I really love games like that. I’m so excited~~ and I’m so glad that there aren’t daily prizes because then I would be missing out on a lot of stuff because of school rip
Posted 09/19/15
I’m so excited hh
Posted 09/19/15
The slider game stunned me for a moment there, then I remembered a trick I learned from another site which needed this slider game as part of a dungeon of some sort. Pretty fun!
Posted 09/19/15

Hahaha… sliders… I hate sliders… 8’D

I’m frustratingly bad at them but, once I get started, I can’t really stop until I’m done with them… whether it takes ten minutes or two hours.

Edit: Wait… so I did finish the puzzle… is that it for Day 1?

Posted 09/19/15, edited 09/19/15
Insigne There’s two more little parts. Check the journal again, and when you’re entirely done there will be a checkmark next to the day.
Posted 09/19/15
Blergh… thanks, Losty! I’ll re-read the journal til I get it. 8|
Posted 09/19/15

Insigne
Additionally, there will be a new clue added to the bottom of the page. :)

Posted 09/19/15

Crow Ooh! All right. I’ll check it out.

*skips off to finish day ooonee*

Posted 09/19/15

I’d just like to post a clarification regarding the event logs.

These logs (which several of you have already made - which is perfectly fine!) are going to be used to record your activity day submissions! You don’t need to log the investigative days in them, they’re just there to make sure all of your activity submissions are in one place so we can grade them more efficiently.

I’ll post more detailed instructions later today, and the first activity will be posted up tomorrow. :D

Posted 09/19/15

I hate sliders so much… But I somehow made it? It’s like the first slider I ever finished. :I

But still… EVENT! *w*

Posted 09/19/15
I’m lost :( Where is the journal found at? I finished the slider puzzle, and it said check journal, but it didn’t click to anything, and there is nothing in the findings and clues box of the page I first started on. What am I missing?
Posted 09/19/15
Ourloonybin The journal is the event page, basically xD There’s new text added to it once you finish that puzzle :D
Posted 09/19/15
Ourloonybin; The ‘journal’ is the notebook on the event page :) It’s literally a note book, and as you complete steps, Ambrose takes notes in it. Take another look, see what his conclusions were after you completed the puzzle.
Thank you :)
Posted 09/19/15
Oh, I knew it wasn’t *me* who was taking ‘notes’. It’s nice to know it’s Ambrose doing the actual ‘writing’ of the notes. I like the small story aspect of the event. I wasn’t active for the Halloween event last year so this is a new experience for me.
Posted 09/19/15

I LOVe slide puzzles omg omg…..... .....

I woke up at four thirty and checked my phone and sat up playing the slide puzzle until I’d beaten it. :|;;;;;;;; oopsies.

And then I left the final clue for the morning. xD I was focusing too much on the “neighbor” bit, hehe;;;;;

Posted 09/19/15

doragon

I did the same thing, ahah ; u;

Posted 09/19/15

slider puzzles are the devil

i have always been bad at them lol

i think im almost done with it though…

EDIT i decided to restart which i thought would be good but now i have regrets

EDIT 2: I DID IT OMG what a rollercoaster

I’m usually pretty bad at slider puzzles too but this one didn’t take too long, surprisingly. I focused on the wrong part of the clue at first as well, but I got it after a little bit. That’s why I like this event style best - Yes, it takes thought and attention to detail, and it might even trip us up for a few minutes, but overall it’s not usually going to take ALL DAY to do these things. The click-based events take up too much time by comparison in my opinion.

I’m really excited for the Activities though. That’s the best part of alllll<3

Posted 09/19/15

I thought the slider puzzle wasn’t too bad~

I think I’m supposed to focus on the last half of the clue? But whether I focus on ‘neighbor’ or something else doesn’t make me feel any closer to finding anything. I tried anything I could think of, but nothing seemed to work; probably just because I’m not usually all that active here and have no idea who is who :|

Posted 09/19/15

;A; Ahhh this slider puzzle is so hard! I hope I can manage it ;;

Edit: ;w; I did it yeee~!

So after we do the slider, what do we do next?
Do we have to do it 2 more times or what?

Posted 09/19/15

This threw me for a loop.  I was paranoid that I I had to move some solved portions in order to make the moves work long term.  Was spared, fortunately.

So just the puzzle for today, right?  Is the only confirmation the site telling you that you’ve solved the puzzle after opening it?  Or was the bottom text in the journal new?

Posted 09/19/15

Sage14[@cavebopper]

After you’ve completed the slider, some new short text will appear on the journal/notebook and is a hint on what you need to do next.

A check mark appears beside Day 1 and the journal changes to highlight all the finds for that day once you have fully completed Day 1.

Posted 09/19/15
Thank you so much!
Posted 09/19/15
I can’t find hopper :(
Posted 09/19/15
ThomasOtis:  I echoed you with a lil’ hinty. :D
Posted 09/19/15
I actually have never managed to successfully complete a slider puzzle so I think I’m boned til tomorrow honestly xD I’ll poke around to see if anyone can help me, but ahh, if we can’t finish the slider puzzle are we unable to continue to the next days event? D:
Posted 09/19/15

I find it interesting that so a lot of people have trouble with slide puzzles.
My bf, who is incredibly smart and good with all other puzzles gets freaked out with these kinds of things. Especially when a new Professor Layton game comes out, he gets so frustrated and shoves it over to me :V

I guess I think of them in terms of “section and conquer,” meaning I focus on getting the pieces on the right sides and turning it into a continuous loop to shift pieces in and out. I’m not sure if that helps or not, but that’s always been my strategy on incredibly hard slide puzzles… Like those that take a minimum of a hundred or so moves to complete, ahha.

Posted 09/19/15

Metempsychosis:  Yes, even if you don’t complete a day, you can still move onto the subsequent days.  You’ll have the whole event to try and get that slider puzzle!  Also, if it would help to have the final picture, I bet if you asked around, someone would screenshot it and share it with you!

I usually was able to complete the slider puzzle by working in columns, starting from the left hand side.  There are a few strategy guides for slider puzzles out there; you might want to take a look!  I know a few people were able to complete it without any strategy and just moving pieces around for awhile too! 8)  I BELIEVE IN YOUUU!

Edit:  I second Lycan’s strategy of thinking of the sections as circles and just looping the pieces around while swapping in/out pieces from the other side.  That’s how glitch was telling me to think about it too (because I am also horrible at slider puzzles).