[ACTIVITY] Ivy's Flowershop

OG post

Posted 02/27/21

2 flower arrangement
Hoax first flower

Crystal Clear’s Dreamscape

Posted 02/27/21, edited 02/27/21

Flower Arrangement 1
An arrangement for OnyxDragonLady‘s beautiful flower 2! 
https://www.mycenacave.com/forums/permalink/426674

Deep flower, dark flower: 
grow under tree, grow undersea, 
in the night glitter bright, 
light the way, let us stay. 

Dark flower, deep flower:
fall from tree, fall through sea, 
show your light through the night, 
let us see who you’ll be. 

Posted 02/27/21

Based on Blemy‘s flower!

Posted 02/27/21

Based on Kiwi‘s flower!

Posted 02/27/21

I’m about to write my own little arrangement for this, but if anyone else needs a last minute flower I suppose it’s open.

Posted 02/27/21

For the flower I just posted.

Altamira dragged a table out of the stockpile room, wincing each time its wooden legs made a stuttering screech across the ground.  It JUST needed to get down the hall without attracting the whole group’s attention.  We didn’t need the excitement today.

Down the hall it went, and through the door into Peacha’s workshop, where she and Chihiro were waiting.  Chihiro thumbed thoughtfully through several books on flowers, spread out haphazardly on a desk.  Peacha had prepped a pot and a lantern.  Altamira set the table at its destination with a firm pat to test its stability, and placed the pot and lantern upon it.  A large old glass punch bowl went gently over the makeshift greenhouse.

“I don’t see any matches,” Chihiro shook her head and locked eyes with Altamira from across her pile of books.  “It’s got to be a sacred tree sprout, nothing else makes sense.”

“Except that it’s not a sacred tree sprout,” Peacha sternly replied.  “It has every quality of a sprout, aside from not being a sprout.  I can’t explain it better than that.”  As the group’s botanist, Peacha should have a better explanation.  But the three ineki have known each other for a very long time, and Altamira trusted her intuition.  Altamira nodded thoughtfully, while Chihiro shook her head.

“Well, we’re going to find out,” Chihiro said.  “How long did it take the last time we found a sprout?”

Rococo popped in ten days,” Altamira replied.  That was years ago, and quite a surprise.  The ‘academy’ was such a small group then, just a few newly awakened ineki trying to establish themselves in the cave.  He was just…found.  A random sprout with a baby inside, who became the academy’s collective son.  “Peacha, please try to find the words.  Why is this one different?”  From Altamira’s perspective the difference was minimal.  She was mining, struck a cave, found a flower.  It seemed like the same situation on repeat.

Peacha leaned down over the purple blossom, sitting contentedly in its warm new home.  “Well to start, it’s tiny.  What would come from this?  An eensy weensy little Drasilis that fits in the palm of your hand?”

“That sounds amazing actually,” Chihiro laughs.

“But that’s not how it works.”  Although, now that she has proposed the thought, Peacha was imagining what that would look like.  “But there’s something else.  Maybe a magical quality that’s lacking.  I don’t know.”

Altamira gave the edge of the table another firm pat.  “Well, I’ll look into getting us a better apparatus to observe it in.  I can probably get one of those little greenhouses.  You know, the kind that’s a little tent over a shelf.  I’ll go into town tomorrow.”

“Thank you, thank you.”  Peacha gazed affectionately at the purple flower.  “If this turns out to be JUST a flower at least I can try and plant a few more.  I won’t say no to more greenhouses.”

“Anytime,” Altamira gave a casual wave as she approached the workshop door.  But when she opened it…  “Oh!”

It seemed like half the academy was in the hall.  “It’s nothing yet!”  She shooed them away.  “Come back in ten days to get disappointed!”  But she could barely hold back a laugh.  What a group.

Posted 02/27/21
Posted 02/28/21
Posted 02/28/21

Posted 02/28/21

Based on Pooka‘s flower

I didn’t have quite the right colours unfortunately

Posted 02/28/21

Based on Purr‘s flower

]

Posted 02/28/21

For my second entry, I made this little poem based on Prose‘s beautiful flower design.

Shining like the flower of the sun
glittering like the moon and the stars
adorning colors that scream fun
this flower does nothing but charms

In a fluffy middle of cream
a buzzing bee lands
peaceful as in a dream
collecting pollen for the sake of its clans

Its leaves rustle in the summer breeze
wafting along a smell of morningdew
the little plant could be picked with ease
but it might be better left to hear the cows moo.

Posted 02/28/21

Flowers from Crystal Clear
Seeing that they were inspired by the same gene, I decided to draw them together.
It wasn’t easy and my pens decided that today was a great day to stop writing :D

Posted 02/28/21

Ivy politely asked me never to come back.

Posted 02/28/21

Design 1: Hissing Hazard (Open)

Posted 02/28/21

Arrangement 1: Flower Here

The Hissing Hazard is a rather interesting flower, with everything about it being seemingly designed to keep anyone from messing with it. Mycenians, however, have taken these qualities to be somehow desirable, actively seeking out the flower as a sort of anti-gift, a more polite but passive way of letting someone know you aren’t interested in them.
The flower’s striking colors are a clear warning to steer clear, the reddish hue clashing wildly with its white and pink markings, a general indication that a plant is toxic. While the flower is not actually toxic itself, the dark purple leaves that grow under the flower are covered in tiny hairs that act like needles, sticking themselves into anyone who might happen to brush past them.
The flower itself is, however, quite bitter to taste, and the center petals are capable of shaking to reveal the pinkish lines across the back of them, an act it does while emitting a hissing sound similar to that of a snake. The center pad of the flower is photosensitive, and this reaction can easily be triggered by waving a paw over the plant.
On top of being wildly hostile for a plant, these flowers only grow in some of the most remote sections of the cave. The flower has evolved in a strange way that makes water toxic to it, instead stealing magic from the nearby area and using that to fuel its growth. Predictably, this poses a danger to magical creatures and mages alike, as several of these plants growing in one place can cause a notable drain in magical energy in the nearby area. Conversely, this also makes the plant well sought after to cure magical diseases.
The odd case of the Hissing Hazard has it growing in an inhospitable location in small bundles where it makes every effort to be unappealing to anyone and anything that might want to pick it. And yet, mycenians constantly seek out the rare plant in the wild for various reasons, the plant being notoriously difficult to care for due to its insistence on dying when wet.

Posted 02/28/21

Design 2: Escape Velocity (Open)

Posted 02/28/21

Arrangement 2: Flower Here

The Escape Velocity flower is characterized by its mottled purple coloration, with the petals being darker than the disc in the center. The flower itself is quite common, being found growing anywhere that water can be found, even in minute quantities. Because of this, the flower acts something like a weed and can be a nuisance to gardeners and farmers alike.
Due to it’s widespread availability and ease of care, the Escape Velocity is often used as a starting point for newbie gardeners who are just learning how to care for plants. Their color and pattern also makes them a nice addition to any bouquet that uses cooler tones, as its vibrant use of purple can easily provide a splash of color where needed.
Despite its commonness, there are few who know why the Escape Velocity got its name, and the usefulness it has to any would-be adventurers. The true value of the flower can be found in its seeds, as each one contains a small hint of magic. When ground up into a fine powder and concentrated, this slight magical essence can be used to distill a potion that will temporarily allow a creature to levitate, with stronger concentrations providing a higher buoyancy.
This can even be taken to dangerous levels, essentially reversing the effect of gravity and causing a creature to shoot upwards at incredible speeds, potentially injuring or even killing them if the cavern is large enough. The flower got its name from the idea of using one such potion while outside the cave, using its power to launch yourself like a rocket into the stars.

Posted 02/28/21
Posted 02/28/21

Based on flower by nope

Posted 02/28/21
Posted 02/28/21
Posted 02/28/21

Posted 02/28/21

based off of Prose’s design

I really loved the speckles and sparkles. Made me think of freckles!

Posted 02/28/21
Flower Arrangement #2

Based on polygone‘s flower https://www.mycenacave.com/forums/permalink/428029

Posted 02/28/21
Posted 02/28/21

Flower design based on my Indra <3

Restricted to Gabriel

Posted 02/28/21

Based on Dawn

Posted 02/28/21

Open!

Posted 02/28/21