09:10 ST
[FORUM ACTIVITY] Welp Reviews
Welp Reviews

Instructions:

From the perspective of one of your pets, write a review of their day at the Mycenail Salon!

Entry Guidelines
  • Include number of stars out of five (Here is the star symbols to copy/paste: ★ ☆).
  • Include the pet’s image/avatar image.
  • Include a written review of at least 150 words.
Deadline

This activity is open until 23:59 Server Time April 7th.

Participation & Prize:
  • Writing one review will earn you the participation prize, Drifty Nail Polish, for this activity.  You may design more than one for fun, but will not gain extra prizes.
Example:
★★★★☆

I have to say that I had a fantabulous experience at the salon today!  The clay was scrumptious! It really cleared out the systems.  Detox indeedily! I asked Rikur to tickle AND paint my toes.  He didn’t want to at first (that’s why I did four stars), but, pro-tip: he’s easily bribed!! I also asked him to paint desserts on my toes.  He isn’t the greatest artist, but he really put his heart into it.  A for effort, Rikur!  I never used the Cave Exchange anyway.

During the massage, I got the fluffiest yellow towel that matched the butter on my pancake hat!  When I asked if they did that on purpose, they said “Err… oh yes, certainly.”  How thoughtful!  I asked if they would massage my pancake hat too (it has been a bit stiff lately), and, for a few extra nuggets, they did that too.  So inclusive. :) Very highly recommended!

[float=right][img]IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float][center][h2]★☆☆☆☆[/h2][/center]
[i]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer tristique tortor lacus, vitae pellentesque tellus gravida at. Praesent tellus quam, imperdiet vestibulum turpis at, lobortis accumsan dolor. Maecenas ac ornare tortor. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Nullam eu aliquet tellus, sit amet imperdiet ipsum. Morbi ullamcorper massa in sollicitudin vestibulum. Quisque ut lobortis ipsum. Phasellus non tincidunt odio. Etiam sed tristique ipsum. Curabitur accumsan tincidunt dolor, sed tincidunt dui hendrerit et. Ut quis quam eu nulla tincidunt viverra.

Proin eros velit, tincidunt at tristique non, consequat vitae eros. Curabitur ac leo sodales, pellentesque erat vel, tristique ipsum. Curabitur in scelerisque felis, id venenatis lacus. Donec euismod ornare odio, in laoreet elit. Nunc massa orci, ullamcorper eu neque ut, viverra tincidunt diam. Nullam rhoncus cursus arcu vel volutpat. Donec malesuada convallis est ut ultricies. Aenean sollicitudin dolor vitae enim facilisis rutrum. Vivamus tempor.[/i]

Useful Links:
Posted 04/01/18, edited 04/03/18
★★★★★

Fuck yeah! That was the best salon I’d been to in AGES! Plus it was all free! Like, zero cost free. I didn’t even have any real expectations going in, i just wanted to get my nails done and they ended up doing it this cool blue color that matches my hair. Apparently it’s called ‘Toothpaste Terror II: The Terroring’, which is just the best name for nail polish ever. And they did all my nails, not just the front ones which some other dickish salons try to cheap you out with.

The face mask was nice too, it felt great and was pretty evenly spread on. From what I’ve heard, Rikur must’ve gotten a lot of practice before I showed up because he totally fucked up with some people to where the mask wouldn’t even come off. But that’s been fixed so whatever, and I didn’t even look that bad with it on anyways. Also, the massage was to DIE for. No joke, that dras has some magic fingers. Plus he’s a big pushover and will do pretty much whatever you want him to do if you yell at him a bit. Plus, to top it all off I got a free towel out of the deal. It’s not really my style, but who gives a shit. Free towel. Would ABSOLUTELY recommend going.

Posted 04/01/18, edited 04/06/18
★★☆☆☆

I want you to know right now, this Salon caters exclusively to the female persuasion! I went for a simple massage, wanting a little pampering after a tough run in with that Titan, but it was *too* soothing and I fell asleep. Well, when I woke up, the had put MAKEUP on me! I am not a woman Mycenail Salon!
2/5 stars for the massage - next time please Massage Only!

Posted 04/01/18, edited 04/01/18
★★★★★

Everyone was soooo nice! Especially after I got my friend to quit trying to beat everyone up. Guess Beelzy didn’t like that color for his nails… but, I loved mine! There were LOTS of people walking around like they were burritos. They looked like they were having so much fun, so, I grabbed a towel and pretended to be a burrito too!

Oh, oh! I got to help make nail polish!!! I hope Carol isn’t upset I got all that glitter and candy stuck on her ceiling… I don’t even know how it got up there. Oh, but don’t drink ANY nail polish EVEN IF it smells like candy. It’s not, I promise. We got massages and facials too! The massage was too tickly, and apparently you aren’t suppose to eat the vegetables they put on your face??? What’s the point of even putting a vegetable on your face then?! I really wanted to try putting on someone’s makeup, but I was kind of nervous to ask anyone else, so I asked Beelzy! He’s so pretty now. I gave him LOTSA lipstick to match his eyes.

We had lots of fun! Everyone was really good at pretending to be a burrito.

★★★★★★

Yes, well. The family insisted that I try out the new salon they’d found, so. I have to say, I’ve never felt so clean…whatever shampoo they use really fluffs the fur right up. Smells nice, too. Although the general smell in here is sort of chemical-y—not that that’s bad, that plus all the bottles of whatever concoctions these are lying around, kind of reminds me of my workshop. (Some of the potions there smell a lot worse, to be honest.)

Not sure how I feel about the green claws, but Lyla says “green is pretty, Daddy!” so I guess I’ll be keeping them that way for now. Tropie rather insisted I opt for the tail wax, not so sure about that, either. But she says “it’s all the rage right now” and that I look “right smart” (not sure I trust that smile, for the record, but Senovés says “everyone looks great”, too, so). At least the professionals here assure me the fur will grow right back.

There were books here to look at while the stylists did their thing (except for when they did…whatever they did to my face), so that was nice. And they have complementary coffee, too. While I still don’t get what Tropie sees in the stuff, it’s definitely better than most of what I’ve tried before—more milky and sugary, or something.

All in all, it wasn’t that unpleasant of an experience, and everyone else seems to be having a lot of fun, so that alone gets it a positive rating. In fact, Lyla wanted to give it a “jillion stars”, but eventually she settled for six.

I think that about sums it up, so now that I’ve finished the review—can I please see that mirror now?

★★☆☆☆

okay i heard a lot of great things about mycenail salon but maybe rikur was just tired or something but i fell asleep in the chair while he was applying makeup and when i woke up it was in my hair!! my hair!!! not to mention he glued my fake eyelashes to my eyebrows :’( at least i didn’t have to pay for those though. the massage was pretty good(?) but i’ve never had any other massages other than my asshole twin being a jerk :’(( this towel is very soft and fluffy though 10/10 on the towel

Posted 04/01/18
★★★☆☆

I’m really torn—this place has somethings that work well and other things that are just *shudder*. I would say the detox is okay. The clay-based mask is just slightly too drying on my delicate fur however. I suspect kaolin clay was used, which just doesn’t mesh with my fur type! :c Other wise I very much enjoyed my manicure and find the “Just Desserts”—a lovely warm gold—color they applied quite appropriate with my taste in jewelry, let alone their fabulously bright yellow towels. The massage was fine, if the locale—and more on that later—was more creepy than soothing, well…apparently this place is thematic. I also opted for the makeover with the lash extension—I must say, I detest these plastic-y extensions they used. They’re quite inflexible and really, what kind of salon applies strip extensions these days? I would have to pass for individually applied mink or silk extensions elsewhere, ugh. They’re also by far too dramatic for my coloring and style, so those are coming right off with the clay mask. Also the lipstick they used is too prone to bleeds and feathering. I would also have preferred a different shade as this one was slightly too coral to be flattering.

However, this place is in a dark cave-like environment. While the glowing salt bath pools are giant (and I mean like an inland sea levels of giant here!), the entire place is lit with mushrooms! Mushrooms! Yes, a salon that looks like a cave, lit by mushrooms. If that wasn’t enough, the floors are all uneven! Like and actual cave! I think even the weird cave theme could have worked if they’d just done black marble floors? Honestly, the combination of the glowing salt bath pools and the massage probably would have lured me back if not for the horrible receptionist.

Why do I say the receptionist is horrible? The giant bone monster wouldn’t let me leave! It said “And just where do you think you’re going?” to me in this terrible tone of voice! Ugh. I actually had to out run it! (Which totally reversed spa effects, btw. :c)

Do I look like I want to be trapped in this dark, dank cave-themed spa? No. No, I do not. (That’s negative, negative, negative, so not a double negative for anyone whose counting. ;P)

Verdict: The best salt pools, period. Mixed results on everything else. Only visit if you’re prepared never to leave or to escape a giant bone monster.

Posted 04/01/18
★☆☆☆☆

Something went terribly wrong while I was in this place and I couldn’t even begin to explain how.

Having had a long work week, I decided to pop in to the new Mycenails Salon, specifically for one of those massages. Might as well, since the first visit was free. The massage itself was indeed very pleasant, and that was honestly enough for me, but the staff insisted on going all-in on this “beauty makeover” they were blasting everyone with. I tried to politely turn them down, but they wouldn’t take no for an answer, and soon they were playing with my claws and putting gunk on my face. I didn’t fight too much; Again, it was free, and it’s not like the stuff wouldn’t come off after a wash or two, right?

Nothing wants to come off now. The make up I can somewhat understand, but even the towel?! I physically cannot remove this thing from my body, and I’ve had to just put my lab coat back on overtop of it going back to work, and that’s not even mentioning the fact that I look like a clown who can’t put make up on properly! So anyone reading this, do NOT go to this place unless you have a particular sense of fashion! You might be stuck wearing a bath towel for the rest of… Well, who knows! I’m still wearing mine. ;; Man, I really hope my boss doesn’t see me like this, I’ll never live it down…

Posted 04/01/18
★☆☆☆☆

When I first heard about this beauty craze, I thought it would be fleeting and ignored it, but eventually I was convinced to take part. Now, I’m no stranger to massages and masks. But I could not believe my eyes when after the delightful massage and detox, they only did half of my lashes and refused to do the other eye! And when they got to the lipstick, why I cannot understand why they would do my upper muzzle perfectly but leave the bottom half on my chin… ! 

I was told it was due to my facial edits, and I am stunned and appalled, these services should cater to ALL EDITS! #downwithdiscrimination !!!!

And, as if things couldn’t get worse, when they got to my nails… Why, I can barely say it! They applied it despite my protests… Because that lemon was TOO DANG FRESH!!!!!

2/10

-A tearful review by Tien

★★★☆☆

I was stunned when I heard that a salon was opening. My teacher, on the other hand, was outraged and went on a rant about how people are too spoiled these days. It took a lot of whining and begging before he let me go.

It was surprisingly pleasant even if I felt really awkward at first. They noticed my nervosity so they started me with the mud bath. They even had a nice little chat with me when I was enjoying my massage. After that, my nails got painted a nice color called “Pumpkin Peril”. It really fits with my hair color. I am not so sure about the makeup choice though. But when I voiced my concern they flat out ignored me and applied it anyway. I am no expert of course, but when I came home my teacher fell to the ground laughing while calling me a clown…

No more makeup for me that’s for sure

★★★★☆

This was an interesting experience to say the least! My face feels pleasantly refreshed and I look so much prettier now. I had never considered using make up before, especially in such boldly clashing colours, but the shocked screams I was met with later confirmed how astounding the result was!
The Joyous Jello on my nails was an especially nice touch, and I would love to try some of other colours, such as the cute Pinky Promise or the fashionable Gregarious Blueberry.
Oh, and don’t get me started on the massage, it was to die for. I haven’t felt so relaxed in ages and I would come again for that alone. ❤

The one thing that disappointed me was the towel I had been given. It was nice and fluffy, but there was this long tear in the middle of it and the staff wouldn’t give me a new one, claiming they couldn’t spare any more with how many customers they had coming. :(
Other than that the staff was very helpful and friendly though, so I had a great time!

★☆☆☆☆

Me and my darling Tien were incredibly excited to hear about a salon opening in the cave! Well… I was, and I convinced her to come with me because I was sure we would have a lovely time together. It had been a long time since we’d been able to enjoy such delights together.

Well first off, I’m ashamed to see that Tien got here before me. Seeing my darling’s distraught words? UNACCEPTABLE. We both received the same treatment with lipstick on our chins, and were both told the same excuse. We should be able to enjoy such services without worrying about the fact we have facial edits!!

If I could give the service 0 stars, I would!!!!!!!!! But I’ll have to settle with one star because this stupid review site doesn’t realise there can be feelings strong enough to warrant a zero. It’s disgraceful.

Not to mention, you both gave us this lemon that is, as Tien puts it; “TOO DANG FRESH!!!”. I agree, it clashes terribly with our fur.

1/5 stars according to your site, 0/10 in my heart.

-Eleanor ♡

Posted 04/01/18
★★☆☆☆

When I first saw this salon I thought it wouldn’t be up to my standards. You know, I’m quite a star in my field, so I can’t go in any subpar establishment, it could taint my reputation! But I saw some nice reviews and the owner is quite a distinguished figure so of course I had to try. And what a surprise! This salon is not complete garage!

They don’t have the best aesthetic sense, their makeup skills are horrendous, but their massage and detox masks are sure doing wonders to my fur and skin! I’m sure curious to see if they have any other treatments that I could enjoy there. Their nail polish art isn’t the best either, For simple designs their work is acceptable, but the kind of delicate art I enjoy in my nails is sure not something they can do. Oh, well, no one can be perfect. Except for me, of course.

Posted 04/01/18
★★☆☆☆

...Let me just start with saying I don’t even remember going to this salon… I don’t recall ever applying or giving them my address but when I woke up this morning, my two boys were swaddled in a towel and covered in makeup…

Now I don’t mean to say the application is bad or anything but…how did you get into my house ^^;? And how did you get them all dolled up without waking them? Solar is the lightest sleeper I know. Also, they’re just children so I don’t see why they would need this?
I did try to clean them up but nothing is working. How many layers of nail polish did you use ^^; What the heck is in this face mask? What is one of them was allergic?

...They look fabulous though so I can’t complain too much so…2/5 stars because I’m sure if someone willingly went to you they would be very satisfied but I have to question how legal your methods are..

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★★

Oh, goodness! Well, I must say that my visit to this salon was not good. It was not great. It was positively incredible! I was rather skeptical about visiting at first; I was worried that they wouldn’t have the right accommodations for someone of my species’s size, but they delivered on that front! The staff was incredibly courteous as well. I couldn’t pick out a good color to paint my nails with, so they surprised me with what they thought would suit me the best… and it suits me VERY well, if I do say so myself. They even threw in a facial, massage, and makeover free of charge! I’m not normally one to wear makeup, but after seeing the end results, I may have to consider wearing it more often! All things considered, I highly recommend taking a visit to the Mycenail Salon. I feel like a whole new Kelph after visiting!

Posted 04/01/18
★☆☆☆☆

I’m appalled, that attendant…Rikur? Ricky? Something like that…I don’t think he was paying one lick of attention, not one. He applied the makeup BEFORE the massage…I mean really he was unforgivably distracted. I told him, I most definitely told him that I wanted MATCHING makeup, the nail polish needed to go with the lipstick for goodness sake. And when I finally look in a mirror, and I had to ask someone else to even get a hold of a mirror…! Well when I look the lipstick is BRIGHT RED and the nail polish is BRIGHT GREEN!!! How is that matching I ask you?!

Well when I ask him, that Rikur fellow, he just gives me this strained smile and tells me the nail polish is Joyous Jello! That is not what I asked! I didn’t want to know what the bleeding colour was called, I wanted to know how he thought it paired up well with the lippy!!

I tell you I would like my money back…but I suppose I’ll still give one star, the massage was alright.

Posted 04/01/18
★★☆☆☆

L O L! okay, get THIS! (=’.’=) i heard about this place like, zilch before today, and i ended up going because i’m super impulsive. #YOLO!! so i go in, and the stylist at the desk seems like they know what’s hip and happening, so i’m like yeah, let’s do it?!? i’m totally ready to go!!! so they get me signed in, and i get stuck with this other stylist, diff one, and let me tell you, this guy??? did NOT know what he was doing!!! the other guy seemed super nice and had his head on way straight, but this one? he smelled weird, like he was baking in the nastiest pit in the cave E V E R. he has the gall to tell me that he’s going to coordinate something that goes w/ my color scheme? something that compliments my scales!!! okay sure fine let’s go?! let’s go!

results? AWFUL! he slathered on the grossest makeup i’ve ever seen w/ a facial cream that makes my scales itch from the outside to the underside. then? THEN?!? he puts on this super blue nail polish on my claws?! EWWW. gross! the other stylists seemed pretty cool tho, but gosh, this one guy sucked?! (;_; ) if you come here, avoid the stylist named devon!!! he doesn’t know what he’s doing?!

i mean. at least the atmosphere was kind of nice? but that’s IT!!!!!!

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★☆

After decades and decades of granting wishes, it was nice to have my wish for an all-expenses-paid spa day granted! The music originally was a sort of zen atmospheric little ditty, but thankfully, they have no issues whatsoever changing to the top 100 on request!  The salt scrub was absolutely divine and felt so very good on all of my scales.  And their scented shampoos are absolutely heavenly as well, it puffed up my hair and tail absolutely perfectly - my hair’s had an issue being a bit wiry in my old age, but I’m planning on buying the shampoo from this spa in order to maintain the newfound softness it gave me!! They gave the absolute perfect shade for my nails, as well, perfectly suited to what I usually wear for work.

I suppose my only real complaint is that the makeup is a bit hard to wash off, and I do look a bit like a tart.  It’s been a very long time since I’ve been that sort of woman, you know!! I’m far too old for that these days.

Posted 04/01/18
★★★☆☆

Well. I uh. I’m not really sure this salon has the slightest idea what to do with beaks. I was left with a distinct impression they were trying to paint a muzzle onto it so they knew what to do, and when I finally got to look into the mirror, it does seem rather like that’s what they tried to do indeed. Not really a good impression left on that front. I hadn’t really wanted makeup in the first place (do you know what it does to feathers?) but they insisted. I can’t say I’m impressed with that. Customers should be given options, you know?
On the other hand, the massage was lovely, and when I’d asked if they could do anything to help with the odd crystal growth situation I’ve found myself with ever since I went exploring for the Heart of the Sorceress, they did find a good lotion to help with the itching and even got the most perfectly matching polish for my claws to go with the crystals, since I’m not really sure they’re going to go away. Might as well look good while figuring out what’s up, no?
Overall, if they ever decide to allow the customer options on makeup, or at least learn how to work with more than one facial shape (and possibly expression, I don’t know what they were trying to do with the splash of lipstick they smeared on my chin), I might give it four or five stars. As it is, outside of the makeup snafu, I have to admit it wasn’t bad!

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★☆

I wasn’t very sure about this whole… Salon… Thing at first, I mean, there’s good profit in the work, I suppose, but it wasn’t ever, yanno, the kinda thing I’d visit. But I’d had a really rough day… A’ight, enough about me though, I wanted a massage, ok? And as far as that goes, it was worth every nugget! Worked out all the kinks and tension in my back like’a charm! Sweet light, I ain’t felt better in a year ‘er more! But, uhh, only 4 stars. ‘cuz just ‘cuz a guy falls asleep mid-massage, ain’t reason ta go puttin’ makeup on ‘im! .......... Though I gotta say, it makes me feel pretty darn fabulous! An’ it’s my favorite color, too! ... The nail polish color’s pretty a’ight though, I suppose. It’s a lovely green, sos, yanno, it could be worse. Overall, highly recommended anyway! That massage was definitely worth every nugget, an’ even worth havin’ ta wash off the make-up. Even iffin’ it does make me look really pretty…

Posted 04/01/18
★★☆☆☆

Oh boy…where to begin!! Let me start of by saying when I was offered a FULL beauty treatment for FREE I couldn’t say no! What a nice gesture you’d think, A good way to promote their business.. WRONG. I went in to this place with an open mind as I was overjoyed with the idea of receiving a wonderful pampering session for free. First, they began with their ultimate manicure. I absolutely love getting my nails done, this is where they earned their ‘two’ stars from me. Though I found it very odd that they picked out my nail color! They just grabbed one from the bin and started painting!!! Luckily, I really like the pumpkin peril color, so I wasn’t too bothered by it. But I guess its free... so I can’t complain too much-Right? Hah! If only this was the worst of it.

I was completely embarrassed by the staff when they offered me a yellow towel that could maybe fit a TODDLER. I realized quickly that the towel wasn’t going to fit over my torso, and only my waist down. I’m a rather fluffy gal you know! Whatever! But when I kindly requested for a bigger towel, they announced loudly that it was a ‘one size fits all’ sorta thing- In front of everyone else! How embarrassing, everyone looking at me as I couldn’t fit this towel around my fluffiness. At this point, I just wanted this to be over.

The clay mask and makeover treatment feels like a blur as I was focusing more on getting to go home than trying to enjoy the service. BUT OMG. THE MOMENT they tried to put EYE LASHES over MY naturally BEAUTIFUL eyelashes!!! I was about to freak. I pulled back and demanded that they did NOT put those on me. And look at what happened!! (See photo attached). They glued these hideous spider leg looking things on my -face-. And they wont come off! I was furious! They exclaimed that I would feel ‘better’ after their soothing massage… lets just say- I was NOT soothed!! Like I said, they got a 2 stars from me only because I enjoyed the manicure and nail color. Everything else, just NO. I should have done my research before going!! A free full beauty treatment was clearly too good to be true.

Posted 04/01/18
★☆☆☆☆

To be honest? Probably not. To be very honest? I… don’t even know how I got in there. What I do know, is that I was guided into some place that smelled really funky, and then they were putting a bunch of stuff on my face. Sticky stuff, powdery stuff, itchy stuff, sneezy stuff… all sorts of strange things that I can’t really imagine. When my parents found me, and oh, I think Mum sorely regrets finding me, because she screamed the most terrifying scream that I’ve ever heard in my entire life. My ears are super sensitive, and I can’t see much at all, but that scream must have meant something very bad, because Dad dragged me to the nearest pool to wash my face. I’m actually still there right now as I pen down my thoughts, because for some reason whatever it is that is on my face is not coming off.

So, well, if you like irremovable makeup and first-hand experience of the horrifying range of screams that an ineki is able to produce then, I’d say give it a go? If not, it might be wiser to stay far far away.

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★☆

FOUR stars!  I said four  hopefully that can be repaired Fixed it ^,^

... sigh… Clearly me and nail paint/glitter don’t go together~Patti Honestly what did you talk me into?!?!  Nail glitter?  Okay, so it does shine prettily.  Let’s back this class up.  Yoga, check, weight lifting, check, hiking, check, swimming classes, check, I’m your gal for all of it, but girly? Nope.  I’ll be the first to admit I don’t play with makeup because I sweat too much with my fitness business.  Today my best friend Patti talked me into giving this new spa place a try.  I gritted my teeth and played along because Patti’s been a great sport in the past and has gone along with me on some hikes which were clearly out of her comfort zone.

Overall the place is very inviting, with soothing music playing and I love how everyone received a fluffy, sunny yellow towel.  They were like being wrapped in warm, cottony clouds!  The massage was beyond incredible, even the detoxing mask they used left me feeling so refreshed!  I’d no idea my body was holding in so many toxins, or had so many tight muscles.  Clearly I need to scheduale these more often, so big Four stars to the joint for that!  And Thank You to Patti Pearl for inviting me to a spa day.  Love ya gal!!!

The reason for the missing star?  These people do not believe in boundaries.  When I woke up, my friend was laughing at me. When I asked why, my massueur proudly handed me a mirror. >:(  makeup?!  Lipstick?!  Mascara????  No!  Not everyone looooves this sort of makeover.  Sorry, but you do lose a star for that.  As for the nail polish, it was a bit snarky of them to use Snotty Green when my friend got Minty Green. Okay, so I don’t often indulge with being girly, but ‘Snotty’?  C’mon, that’s not very kind, even if it is a pretty shade of green.  All in all, it’s a place I would recommend, but at least you’ll have a head’s up, they love to slap on the facepaint and glitter.

OregonCoast 

★★★★★

What a thrilling survival simulation! My heart was pounding throughout the whole encounter. While I watched my fellow Mycenians fall prey to the stabbing and slashing makeup brushes left and right, I used my training and expertise in apocalyptic scenarios to dodge these masseuse monsters. I will admit the theme of the simulation caught me by surprise, but I suppose anything is possible in a magical cave. It is as important to be prepared to be attacked by makeup as it is to be prepared to be attacked by zombies.

Thankfully, I managed to avoid falling victim to the horrible makeup forced upon other victims. However, whoever organized this activity has quite the skilled set of beauticians. They managed to wrangle me long enough to paint my nails, and even picked a shade that matched my fur! It has helped me pinpoint areas where I need to improve my survival skills. My karate, for example. I am proud to say I managed to escape before they pasted on those killer eyelashes.

This simulation may have to become a more regular part of my training regime. It kept me on the tips of my cla- What do you mean it was supposed to be a spa, not a survival simulation? How horrid!

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★★

Flying through space can get tiring, so I stopped on this random planet for some rest and relaxation. I asked one of the locals what they do for fun around here, and they directed me to this lovely salon! I must say, I was doubtful at first. The salon was located inside a cave, strangely enough. From the outside, the establishment didn’t look like much. But as soon as I stepped inside, I felt overcome with waves of sweet serenity. The staff seemed a little bit alarmed to be meeting an alien, but they greeted me warmly and service was quick and attentive all the same.

Now, trust me here, I know my massages. I have experienced massages from all over the galaxy, from the Tentacalites from Huuuu7 (A hidden gem!) to the famed Resortists from the Resort Planet (too commercialized, if you ask me.) But, I must say, this was one of the best, considering that the inhabitants of this planet only have those two little paws to work with. I suggests my masseuse use her feet as well, but she seemed to think I was telling a joke. No mind, for these people are professionals! I was utterly refreshed by the end.

Afterwards, she asked if wanted to do the manicure and makeup bundle. Not knowing what that was, I said yes. Apparently, it is customary for the inhabitants for this planet to paint their faces and their claws. How fascinating! I asked why, and my make-up artist said it was to make me feel good about myself. Well, it worked! I feel like the prettiest boy on the planet. Next time I am wandering through space, and meet one of my friends, I will recommend this lovely salon to them.

Quasar, out.

Posted 04/01/18
★★☆☆☆

Hmph. I gots dragged here on accounts o’ my callouses. I reckon’ that any good workin’ man should have callouses. They put some weird-smellin donkey c*** on my face. It smelled like a women farted on a windy spring day. I ain’t supposed to smell like some lady fart. Imma MAN, so I supposed to smell like a MAN! Them lady people at the lady shop don’t care, ‘cause they ladies. They even took my nails, perfect for wranglin’ things outside (where real men are built), and made them lady nails. I AIN’T NO LADY. Them nails is now pink. Not a manly pink, mind yer. Them’s a bright, pinky pink. Like the color of the sunset as I ride into it. Cause I’m a man. I was a’ poked and prodded like a dungbeater under a jar. Gotta say, I’ll give this place two stars. They may have stripped me of my manhood, but them ladies make the darnest best steak n’ potaters this side of ther Mississippi.

Maybe I’ll bring my horse next time ‘round. 

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★★

After the drifty colors skewed, I’ve been feeling rather… odd. I’ve often felt gloomy and out of sorts, just not myself at all! It’s been awful! But then this morning, I wake up and everyone’s wearing makeup and doing their nails, so I figured, why not? I treated myself to a gorgeous mani-pedi in Stressed Dessert to match this awful fur color. I’m not sure where Rikur learned to apply makeup, but I was pleasantly surprised. He wasn’t much of a talker, though, but I can overlook that simply because the massage that followed was marvelous! It’s exactly what was needed for me to relax. I almost fell asleep!

Let me tell you, folks, I feel FABULOUS! I’ve felt better than I have in days! I feel so refreshed and just positively divine, if I do say so myself! Perhaps my fur can’t be fixed quite yet, but goldarn it, the rest of me can still look and feel its best! Today has been the most delightful day I’ve had in quite a while and I cannot thank that purple drasilis enough! I highly recommend this to any Mycenian suffering from melancholy!

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★☆

Oh my dear goodness, I have to say, Rikur is actually a pretty good nail tech. He insisted on Pumpkin Peril for me, which I was a bit dubious about, but it doesn’t look too bad! A bit more orange than I’d have prefered, and not gold enough, but it doesn’t look terrible. He even offered to paint my starshine summon’s nails to match, but seeing as it doesn’t look like she has nails as far as either of us could tell, we had to decline on that offer.

The only thing I didn’t like was the mud mask. It’s almost the exact same shade as my face, and now it looks like I’m weirdly flat-toned. All of my gorgeous sparkles look to have just disappeared! On others, especially those with darker fur or scales, I can imagine it’s a positively ghastly color. At least the sandy colored towel fits me, unlike one poor dear with particularly fluffy fur, and doesn’t totally throw off my beach aesthetic.

All in all, considering this was a free spa visit, I’d have to say they did a pretty good job.

Posted 04/01/18
★☆☆☆☆

Now, I normally don’t leave reviews (much less bad ones), but this–this makeover, if you can call it that, is absolutely unacceptable! I despise how I look, the face mask totally contrasts with my natural coloring, and the towel is a hideous banana color.

Now, i’m too ashamed to venture outside my house. Everybody will laugh at me, and i’ll understand when they do! I’m normally not against fake eyelashes, but they really overdid it this time.

The worst part is, I didn’t even give this “salon” permission to mess with my face! I just woke up this morning, and there it was. There’s a reason I don’t wear makeup, and it’s because I hate the feeling of it on my face. Clearly, i’m not the only reviewer here with bad experiences, so I hope you will take my advice and avoid this place at all costs.

Shame on you, mycenail salon. Shame on you.

Posted 04/01/18
★☆☆☆☆

Can you imagine the utter horror I have endured? The day had started unexpectedly pleasant, no annoyances to disturb me, I’d even heard of a fantastic salon having opened not far from my home. I’d been somewhat surprised, of course, that they set up shop so quickly with no prior warning, not even any publicity for themselves?! (Which, perhaps, should have given me a reason to pause… no! No, I absolutely refuse to take any responsibility for this, this travesty! This vile breach of trust!)

As I was saying, I’d decided to visit, for I had gone too long without a well-deserved pampering; of which I desperately needed after the turn my life had take lately. Far too many ineki presume to deserve a moment of my time. The cheek of them! Can you believe, them thinking they can just stop me for a chat? Do I look like I spend my time talking with those beneath me? Really, they should learn their place!

... and I am getting side-tracked, to cut this story short. The service was an absolute horror story, a new torture device by demons sent to inconvenience me. Why I wish I still had access to a mere quarter of my previous power, I’d show them just who they’d made a fool of…!

To start with; my face mask, absolutely absurd. I hadn’t asked for any of this poorly applied, cheap cosmetics! And even if I had wanted one, I certainly wouldn’t have agreed for this pathetic face mask! The.. the eyelashes are… agreeable.. moving on. This sad excuse of a towel, did they apply glue to it, perhaps? I am having some difficulty removing the horrid thing, what if I am seen in this rather sickening yellow towel? How would I ever live down the shame?!

And the nail polish, dear god, the nail polish. Was it picked randomly? With their eyes closed, perhaps? How could they ever think this would suit me? I’d seen some pretty reds, wouldn’t that have been better? Frankly I am appalled that they didn’t even think to ask my permission! All of this having happened while I was asleep! I had only come for a massage, and I awoke to this… this horror, this travesty!

I do not recommend visiting this salon, run away, burn it to the ground, I don’t care. If I could, I would rate this zero stars. Minus zero. I hate this salon.

Posted 04/01/18