13:12 ST
[FORUM ACTIVITY] Welp Reviews
★★★★★

Absolutely dreadful service. Walked in and the lady at the reception counter asked “Hello, sir, what will it be today?” Obviously I replied with “spa treatment,” but disdainful nonetheless. Smiled whole time, never dropped any sense of politeness, the uniform they make them wear is hideous. Hideous! Sunny yellow aprons? Very, very last Spring.

Instructions unclear; told to wait in waiting room but found myself in the saunas instead. Nearly died of heatstroke, what kind of business are they trying to run. Was rescued by receptionist lady at the table, concern in her eyes. Yes, my body’s lack of a pulse is disconcerting. No, I don’t need it remarked upon. Hospital gurney did not match salon colors, failure to coordinate striking enough that it drew crowds of people.

Hospital staff nice enough. No unnecessary surgeries performed; released within the day. Was given stickers for good behavior. Would recommend to a friend.

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★★

So, just as a precursor: I’ve never been to a salon. Usually beauty salons don’t really cater to mermaids, but I’ve heard stories of people stepping into them on land and coming out relaxed and refreshed. Of course, when I heard that this salon had a water-accessible branch, I dove into the opportunity! Or, well, the staff sort of pulled me and everyone else into the place, but I wasn’t against going, so I didn’t mind.

They started out with the face mask. Living underwater, you’d think I know what feeling moisturized is like, but I had never felt something so cool and soothing until they slathered the mask around my face.

When they said the mascara and lipstick were waterproof, I couldn’t stop smiling! I didn’t even know that existed. I’ll have to see if there are any cosmetic stores that cater to sea-dwelling creatures after this.

And oh, the nails! They chose a shade that matched my pet and the pearls I wear. I asked them if they were psychic, and they just shrugged. But I think they’re definitely psychic.

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★★

This place is amazing! The staff is kind and friendly, albeit a little pushy at first. I told them to surprise me with a towel and nail color, and they chose colors that match my fur! The lady that did my pedicure was SUCH a gossip- and so easy to talk to. The price is also super agreeable- I was able to get a manipedi, a face mask, and a massage without breaking the bank! I will definitely be coming back here and recommending all my friends do the same!

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★★

Written by: Bumbersoot, For: Catalina

Hello! I can’t really tell if my makeover was done well myself, but Soot and Aran say it looks really great on me and my fur feels especially fluffy after the mask so I give it five stars! Extra thanks for giving my parents matching nails and almost matching mine as well!

BUMBERSOOT: Just one small problem, her lipstick appears to be slightly lopsided? If someone could please tell me how to fix this that would be appreciated, thanks!

Posted 04/01/18, edited 04/01/18
★★★★☆

I was taken care of almost immediately despite the salon being nearly full! The staff were very friendly and l had no trouble relaxing in such a warm, inviting place. The water in the footbath was nice and warm, and the chair even had a large hole at the back for tails! Just like my chairs at home, I suppose large tails are much more common than I thought. I choose a light blue nail polish to accent my scales and eyes- the color is perfect! And it looks much nicer than when I apply it myself~

I choose to opt out of the massage as I felt my small stature might be too much of an issue. Everything else was fantastic though! The only complaint I could give was the smells. I have a sensitive nose, the perfumes and nail polish were a bit too much for me. But I did like the scented candles, the lemon and pinegrass ones were my favorite~

Posted 04/01/18
★☆☆☆☆

First off, I just wanna say that everyone, no matter their occupation, deserves a little R n R. Even someone much like myself, sometimes even I need a break from pria… merchant-dealings. Upon receiving an invitation to this salon, free of charge, I figured “hey why not? It’s free!”

Well. Nothing is ever really free, is it?

I figured I’d try out the massage and face mask, and at first it was really relaxing. Cucumbers on the eyes, nice relaxing deep tissue massage, cept next thing you know, this towel they asked me to wrap around myself won’t come off. Face mask? I’m scared it’ll actually rip my face off. But then, once the cucumbers were removed, know what ELSE I discovered? THEY HAD PUT MAKEUP AND LASHES ON ME.

EXCUSE ME, MYCENAIL SALON! I am a DUDE, not a chick. I do NOT want lashes. I have no need for them. Lipstick? WHY!? And let’s not even get started on the “complementary manicure and pedicure” procedures. I’m never coming back. And you can forget about me giving you any GOOD reccommendations.

★★★★☆

Aurora here, a member of Valen’s crew. He may not have liked the complementary services you’ve offered to him, but I have had a much more pleasant experience. I love my nails, and I’m quite happy with this 24-hour deep cleansing mask. Also the towel you provided my during my stay is extremely soft.

However, in the future, I would love to see a small bowl of fruit or a smoothie or something added to the services you offer. A few fresh nibbles are always more than welcome. Thank you for this wonderful stay, Mycenail Salon. I look forward to my next stay with you ;)

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★☆

I was quite surprised when a new spa opened up in town and just had to rush over to check it out. Fortunately, it didn’t take long to get seen by an attendant at all despite the hype. The employees are very attentive! I had the most soothing massage in my life. Granted, I’ve never had a professional massage before! It was quite the experience. The attendants helped me select a package customized to my skin and fur type — they even had a cooling balm for my antlers. What a delight! Complementary tea and juices were offered while I waited my face mask to do its thing. First kaolin and seaweed to cleanse impurities and then a sheet mask to really seal in moisture and brighten my fur.

After being thoroughly pampered, they offered to do my makeup. I think I’ve finally found the red lipstick that matches me! And they had the cutest green nail polish which totally matched my coat. I’m so pleased with my look! It’s nice to dress up every now and then. The only reason I docked a star was because my partner had some troubles in the makeup department. I suppose they’re not used to bunnies in this part of the cave. Poor Vic had an unfortunate run-in with some ill-fitting lipstick, but otherwise she seems no worse for wear.

Overall, I would definitely recommend and I’m already planning on going again!

Posted 04/01/18
★★★★☆

Simply fascinating. Is this how the peasants live? How wonderful. I feel as if I’ve broadened my horizons, today.

Nelle told me to take the day off, but it’s been a while since I’ve had a day to myself. Between endless amounts of taxes and murder, there’s really not been much time for self care. Not that I’ve personally participated in the murdering or anything. I’ve got people my brother for that. But murder could wait, I supposed, so off I went.

It was not my intention to come here, and to be completely honest I’m not even sure how I got here (or what “here” is), but I’m not one to complain. Sometimes, it is good for a king to walk among the common people and learn their rituals. My observations of the strange commoner “spa ritual” is thus:

First, they smear dirt upon their faces. Not unlike how swine roll themselves in mud to cool off, perhaps it is for some similar purpose? I have been told that this dirt is “cleansing”. Is this why peasants are often referred to as “unwashed masses”? I had no idea it was a conscious decision rather than grit from a day of hard work. Is water was so scarce that people must resort to such desperate measures in order to cleanse themselves? How I could have missed such a detail is truly appalling. More attention to this matter is required.

I was then asked to lie down and was subjected to a gentle beating. They gave me a fascinating yellow garb for the occasion. As far as beatings go, I’ve had less pleasant ones. If the peasants truly wish to build character, they mustn’t be so afraid to hurt the other person. Once one has knocked their foe off-balance, they must be sure to debilitate their foe or risk retaliation when their enemy regains their footing. I fail to see the merit of such an exercise… unless, perhaps, it is for the person lying down to experience the hardships of life without consequence? A metaphor that sometimes one must pick themselves up after taking a beating and move on? Hmm. Maybe I can see the merit of such an activity after all.

Finally, they gave me a stick of rouge and some nail lacquer. They kindly applied it for me, as well. I suppose they did not trust me to apply it myself. It is a fair assumption — I can’t say I’ve given much thought to cosmetics, before. I’m not sure the rouge matches my complexion, but I will leave that to the experts to judge. The lacquer is bothersome but otherwise inoffensive. I wonder what Nelle thinks of the color? I’m not entirely sure how all this fits into the “spa ritual”, however. More research is required.

All in all, it has been a truly educational day. Nelle was right, of course she was. I should do this more often.

4/5 because there is always room for improvement and complacency breeds neglect. I expect my subjects to continue bettering themselves, for it is only together that we may build the foundations to a better future.

★★★★☆

Wow I feel so refreshed! As a traveller, I spend so much time dirty and sore, sleeping in unfamiliar places, using unfamiliar products. I’m one break out away from killing my traveling companions, which wouldn’t be hard, I’d only have to swap their food.

Not that I’ve thought about it.

So I was very excited to come across a spa specializing in multi-species pampering!! The staff was there was a dragon at the register?? very nice. They didn’t mind my cookie at all, even though I’m sure it made it hard to do my makeup. I wasn’t sure about that, since I usually don’t like intense makeup, but I dare say I looked very pretty, even if they did get lipstick all over my nosering. Perfectly understandable.

I’ve never had my nails done before, and they did a beautiful job, matching it to my tattoo, which sounds strange but looks very pretty! Really!

I can’t…I can’t seem to get this..uh. Mask? off. I’d really appreciate if someone could tell me how. I’m very very…well I’m masked. I’m sure I’ll look very nice once it comes off.

I’m sure if I wind up in this specific location and roughly this time period again I’ll repeat the experience. It was very educational.

Posted 04/01/18
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hello, my impression of this salon is generally good. But I’m a little shocked by my eyebrows and…face mask with lipstick. Is this how I have to wear a face mask? everything else was nice, even the color of the nails. Green suits the colour of my hair so I pleased him. But I look like a girl! I have nothing against but I would like some other procedure for the Mycenaeans male…(I’m confused)

Posted 04/01/18
★☆☆☆☆

Only one star, Rikur is really terrible at painting nails… Or maybe he’s really wonderful at it? Its kind of hard to tell. In either case he did a great job on my front paws, but on my back claws he somehow managed to paint the vicinity of my nails but not the nails themselves. I admit I am impressed at how the paint continues to hover on either side next to two of the nails on one back foot, but it was far from the look I wanted.

The massage was pretty good and the towel was extra fluffy so that was nice. But the facial mask gooped up my feathers and they smeared it all over my nares and that smelled weird. Then they put lipstick on my beak. I would not recommend if you’re not shaped like a typical mycenian, the employees seem to work primarily on autopilot. Though the floating make-up is kind of cool, it would be nice to know how they do that. It would be cool for Halloween.

★★★☆☆

I flew straight from the Space Void to the entrance of the cave after hearing talk of the new spa. There really isn’t a lot of luxury shops in common town areas, let alone during my mysterious, vacuous star surfing inside the cave, so I was very interested in what they provided. I bought the full treatment — manicure, clay mask, makeover, eyelashes, and massage — but it was average at best. I’ve seen my share of beauty products, and it seems the quality of them were mid market tier. The employees did their job according to any company standards, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. I received what I paid for, but there was nothing particularly revolutionary about the salon. I did tack on another half star rating to my original 2.5 rating because they didn’t make a fuss when my lightning bo staff ripped clear through the towel. It’s probably a bit comical to see an ineki lugging that weapon into a place for relaxation, anyway.

★★★★☆

I don’t often make it a point to visit the spa but when I found a free coupon for this new establishment I decided to take a gander. After persuading my friend, Astoria, to join me in the adventure we made our way to the Mycenail Salon.  The store front was pretty small, just an alcove that was partially hidden away by vines but inside was pretty clean and they had a fresh spring flowing in the corner. I looked around to see if there was any charts or price lists but it seems like you are just given what they decide and cannot make your own choice. (I left off a star for that in case you are a persnickety person like I am.)
Alget and Telga liked the spring and spent most of their time diving into the crystal clear water. Astoria especially liked the colour they picked out for her nails. I could have done with something less pink, but over all the service was quick, thorough, and relaxing. I came out of there feeling pampered and refreshed. I’m not sure if I’ll come back on my own, but is Astoria wishes to visit again I would be willing to accompany her.

Posted 04/01/18, edited 04/02/18
★☆☆☆☆

So first of all, I have no idea why I was talked into visiting this “salon” in the first place. Second of all, can someone please look at my face and tell me what’s going on with it? Because I’m still trying to process it myself. Look, I get it. I get a nice massage, my paws get cleaned up a bit and polished… I can handle these things. However, the second I’m dozing off from the combination of massage-induced relaxation and my own, uh, “relaxation” I partook in earlier, my face becomes a playground for someone’s idea of a makeover? If you ask me, I would not call this a makeover. I don’t even think I fully understand what exactly happened to my face. It’s a travesty, to say the least.

Now I’m gonna have to slink back home and hide myself from everyone. And before you ask, yes, I have tried washing it off with water and makeup remover. No, it’s not coming off. I just hope I’m not stuck like this for longer than a couple days. I would rate this place 0 stars, but the website wouldn’t let me submit a review without at least one star. So. Consider this a 0-star review.

@ everyone I live with, don’t you dare comment here or so much as giggle when you see me. I know where you sleep! >:|

★★★☆☆

I’ve long gotten used to the ladies who circle the court like incredibly boring, harmless sharks. They were entertaining for a while, but even I can only hear “the poor darling was raised in the ocean, of course she doesn’t have court manners!” and “my! another head? how grotesque!” so many times. To be quite honest, I would prefer a shark. Maybe I should ask Gwaine if I can keep one. Some humans keep dogs, right? It’s about the same.

But I digress. In summary, it was those ladies who mentioned some kind of commoner “spa” ... whatever that might be. Gwaine went there when he FINALLY took a day off, so when I passed by this “spa” by chance, I figured I might as well try it too.

My first impression was that there was something wrong with the humans working there. As soon as I walked in, they screamed and started shouting, and it was all very exciting but unnecessary. Apparently they had flown into a panic because I had a little blood on me - it wasn’t even that much, but they calmed down once I used my magic to remove it from my arms. And armor. And spear. And the bit I had on my face. Humans are such unpredictable creatures.

This “spa treatment” was confusing. The attendant was trembling the whole time. The girl must’ve been in poor health. Isn’t that odd, though, for an establishment meant for healing and wellness? In any case, the poor girl first put mud - or clay, or some sort of earth - on my face. To cleanse it, she said. I’m not quite sure how putting something on my face is supposed to make it cleaner, but maybe there is some sort of subtle magic to this.

What they called the “massage” was the best part of this experience. The girl explained very slowly to me that she would be touching my back and gave me a yellow wrapping to cover myself with - unnecessary, as I told her, if she needed access to my back, I would not be harmed by the strongest hit she was capable of. The girl’s complexion seemed paler, then. Maybe she is being overworked? Regardless, she explained in the same, slow manner that she was, actually, going to be hitting my back. It was kind of refreshing to take blows from such a frail human for a while. It brought the excitement of battle without the usual urge to strike back, as she was much too weak.

It was then that another girl finally relieved the attendant of her duties to let her lie down. I am no stranger to doing what you have to do in spite of illness or even wounds or missing limbs, but I expected a lower threshold for these girls that looked like they’d never so much as picked up a sword. This second girl was taller and looked to be in better health, though, and had me sit before her as she applied various colored items to my face and nails. The style is not unlike the ladies of the court, so I assume this is the human trend. The paints the girl has applied to me are tolerable, but I feel they will be washed away the moment I dive into the water. What’s the point of such a lengthy process for something that washes away so easily? I’m not sure. There’s probably some deeper meaning here that Gwaine could understand, but I can’t say I’m that interested in trying to figure it out.

An ... interesting day. I’ll give it to this “spa” that the experience was new and fairly exciting. The attendants were quite excitable, so I can’t say the experience was dull, but I wonder about that girl’s health.

3/5 for an experience that kept me interested, but was more confusing than anything. I wonder if it would have been better to come here with Gwaine?

Actually, there is no need to wonder. Everything is better with Gwaine, of course!

Posted 2 minutes ago
Edited 1 minute ago

Posted 04/02/18
★★★★★

Finally! A place to relax! I think I will certainly be coming back, as Ilvan seems to be repelled by all things salon-related. I dragged them there, kicking and spitting the first day, because Luper wanted us to “bond”. Needless to say… that went… badly. But I enjoyed the salon very much! My scales have never been more beautiful and shiny! The mask was very restorative! And I absolutely adore the nail polish, even if it is a bit… green. I would have gone for something a bit more teal, personally, but I trust the salon’s judgement. The name’s a bit off putting. Ilvan says it suits me, and I would have hit them had the “Minty Gremlin” not still been drying. I did, however, retort by saying that Ilvan’s suited them as well. “Violent violet”. It suits them so well. If I wasn’t absolutely anything but a gremlin, I’d say that the spa is almost too good at picking out nail polish for it’s customers.
In any case, Ilvan hates it, so…. 10/10 would come back.

Posted 04/02/18, edited 04/02/18
★☆☆☆☆

terrible! just terrible! i came here for a massage and a makeover and they made me look like a rodeo clown even more than i usually do. service was creepy, invasive, and made me think way too much about my own insecurities!!

★★★★☆

Replying to M. Degaine: Dear owners of the Mycenail Salon, I’m extremely sorry for this inaccurate and hasty review. My roommate got a hold of my phone and wrote this *while I was here*, enjoying the service I received. The people working here are very friendly, and the manicure came out very well! He was probably miffed I didn’t invite him along. Anyway, wonderful place, stunning service, definitely coming back- maybe with my phone on me this time.

Posted 04/02/18
★★☆☆☆

While the experience I had at the salon was absolutely amazing, the outcome left much to be desired. I requested a blood orange nail polish, and while the salon delivered, imagine my surprise when I go home to find the nail polish turn into a bright purple with a single wash! When I returned to the salon to ask for an explanation, they told me that it must have been my soap and refused to do anything to help me. They didn’t even offer an apology, which would have been the least they could do, seeing as they didn’t warn me of any possible chemical reactions with soap.

Of course, I am an alchemist and can easily solve this issue, that is beside the fact! The fact is that the salon gave me no warning that my nail polish could be affected by - simple, natural, scentless - soap.

On the other hand, my experience at the salon prior to the purple incident was amazing, and this is coming from someone very adverse to touch. It was my close acquaintance who urged me to go after she had gone herself - no one had batted an eye at her… largeness, and she had been very pleased by that. I myself was also pleased by how patient and kind everyone was while they were working on me.

Overall, I would not return, despite the amazing initial treatment. Would not recommend unless you are lonely and only looking for interaction and not a good nail polishing.

★☆☆☆☆

I do not recommend this place at all.

When I walked in, I was expecting a royal treatment. However, what I received was the exact opposite. The massage was rough and painful, and I am doubtful of the skill of the masseuse. The best thing I can say for it is that it was over quickly.
The towel I received was of a low thread count, and was rough and abrasive to the touch.

The facemask was obviously made with cheap materials and burned my skin horribly. My face is raw from where the mask was applied — which was incorrectly done, I might add, as it was far too close to my eyes for comfort. Makeup was forcefully applied, and again this was done badly, and with cheap materials, exacerbating the strain on my already damaged skin. I could not remove this makeup fast enough.

Furthermore, the manicure and pedicure were amateurish. The nails were not filed smoothly or evenly, and, in one case was worn to the quick. I cannot use that hand as that nail is in such pain. The colour chosen was garish and mismatched. Anyone with an eye for colour would know that green is not a suitable colour on me. The name of the nail polish was horrendous — Snotty Gremlin — and while I am aware that this is more the fault of the supplier than the spa, it should be noted that no institution worth their salt would use a product with a name that disgusts customers.

Do not visit this salon, as its materials are poor, and its staff is untrained.

Posted 04/02/18
★★★★☆

Yesterday I had the pleasure of looking after my two granddaughters for some quality “girl time” so, when I heard about the (free!!!) spa treatment being offered, I just knew that we had to check it out.

First of all, I must say that the spa staff were all very lovely. I had never actually been to a spa—and neither had my two precious granddaughters, Lala and Lillia—but the humans that were running it were very kind and understanding. They made sure to explain what exactly was included in the spa treatment and, even when Lillia was caught trying to pocket some of the items that were on display, they still continued to treat us warmly (although I did notice that their smiles were a little more strained after that).

The treatment itself was like nothing I had ever experienced. I am not unfamiliar with putting things on my face (in fact, it’s fairly common for the men and women of my clan to apply pastes made up of berries and clay to their faces in order to stand out among their clan-mates) but I was very surprised to learn that humans apparently do the same thing! There don’t appear to be as many colors to choose from and the design was a bit lacking, but I still appreciated it, and I think the girls did too! It reminded me of the days of my youth, where I would often come home a dirty mess from playing with the other children. I’m not sure if that’s what the staff were going for with the face painting, but it certainly made me feel sentimental.

Neither of my granddaughters were comfortable with getting back massages, so we decided to skip that and go right to having our nails painted. I decided to let one of the attendants pick a color for me because I didn’t have much of a preference (they made an excellent choice, I might add, as green is definitely my color), but the girls had a wonderful time picking out their colors. Lala picked out a purple because she thought it looked pretty and liked that it matched one of her dads, and Lillia specifically picked her color because she thought that its name was funny.

Ultimately, I would say that we had a far more enjoyable time than I was expecting, and I will absolutely make sure to let the rest of my family know so that they don’t miss out. My only complaint—and the reason I give this review a 4/5 instead of a perfect score—is that there was no free food offered. I know that this was already a free service being offered, but I really think that the spa could have benefited from giving out food to its guests. Thankfully, there was a place next door that was offering free ice cream samples, so not even the lack of free food was enough to take away from the overall experience!

Posted 04/02/18
★★★☆☆

I never thought of going to a Salon at all, I prefer working at my Cafeteria or taking care of my flower garden. But soon I realized all of my faithful customer were gone, in curiosity I tried to find out where they’ve gone…

They’re at the newly opened Salon…
Doing some treatments such as spa, nail manicure, and much more.

As curious as a cat I am, I entered the salon. To be honest the service was quite good. The staffs were friendly. The nail polish they applied on me was called “Pumpkin Peril” and I absolutely loves it, since it matches my fur, and tangerine is my favorite color. The only thing I don’t like from this place is the face mask and the bright red lipstick, I mean… seriously?! I’m all green and stuff! The Mycenians outside the salon… they’re all looking at me with a chuckle escaped from them! But the rest of the services are good, I’d like to give you 3 out of 5!

Posted 04/02/18
★☆☆☆☆
Thanks but no thanks

I don’t remember coming here. I just woke up in the middle of them attempting to rub cold, wet goop on my claws with a tiny brush. It felt really weird while they were doing it and it did not feel any better after. I suppose at least the color they choose somewhat matched my outfit, but… no, it was not worth the hassle.

More bothersome than the potential kidnapping though (I won’t make a certain accusation because I’ve definitely done some odd things when I wasn’t paying attention before), they covered my beautiful face with a “facial.” It smelled odd and the bit that they managed to get in my mouth did not taste good. It was stuck on my face for long after as well. I most certainly did not appreciate any of the treatment I did not ask for.

I would give 0 stars if that was an option. 0/5 would not recommend.

Posted 04/02/18
★★★★☆

wow!
i haven’t been to a spa in a really long time… okay, actually i havent been to a spa ever. most spas dont service people with wings and feathers and claws :( but this spa did! it was really nice, they do massages and baths but i didn’t do either of those, i just picked the manipedi package and the facial. the ladies who helped me were both really nice, one of them kept complimenting my wings. i let her keep a feather that fell out. [sakura flower emoji][sakura flower emoji][sakura flower emoji] the clay mask smelled really nice. i would have given it five stars but i really don’t like the color they picked out for my nails. its kind of an icky green… i wouldve liked lavender or pink better :( but everything else was very good!! id bring a friend here, maybe ill bring jasper some time… please let me pick the color for my nails next time!! thank you! [praying hands emoji]

★★★★★

Hello!

Yesterday I went to the Mycenail Salon with my friends. None of us had ever gone before, but Mont showed up at Ledore’s with free coupons so that was that, I guess. It did seem like an unusual present to give kids, but maybe the adults wanted us out of the way while they got ready for our picnic later that day—kittens and kitchens don’t always mix very well. Pip had to wash the dishes all by himself for a week after he knocked over and smashed Ledore’s special tea set while chasing Cristen. Mirri still makes fun of him for that.

...Sorry, I got distracted! Um, the spa. Or salon? I’m not sure which it is, really. But it was nice! Everyone was friendly and talked in quiet voices, and there was this interesting sort of music playing the whole time, the kind that makes you sleepy and has lots of birds and water noises in it. The hot towel over my face was weird at first, but then I kind of liked how warm it was. I didn’t like the green stuff they put on after as much—I like my Halloween mask better, and it doesn’t stick to my fur like clay. Getting my nails painted was a bit, um… not boring! Because the lady was so nice and working hard! But it was, um… I had to be still for a long time and not do anything. Which was okay! The color is nice but I think the name is confusing. Keira agrees that it doesn’t make sense to call a crime scene glamorous because crime is bad and there’s nothing pretty about that. Kiyo said that maybe a criminal named the color because then it makes sense why they think crime is pretty, but that’s weird too because why would a criminal give themselves away like that? Maybe they’re just not a very good one.

I think that’s all I have to say. Thank you Mycenail Salon, and thank you to anyone who reads my review! I hope it was helpful.

Posted 04/03/18, edited 04/03/18
★★★★★

When a salon appeared out of nowhere, I will admit I was hesitant at first, but, being a hairless cat in a dusty cave usually means my skin could used some extra TLC, so I decided to take the risk and head on into the brand new business, and boy am I glad I did! The face masks were out of this world, so much so that I paid the salon employees extra to use the mask all over my body! They said they don’t normally do it, but the customer service and flexibility was excellent and now i am moisturized head to toes with clean pores.

The masseuse was amazing, I was somewhat nervous to see the Bone Monster walk into the room, but they turned out t be a surprisingly firm, yet gentle masseuse. I was really impressed, I wonder where they learned their skills!!! They also had some really nice makeup on, it was a good look and really brought out their blue flaming eyes.

All in all, it was a great trip to the spa! And the staff even picked out a beautiful shade of pink for my nails. Would highly recommend and I’m eager to book my next appointment!

Posted 04/03/18

I’m loving these reviews!  GOOD READING. 8)

There are a few entries that are well below 150 words — remember, to receive the participation prize for your review, your entry needs to be at least 150 words! <3

Posted 04/03/18
★★★☆☆

While I can’t claim to be a salon connoisseur, they are a passion of mine. Everyone deserves to feel pampered and there is almost no better way than to get a nice massage and makeover! I came with that in mind and was relatively satisfied – hence the three-star rating.

The salon simply has to be given credit for its incredible products! The massage was one of the best I’ve had. I was worried the kelph who helped me might hurt me because what a size difference, but they applied the perfect amount of pressure!! The makeup lasted a full day without smudge, wear, or tear. Even the nail polish is high quality, incredibly smooth and resistant to scratches. (In fact, I’m a little worried it might not come off, which isn’t great since it is a bit of an odd color… a lot of them were, actually… ).

Unfortunately, not all the staff were as nice as the kelph who gave me my massage. The ineki who applied my face mask did so in a sloppy and rough fashion which did not mix well with my delicate skin and made the makeup sting when applied. I also felt incredibly pressured to try ALL the services despite the ridiculous prices!! But if you’re up for feeling a little harassed, I’d still suggest giving it a try!

- Zanna

Posted 04/03/18, edited 04/03/18
★★☆☆☆

This… Is a perfectly mediocre salon. You get what you pay for- which is not a lot. Considering that the manipedi, mask, lipstick and eyelashes were free, it was pretty okay… Is what I would say, but I’m pretty sure I saw people too ashamed to go out and hiding their faces in Sullie’s Closet.

Buuut, since that was probably a one-time thing, I’m going to roll over that and pretend that it never happened. The massages are pretty nice, although once in a while, you might be poked with a really sharp nail. Granted, that’s something that’s fairly unavoidable, but still.

The fake eyelashes and lipstick are pretty great, but after a day, they just get really weird and you end up having to remove them. The nails last about a week, which is what you’d expect, so salon, good for you, unwilling to rise above expectations. Clap clap.

Anywho, I only really wrote this review to inform others that the towels are super soft and fluffy and nice and if you talk to Carol she’ll give you a coupon for a free towel. So go storm Carol right now for those towels.

Posted 04/04/18
★★★☆☆

First and foremost let’s get this out of the way, when it comes to salons I have no idea what I’m talking about, none, never been in one in my life. Which would be how I ended up in this one, because Ada’s sister couldn’t go and I, apparently, am next down the list when she needs an outing buddy.
It was free, who am I to complain about that?

Anyway, so, there was this whole massage and relax thing, which was actually pretty great. Never thought I’d call myself a message type but hey, it was actually alright? Then there was the clay mask, which while no one can explain to me coherently why clay is good thing was fun, at least to smear on Ada, though my face feels great so I guess it worked. Then the nails, given the face the ineki that got stuck with Ada and I made mine were bad (I am sorry, I keep them cut but my job is hard on paws, things get split and broken) but they did a great job cleaning them all up and painting them, I wasn’t so sure about the blue but it looks alright. According to Ada I really can’t get any more loud color wise which… isn’t wrong so I guess the blue works? I like it, makes me feel fancy.
So all in all? I had a good time, three stars.

Posted 04/04/18
★★★★★

Absolutely lovely, yes, that is how I would describe my time in the salon. When I heard a salon had opened up and none other than by Rikur himself. To be a bit honest I was a tad worried to say the least. Rikur having a bit of a reputation, although I’m not one for gossip, but he tends to lean to what ever side has more coin. You didn’t hear that from me though, our little secret on this board. Hush hush and all that. But to my pleasant surprise the anxiety I had been consumed by was soon put to rest after I walked to the doors.

I often find it difficult to find people who appreciate me and know how to lavish me as I so rightfully deserve. Nor do I frequent those who understand what it takes to keep my fur as healthy as it is. That is until I came to this salon. After all being pampered is one of my all time favorite past times. The message was firm yet gentle, getting all those kinks out of my poor sore back. They took their time and made sure I was completely satisfied before moving on to the next step. The face mask was to die for, none of those harsh chemicals at all. Clearly they used all organic materials which of course is a must for the rating I’ve given. Same with the makeup, I have delicate fur after all which needs to be treated with all the tender love and care in the world. They certainly delivered in spades! Ten out of ten would recommend. I’ve found my new favorite spot to treat myself too whenever I’ve worked to hard. Though I will admit the prices are not for the faint of heart. Which is to be expected when Rikur is behind the wheel of any business. But if you have some spare nuggets to toss around, this spa is the only place to spend them

Hope to see all of you lovely Mycenian’s there, you all now where I’ll be spending my free time. <3

Posted 04/05/18