12:01 ST
[FORUM ACTIVITY] Welp Reviews
★★★★☆

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful day I had! So, many Mycenians know that I don’t live on land! I live in a grotto underwater! So, naturally, I spend a lot of my time in the water. So when I found out about this salon from one of my land-dwelling friends, I couldn’t resist checking it out. My claws get pretty ragged from digging in the mud looking for clams!

As soon as I entered, I was greeted with amazing service. The beautiful ineki immediately handed me a flute of sparkling grape juice and seated me in a luxuriously soft chair. When she saw my nails, she was a bit taken aback, and we both had a good chuckle about it. But she worked diligently to file an buff my nails to a brilliant and glossy sheen. She then painted them a beautiful shade of green (one of my favorite colors). She was friendly and talkative, too! I love a good conversation.

After that, she gave me a relaxing massage, all the while making sure the sparkling grape juice didn’t run out. She worked out all my sore spots like a true pro! I nearly fell asleep, it felt so nice! I passed on the makeover because it would wash off the moment I went back in the water, and I wouldn’t want her to waste her time on something that wouldn’t last very long, you know? And she was very understanding and didn’t push extra services on me that I didn’t want. I don’t like when businesses pressure you into buying things!

When I left, I felt like a new Ilya! It was quite expensive for a low income ineki like myself. So because of that, it’s four stars from me! I’d definitely go back again, if they lower their prices a smidge (if only they took pearls as payment, I have so many of those). That sparkling grape juice, though… So delicious. Probably my favorite part! 

Posted 04/06/18
★★★☆☆

My day at the spa was very relaxing, and the massage was lovely!  I came in all stressed over the cold and all the adventuring my friends have been doing, and left feeling warm and much better.  However, I tried and tried to explain that I wanted pink nail polish to match my pink accessories, and couldn’t get it. 

Listen, it went like this: first they said they would find something that matched, and brought out a totally wrong shade of red!  I said that was awful, and they tried again, but they next few bottles they brought out had dried up and gone empty, and then they said this shade of blue was at least complementary and I should consider wearing it more. 

Before I could tell them I’d rather have the red than the blue, they had already done half my nails.  I guess at least that’s efficient! 

Three out of five stars for effort but I doubt if I’ll come back. 

Posted 04/06/18
★★★★★

When I heard about the new salon opening, I thought it might be a nice idea to take my son with me to go check it out. We both appreciate luxury and a little bit of pampering, and it seemed like a good way to spend some time together. The first thing that I particularly appreciated about Mycenail Salon was that nobody seemed surprised or even blinked at my son’s gender or gender expression, which is unfortunately not always the case. It was something I deeply appreciated and commend the staff for.

In terms of the services themselves, I thought they were extremely enjoyable! Since it was the opening, there were a lot of clients, but the staff brought us drinks while we waited, and it actually didn’t take too long for them to be ready to take us. The mud mask was a little cold going on, but it wasn’t slippery or slimey, stayed in place well even when we turned our heads to talk to each other. When it was time for them to be removed, my skin felt incredibly smooth and soft. I only wish that they sold the mask like some salons sell hair products. I would have gladly bought quite a few of them! The other spa services were also nice. The makeovers were a lot of fun, although they didn’t have a wide variety of lipsticks. They were very skilled at trimming the lashes too, so that they were comfortable and fit the eye well. And during our manicures, they used a fantastic cream on our hands and cuticles. They also let me choose the color of my son’s nail polish, and I had a lot of fun with that. Mine didn’t come out quite the color I’d hoped, but it’s a neat color and I can’t really complain. All in all, I had a wonderful experience, the staff were friendly and very accommodating, and I would not hesitate to return here! Highly recommend.

Posted 04/07/18
★☆☆☆☆

I was surprised, when I heard about a salon opening in the Cave, but still went to check it out. It was a big mistake.

While the salon staff were very friendly and the massage was amazing, everything else sucked. The Detox Clay Mask™ was horrible, greenish and left me looking like an ogre. I couldn’t choose my nail polish and got some random color, that stylists thought “suited” me. I got “This Lemon is Too Fresh” color and I find it soooo unappealing, yellow or pink would suit my claws way better. :/ (Though my boyfriend had it worse, he got purple, HA!!!)

To add to all that, they stuck fake eyelashes to my face, for some weird reason? I didn’t ask for it! If you thought that is already awful, that’s not the end. Some beautician had a “great” idea of adding a lipstick. I think they never held a lipstick in their paw, as they smeared only my upper lip and… my chin. I look like I am wearing a fake red mustache and a goatee!

Overall, I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, who wants to look good. If you want to chat with stylists, then feel free to go to the Mycenail Salon, but remember to run away as soon as they’re done with the massage.

Adding my picture after the cosmetic treatment (don’t use it to blackmail me):

Posted 04/07/18
★★★★☆

I’m not really much of a nail polish Ineki—it’s so fussy to keep up, especially when you work with gears, and it chips off all the time. My neighbor told me I ought to give this place a try, though, and… Well. After the week I’ve had, I thought it’d be nice to go somewhere and not have to think for a little bit.

This is definitely not a place you go to think. But in a good way! Mostly. I could’ve done without the face mask, but the Mycenians who work there are so chatty and sweet, it’s hard to tell them no. They brought out all sorts of colors for me to look at, and let me tell you, the selection they have is not your usual. Minty Gremlin! Stressed Desserts! Like I said, I’m not really much of a nail polish Ineki, so I couldn’t say whether or not the quality of these polishes were very good, but the names are wonderful.

I chose Aggressive Caterwauling (not because it currently sums up my life, not at all). They were so careful painting my nails, and even though they got a little bit in my fur, I don’t mind. You can barely see it, and they did try, you know? I just wish the polish dried faster. I left with it still damp, and it’s gotten on some of my books, but I suppose that’s partly my fault.

Three stars for service, and one for the fun colors. I’ll have to thank my neighbor for directing me here!

Posted 04/07/18
★★★★★

When Mycenail Salon first opened, my first thought was Why? I saw so many Mycenians walking around with their faces covered in goop and lipstick that the aesthetician obviously hadn’t even tried to match to the individual - just the same old firetruck red for everyone. Now, don’t get me wrong, some people can pull it off! But, like, only some people. Mostly, I thought everyone the salon touched came out looking like clowns.

But! Then I noticed the nail polish. While they’d just slapped the same lipstick and unbecoming face mask and super fakey eyelashes on everyone, the mani-pedis they provided looked amazing. So many colors! Such attention to detail! Everyone I spoke to said that it was a completely paws-off process — that, kind of like paw reading, the staff just knew which of their unique, in-house colors would best suit their client.

So, of course, I had to check it out! I’m maybe not into that other girly stuff so much, but I love well done nail care. I just don’t have the patience to do my own; the polish just ends up smudged everywhere. So, because it was a package, I had to endure the mask and the lipstick and the eyelashes being glued to my face. When it was finally time for my nails to get did, Rikur chose this beautiful blue for me; said it called to him.

No lie, you guys, I almost cried on the spot. It reminded me so much of my brother! We got in a fight a little while back and we haven’t really talked since then… and I guess I’ve been thinking about him a lot lately. Me and Rikur talked about it while he was painting and it was just… so nice to have someone listen, you know?

So, overall I think the salon was kind of ‘eh.’ Other than the obvious best part, they had low quality products and a really small, untrained staff. It was worth it for the nail polish, though, which has held up really good! And the five stars is actually for the free therapist I found in Rikur for that twenty whatever minutes. Great job Rikur!! I definitely think this suits you way better than being a sleazy ol’ businessdras!

Posted 04/07/18
★★★★☆

I honestly wasn’t expecting much of an experience from this place but thought I’d give it a shot. I was a bit concerned with the reviews as it looked like they only had family or friends write up, but I wasn’t too disappointed with my experience. A girl needed some down time after the crazy exploration trip I went on just a few weeks back… please don’t ask why I thought it was a good idea at the time, still don’t even know what really transpired in that cave. Anyways, it was very relaxing not being drenched or covered in dirt for once. I am a very frequent customer of the one within my hometown so venturing outside to different salons is a bit new to me. I was welcomed with a “Beauty Face Mask” which did shine up my fur some. Even got my nails painted just to glam myself up a bit. The staff was very friendly and the establishment was obviously renovated for the salon. All-in-all, the salon is one of the nicer establishments within the cave, very clean, friendly staff, and a wide range of polish. My only complaint would be the mask… why did it have to have eyes and lip masks built into it?

Posted 04/07/18
★★★★★

When I got an invitation from the recently opened Mycenail Salon for a free beauty makeover, I was very sceptical, but I decided to give it a try. Could a free service provide a good treatment for my individual needs? Here we are and I was convinced otherwise! When I entered the salon, the super friendly staff members wrapped me in a fluffy towel and brushed my fur tenderly, then I got a relaxing massage, which refreshed my energy. Followed by a moisturizing clay mask, it did wonders to my dry facial skin. Then they did the makeup and I love my new pink eyelashes. I never had longer eyelashes! The staff member proceeded with a manicure and pedicure, saying they wanted to try a newly released nail polish, and some time later my nails glowed in an extraordinary neon green colour, at first I was shocked, but the staff member assured me that it´s the new hot trend and “all the rage” ...
Overall 5 stars, I can recommend the salon for a great service, nice staff members and the hottest fashion trends, “all the rage” ...

Posted 04/07/18, edited 04/07/18
★★★★☆

I have to admit, I’m really not one for things like spas or having my nails done really well… But I have to make an exception for Mycenail Salon! I was recommended to go by a friend and I really did enjoy myself. I guess the Salon doesn’t have many options yet as it’s so new, because the only thing I was offered was a spa massage, nail painting, and clay mask treatment. So I went for it! My back feels great after all those hours hunched over my sewing machine, and my fur feels wonderful from the mask and massage oils! I’m not too crazy about the nail process, though… I wasn’t actually asked what colors I liked or anything. The nail technician just took my paws while I was getting my clay mask done, and treated and painted them! But I guess they do look really nice.

The only thing I really had to mark down for was the decor. It looked like maybe the Salon was new or something, but everything from the furniture to the decor looked like it was from somewhere else. As though the Salon was opened in something of a hurry… The logos and decorations were tacked onto the walls and some of them were even falling down. It just seemed a little sketchy. I also didn’t like how… Pushy? The entire process was. Like I said, I didn’t even get to choose the color they did my nails! But overall I’m glad with what was chosen anyway because it does compliment my coat very well. All in all, I would definitely recommend them because the clay mask and spa treatments were actually pretty nice! And even though I didn’t get to choose my nails they are still done very well. They just need to work on their professionalism a little.

★★★★★

What a wonderful experience! Where I come from there is nothing quite like this, where everyone gets to be given this kind of special treatment! The shade they added onto my nails is simply lovely, not my usual color, but I’m sure I’ll find a nice outfit to go with Saturated Swamp Swill. After the manicure we stayed for the massage and face mask! It seems strange to put weirdly colored mud on your face, but it was kind of refreshing and I’ve surely seen weirder things out there before.

Bey loved it too! She only incapacitated one of the massage workers, but they said it was ok. And I though that Productive Procrastination was really her color! Although she keeps insisting it was a terrible and unnecessary experience, I really think she liked it. The other day I caught her admiring the lovely polish job when she thought I was away, she just won’t admit it! <3

-Hoski

Posted 04/07/18
★★★★★

I got sent here today with two of my dearest friends and it was a bit overwhelming because I don’t really remember why we were going but it was a good experience! The staff was very very kind to me when I explained that I didn’t know how to order anything or what anything did. They guided me through each of their services and were just so nice about it. I think I would just get confused if I woke up the next morning and saw how strange I looked, so they talked me into a massage and fur groom as well as a little bit of color on my nails.

Now my fur looks very shiny and smooth. They even put a little bit of this oil on it to make it come out even better than I could even imagine! I know that this is their job and they do this every day, but they were really nice to me, which is why I had to leave this review. This day was unforgettable. I like to think I would look at this review some time in the future and have to come back again, just to see what made me so happy then.

Posted 04/07/18
★★★★☆

Oh, what a wonderful experience it was to be pampered and beautified, especially after a long day under the glowlights. The complementary towels came pre-heated, and were just the thing after a relaxing massage and footbath. Whatever scent they added to the water, it was truly divine. I could have floated off to sleep, there and then! Although, admittedly, some of the ingredients for the facial smelled a little too scrumptious. Perhaps it would have been best to visit in the late evening, after dinner, instead of beforehand. But then, going out without feeling so refreshed wouldn’t have been nearly as nice. Despite the place being very busy, the staff were extremely organized, and I was seen to promptly - and not even because I’m a star! Usually, this sort of treatment costs an arm and a tail, but it seems they were expecting a crowd and where exceptionally prepared. You only find this sort of professionalism in really classy places, so I was very pleasantly surprised.

As for the nails, I have almost no complaints at all. The coating was flawless, very evenly done and dried very quickly. If only they’d had a bit more experience in design, I’m sure I’d have called it a five-star experience. They picked a lovely shade of blue - but unfortunately, it just wasn’t quite right. A little too cyan for my tastes, and perhaps too safe a choice despite the ominous name - Toothpaste Terror II: The Terroring doesn’t sound very professional, now does it? Though, I must admit, nail polishes do usually come with… interesting labels, this one just didn’t suit someone of my, ahem, elegant appearance. Surely, they could see the shade was just not deep enough of a blue to complement the rest of my attire. Perhaps they ran out of the perfect shade? They would be a shame, but I suppose it was extremely busy. Still, with a little more thought put into color choice, I’d certainly look forward to visiting again.

Posted 04/07/18
★☆☆☆☆

What the hell is this place?!

I remember going to sleep and when I woke up I found myself in this weird ass place! And what more, I had a towel around me and all this… stuff on my face and my nails! They ruined my sharp battle nails! The horror of it all! I was able to get the gunk off my face, but was informed that the stuff on my nails is not coming off any time soon! Multiple companions of mine even informed me that it might be permanent! Now I have to wear gloves to cover up this stuff! I will never live down this shame!

This is some shady practice. I don’t know how I ended up there and why I got the treatment I did, but mark my words, you will hear back from me. You have not seen the last of me! I will find out who was behind this atrocity.

★★★★★

To whom it may concern. You know who you are. ;)

Thank you for accepting our strange request and putting yourselves through that! You went above and beyond our request and created quite a colorful display for our dear, dear friend. A+++++ for service and willingness to fulfill special orders. ;)

Posted 04/07/18
★★☆☆☆
How dare they. I’m still reeling. I’m not even sure if I should dignify this Salon with my presence again. All I wanted was a massage. Work had been killing me and this place came highly recommended. What I got was completely the opposite of a “relaxing” time. First, I will get the good out of the way. The staff was very attentive and polite when I walked in, the wait wasn’t long and the pamper seemed to put me in high spirits. When it became time for me to come into the back, it was clean, warm and welcoming. An essence wafted through the room but I couldn’t pin point it. I was given direction and sat myself ready to be taken away. Taken away I was. I got so comfortable I feel asleep! That’s when things took a turn for the worse. When my time was up, I was politely woken. When I stood, something caught my eye.My nails were horrendously adorned with PINK nail polish. How Dare they. I didn’t ask for this. They didn’t make it clear that it was part of a package. All I was given was a meek apology and told it will take a week for the nail polish to wear off! I CAN’T GO HOME LIKE THIS. Do you know what they will do to me? The mockery I will endure! A Travesty! Needless to say, I don’t think I will be back here again nor will I recommend this place to others! Now to go find my “friend” who suggested it….I have some nails…I mean words to give them.
★★★★☆

The second I walked into the salon, I just knew I was in for a truly special treat! As far as atmosphere goes, the place was clean, organised, and calm. I was immediately greeted by the owner and led to a plush armchair, and asked if I would like a complementary beverage. I declined (I… don’t really eat or drink these days), but it was clearly a comfort for other patrons. Gentle, relaxing music played in the background, adding to the relaxing feel to the salon.

The owner was friendly, if a tad stiff. He seemed to be waiting for someone to ask about his gem exchange business. I wanted to ask why the sudden change in business but given his body language, decided against it. He never seemed bothered by my… unsavory condition, insisting he had worked with all types of skin and nails, and mumbled something along the lines of “At least you’re not covered in slime…” His work was wonderfully done, and by the time my session was over, I felt like a new me! Plus, he even picked out a nail color that matched my sword’s hilt!

Costs were very low for the quality, and the over all experience was fantastic! The only reason I’m not giving this place five stars is that he wasn’t very talkative. Friendly, but kept his answers very brief and seemed to almost dodge conversations that strayed from the salon. Would absolutely recommend this place, and will be coming back!

Posted 04/07/18
★★★★☆

This salon was quite a pleasant surprise! I walked in, completely ignorant of what possible business a salon could be and before I knew it, I had been escorted into a small, cozy room lite by scented candles and urged to lay down on the softest bed I’ve ever felt. The masseus was so friendly, but seemed to immediately understand that I wasn’t one for chatter and instead, had some soft music playing as she kneaded all the knots out of my back. I felt like dough left to proof in the end, but it was such a lovely feeling!

They finished my session with a some grooming and primping, which I didn’t even realize I had needed! No more split ends in my fur, thank goodness. The hair stylist even had a good recommendation for conditioner in my budget.

The only reason I didn’t give them five stars was the fact that the make up was not long lasting at all. In fact, it started to run the moment I walked through some cave mist!

Posted 04/07/18
★★★☆☆

I had heard all the hype of this new place and decided that, well I’ve never gone for an entire beauty make over. So why not? The first impression I got was that, the staff were not only extremely busy but, also very bubbly. I’d asked myself at that point, what was I getting into. I was offered a robe, which was nice and soft, and asked to go change before they were going to give me a make over. I was told that they didn’t want to get anything on my clothing. Which is considerate.

After changing, I was lead into a nice quiet room, clean and well organized. Asked to lay down on their facial bed as a female Ineki came into the room, and began washing my face. This was nice. Including the warm towel to help open my pores! I was even given a mini message on my face. She then told me, that another lady would be coming in to do the make up. When this Ineki came in, she asked me to slowly get up (lol, if I could have I would have laid there all day.)
This Ineki had a bite to her. As in she was very curt with me. And rough as she applied the make up. I tried to make light conversation but, she was very short in her answers. Over all, I just sat there, she didn’t ask what colors I tended to like or anything. When she finished she told me I was all done and I could go and change. I was not offered a mirror to see myself till I went to change and was, shocked in horror at the way I looked but, decided to wear it and see what other’s thought of my new look. If I go back again, I’ll make sure I don’t get the same make up artist!

Posted 04/07/18
★★★★★

I’ve never been to anything like this. It’s really not my thing, so I was pretty uncomfortable. But! Everyone at Mycenail Salon was soooo super nice and inviting! The girl at the front desk was so nice like, omg, you need to give her a raise but I forget her name, crap. I was still a little anxious, but about 30 seconds into the massage I was dead. Uh, I mean like in a good way! Like dead relaxed. There was this really soothing music in the massage room- like Enya or something? I never got a massage before, so I can’t really compare it to anything, but wow- it was really amazing! Um, is this too long? I never left a review before either, aaah. Well, real quick I have to add that getting my nails painted was weirdly fun? I didn’t think I’d like someone touching my paws so much, but they also gave a hand massage at one point. Uh, I think I really like massages or something? Anyway! I wasn’t sure I even wanted to go at first, but then I didn’t want to leave, so I’d say that’s a five star rating. Thanks guys! You rock!

Posted 04/07/18