06:27 ST
[FORUM ACTIVITY] Rikur's Garden of Nails
Rikur’s Garden of Nails

You walk to the Cave Exchange with a heavy sack of nuggets.  You’re looking forward to exchanging them for gems; carrying a load of nuggets around makes your arms ache.

You push open the door.  Immediately, you’re hit with the sharp smell of acetone.  The familiar sight of Rikur sleeping behind his sleek wooden counter is gone.  The counter has been replaced with shelves of nail polish and plush massage chairs with steaming tubs of water at their base.  Rikur is leaning carefully over a fox ineki’s foot with a bottle of nail polish in hand and a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover.  The ineki wears a look of exasperation.

“Rikur, what in Cave’s name are you doing?” you exclaim.

Rikur jumps up, looking relieved at the interruption.  He smiles smoothly and and bows. “Welcome to my Garden of Nails!  Rikur at your service.  What may I do for you?”

“Seriously?” You heft your bag of nuggets in response.  “I need to exchange these for gems!”

“Exchange wasn’t a sustainable business practice.. I wasn’t making any commission! Nail art, however, that’s the way to make a living!  Everyone is always needing their nails to be re-painted and nail polish is relatively inexpensive.  There are big profits to be made, you see, and always a demand.  In fact, I’ll take those nuggets off your paws.  By the looks of it, that’ll get you at least five pedicures.  Sit back and relax in one of my state of the art Vixen Massage Chairs™.”

He tilts an eyebrow at you, setting down his tools and holding up his own blue-speckled claws for you to admire. “Painting ones nails opens up whole new wardrobe possibilities.  I do think I look rather dashing in blue.  Try it!  First mani and pedi i is on me.” He winks and gestures to the chair.

Instructions:

How nice of Rikur to paint your nails!  You really will need a new outfit to go with this… interesting… new color.

1. Design an outfit to go with the color of your pet’s nails
    • You may do this in a number of different ways (your choice):
      • Design an outfit using the magic puddle.
      • Design an outfit using items you already have in your inventory.
      • Design an outfit by editing original items/modifications to your pet using any media/art program.
    • If using the magic puddle, you will need to edit the nail color on since the puddle won’t be able to display the nail color.
    • If using the magic puddle or making an original design, remember that you will need to save the image and upload it to an image uploading site (like imgur).
  2. Post your design(s) here!  If you make multiple designs, utilize the same post.
Entry Guidelines

The design should be centered around the nails.  That means you should take the nail color into account somehow (e.g. pick items that are the same color, compliment the color, are the opposite on the color wheel, etc.).

Deadline

This activity is open until 23:59 Server Time April 7th.

Participation & Prize:
  • Designing one outfit will earn you the participation prize, Drifty Nail Polish, for this activity.  You may design more than one for fun, but will not gain extra prizes.
Examples:

Midnight Magician designed in the Magic puddle | Magic Unicorn originally designed

Useful Links:
Posted 04/01/18, edited 04/01/18

Whoo Tammy is having a hell of a time being Instagram famous ::D

Posted 04/01/18

:3

Posted 04/01/18

LOOK OUT BOYS I’M COMIN’ THROUGH.

Posted 04/01/18

Ac-cent-tchu-ate the positive~~~! C;

Posted 04/01/18
Posted 04/01/18

Side note, this was also my customization idea for my sprout!<3

Posted 04/01/18

Perfection

Posted 04/01/18
Before

After

Today, it’s pink all the way!

Posted 04/01/18
Zhjip’s Makeover Day:
“The best things to wear are friends!”

With Just the Nails:

Posted 04/01/18, edited 04/02/18

Is my colour not perfect!? Joyous Jello is exactly what I would have chosen, and to celebrate I’ve added a couple of coordinating items — the crystals really bring out that hint of teal in my nails!

Posted 04/01/18

A bit of mystery for Blue :3

Posted 04/01/18

“Just desserts”? Well then of course I would have to go to the cafe. This color works surprisingly well with my coat. I feel like Autumn has come again!

Posted 04/01/18

Just desserts 8)

Posted 04/01/18

Kian is wearing Fresh Lemon!

Posted 04/01/18

i got really lucky with megalore here getting a shade that already matches with her usual ensemble. she’s wearing toothpaste terror II: the terroring!

Posted 04/01/18

Audrey is wearing Aggressive Caterwauling!

Posted 04/01/18

Ruksane is wearing Demure Blueberry!

Posted 04/01/18

“Why…”

Cedric is wearing Aggressive Caterwauling, which suits his personality. Sadly, he seems to not be too fond of the event.

Aspen is wearing Minty Gremlin

Aspen just turned into a female Ineki! Look how pretty he is~!

Posted 04/01/18

Idris Elba got the shade ‘Pumpkin Peril.’ It inspired him to go make some pumpkin cupcakes! He even got a ribbon at the county fair for his recipe. Sadly, all the pumpkins know that he is a menace coming to chop them up and make them into delicious food. You can see from their expressions that they are quite alarmed.

Posted 04/01/18

Everything about this event hurts. Theo is wearing Productive Procrastination.

Shadow’s nails match his aesthetic™️

And Kallias feels so natural.~

Posted 04/01/18

OregonCoast

Patti wanted to glitz me up even further and take a pic “for posterity”  I think she means blackmail….

Posted 04/01/18

Day at the spa? Castel feels faaaabuulooouuusss!

Posted 04/01/18

Does it count if the pet already matches their new nail color?

She is a nervous sad wreck with a cakey mask so I think this color suits her.

Posted 04/01/18

Was gonna wait for things to wear off, but Itri wouldn’t be the same without his towel and makeup! Since he was already treating himself with some Toothpaste Terror 2: The Terroring, he helped himself to a tiara and leg warmers, too. I might leave them on after this XD

Hokulani, sporting Stressed Desserts, is unhappy that her lovely magenta drift has been reduced to a pitiful pink, so she decided to try and make herself feel better. I think it’s working XD

Scirae is wearing Glamorous Crime Scene, a bright reddish-pink that actually matches her eyes fantastically. Unfortunately, it doesn’t match much else… But still, she’s the cutest definitely-not-a-serial-killer you’re ever seen, right? What’s the scythe for? Uh…For…accessorizing! Gotta have that spooky look on point, right?

Bertrandite’s a bit new to this whole ‘planning an outfit’ thing, normally he doesn’t do much. This time though, he’s feeling a bit inspired. Decked out in Toothpaste Terror II: The Terroring, he went all-in on the accessories, not so much the actual outfit. Still, he’s trying.

Posted 04/01/18
Posted 04/01/18

This little witchy girl is taking a break from spells to enjoy her freshly painted nails and drink some warm milk.

Posted 04/01/18