08:15 ST
[FORUM ACTIVITY] Carol's Colorful Creations
Carol’s Colorful Creations

You stomp over to the bank with your heavy load of nuggets, muttering to yourself.  Rikur is no longer exchanging nuggets for gems.  Apparently he thinks that the nail painting business will be more fruitful.  Given the odd color of everyone’s nails, you’re doubtful.  Perhaps Carol, the banker, will exchange them.  At the very least you can store your nuggets there until Rikur comes to his senses.

The bank’s door rattles the friendly-sounding chimes as you enter.

“Oh great. You too?”  You groan, looking at the sight before you: the tidy, monochromatic bank with its obsidian floors, imposing granite pillars, and marble desks are ruined with blotches of color.  It looks more like Potions Master with various vials, beakers, and test tubes littering the desks where stacks of paper once lived.

Carol looks up from their desk, giving you a tired smile.  “Rikur came to me the other day to enlist my help in creating some new nail polish colors for his shop.  I told him I didn’t have time; running the bank is a full-time business.  He is a persuasive fellow though and, in the end, I caved.”

“I… see.” And here you had been hoping that Carol took up Rikur’s exchange duties.  “I just came here to deposit some nuggets.  Are you still partially functioning as a bank?”

Carol stands up and stretches, wiping their paws on their fur, streaking it with color.  They take your nuggets.

“Yes; I’ll go and put these in your account and catch up on a few other things.  Would you try your hand at creating a new nail polish color?  Rikur is very demanding—I’m already missing the days of being my own boss!”

Instructions:

You look at all the test tubes filled with colors and materials.  The possibilities are endless!

1. Color the nail polish bottle and name the color!
    • Use the template or the outline provided below.
    • Utilize any media or art program to color the bottle.
    • Names should be kept to 20 characters or fewer.  Character count does not include “nail polish” (e.g. Starry Night Nail Polish would be 12 characters).
  2. Post your design(s) here!  If you make multiple designs, please use the same post and indicate which entry you’d like us to use if you are selected.
Entry Guidelines
  • Keep in mind that Mycenian nails are quite small.  You are free to make any sorts of designs in the polish as you want, but details will likely be lost on most nails if your entry gets chosen.
  • If you want to do this for the participation prize and would not like us to potentially select your entry for a shop item, please indicate so in your post (e.g. “This entry is for the participation prize only”).
Deadline

This activity is open until 23:59 Server Time April 7th.

Participation & Prize:
  • Coloring one bottle will earn you one ticket.  You may earn up to three tickets (keep your entries to one post).  You are free to design more than three bottles, but doing so will not earn you more raffle tickets.
  • We will be randomly selecting 5 tickets belonging to 5 unique players to make into actual site nail polish items which will go for sale in our shops.  You will get a copy of the item if yours is selected.
  • Coloring one bottle will earn you the participation prize, Drifty Nail Polish, for this activity.  You may design more than one for fun or for the raffle, but you will not gain extra participation prizes for doing so.
Example:

Watermelon Nail Polish

Files:

PSD | Outline

Useful Links:
Posted 04/01/18, edited 04/01/18
Bubblegum Love Nail Polish

Crystal Clear Nail Polish
Raffle Entry

Prismatic Nail Polish

Sparkling Purrple [sic] Nail Polish

Posted 04/01/18

Lascivious Nail Polish

Ocean Mist Nail Polish

All That Glitters Nail Polish
raffle entry

Pastel Terracotta Nail Polish

Posted 04/01/18

Not entering any of these in the raffle! Just want the participation prize; also they’re super fun!

Definitely Nail Polish

Glamorous Nautilus

Your Nails Were Void

Tropical Sunset

Stormy Weather

idk about which for raffle yet

Posted 04/01/18, edited 04/03/18

light through yonder nail polish (which would have gold cap lines if I could figure out htf to do that, and I think I’m at the character count? <w<?)
shining knight nail polish
Constellation Nail Polish (which would be my choice of the three, also…I think I sort of got the color change to work though I’m still not sure what I’m doing ahhhh)

Deepest Darkness | Delinquent (Raffle Entry) | Shimmering Blue

Citrus Sunrise

Posted 04/01/18

The Galaxy                           Bleeding Ocean

Posted 04/01/18

Inky Depths

(Just for the participation prize~)

Shoft Fall
Posted 04/01/18

Crimson Sea                     Oasis                   Before Storm

-Raffle Oasis

Posted 04/01/18, edited 04/06/18

Queen Bee(raffle choice) - Blood Moon

Posted 04/01/18
sumptuous sunset nyail polish pastel goth
( raffle entry )

Dawn Glamour

Posted 04/01/18

OregonCoast

Smoreos Nail Polish

Posted 04/01/18

Wayward Spirit’s Nail Polish

Posted 04/01/18

Midnight Nails

Ocean Nails

Pastel Confetti Nails

Posted 04/01/18

Universe Nail Polish, and Sunny Day Polish.

And finally, this one is inspired off my phones background image!

I Just Really Want A Black Nail Polish But Thought That Would Be Too Plain And Get Me Yelled At For Laziness So There’s Some Glitter In It Too (or rather: Sleek Black)

Ember Polish

Posted 04/01/18

100% real dogs!! At a real deal!! 50% off!! You won’t find a deal like this anywhere else!! A dog for every nail, guaranteed! Warning: May cause furry…

Lava nail polish! A delightful orange tinge! Be entranced by the beauty! Be in awe of the burn, the heat, the life of this colour! Warning: May cause nails to burn off, may cause hand to burn off, may cause death. But you would look FABULOUS.

Now introducing, nail nail polish! Have you ever been bored by your nails? Well, look no further! We have every kind of nail for your ever nail need! Note: We would like to address the rumours of the random and completely unrelated nail theft, we have had nothing to do with it, that is all.

I see you are a discerning customer! Able to see through the commonality of our previous items, well, do I have a polish just for you! The Invisibility nail polish! Haven’t you ever wanted to be invisible? To see how people react when you’re not around? Look no further than this nail polish of invisibility! At just 9142291992125 nuggets, this item could be yours! Warning: we have heard talk that this could just cause your nails to become invisible, never fear; we don’t do refunds. Sorry.
[Raffle entry! (More out of a which of these would work AH PICK RANDOM ONE than anything :‘D)]

Sea Foam Depths Nail Polish

Posted 04/01/18, edited 04/07/18

Wine Red Nail Polish
Honestly just made this because it would look great on my Blood in the Water.

Galactic Flames!

(think of the blue part as the pattern on the “starlight” oots coat or something like this:

Posted 04/01/18
Pool Party Nail Polish

How The Stars Shine Nail Polish
raffle

Posted 04/01/18
Aurora Nights
Posted 04/01/18