04:53 ST
[EVENT] Marcy's Harvest Festival (Oct. 31st - Nov. 9th)

...so I did some math and it seems that we’ll need to defeat over 30,000 ‘crows.

we can do it guys ;m;

Posted 10/31/15

I love this event! Random trivia questions are so fun. I haven’t got any loot yet but hoping. I was watching batman begins last night just as this event started, evil scarecrows everywhere! If the retreat button is for if you get a question you don’t want to answer, why does it appear only before you know the question? Also it would be nice to know how many scholar crows you defeated individually, as well as how far you are from the next rank, if that is possible.
[@Queen Elsa] did you really get that question? I suppose Dr. Crow would say it is him but it is probably glitch, especially considering he codes Dr. Crow and the Bone Monster.
Do the scholarcrows still scare crows, and do scarecrows scare Crow?

Posted 10/31/15, edited 10/31/15

PyroLuna

The answer was not glitch, actually |8
Posted 10/31/15

PyroLuna Although you won’t know the specific question until you enter a battle, you can know what category an incoming question is from by looking at the attacking scholarcrow’s hat, e.g. ‘crows with letters on their hat will ask word scramble questions! :)

Edit: Examples! In addition to the icons on their hats, they’re also different colors!

I just defeated scarecrow #2300 :D. I haven’t gotten any bags yet, but I’m crossing my fingers! owo
Posted 10/31/15
I have gotten one bag and it had an Oswald in it so YAY! I was really happy about it. My last three scarecrows were Evil, Evil and a Nefarious. I will pay more attention to the color and the hats now. The nefarious asked me a math question and the two evils were trivia questions.
Posted 10/31/15
If we change our avatar pet does that reset our rank?
Posted 10/31/15
Jacq - I changed my avatar pet earlier and my rank wasn’t reset or anything. :)
Posted 10/31/15
...so I did some math and it seems that we’ll need to defeat over 30,000 ‘crows.Paladin

I have to say, your math sounds good to me

Posted 10/31/15

Kiwi Good to know, thank you!

I’m still a pile of hay ;-; anyways

Posted 10/31/15
Is anyone not a pile of hay?
Posted 10/31/15

First person to move out of pile of hay be like

Posted 10/31/15
So I noticed that every time I’m on the scarecrow fight page, if I occasionally refresh it, the time I have to wait changes?  Is that normal?  Or some kind of bug with the timer counting?  For example, if it shows 8m 34s, if I refresh, it might go down to 7m 10s.  It’s like it isn’t counting properly down…?
Posted 10/31/15
Kiwi would have to have moved out of that rank already to know it hadn’t changed when she switched avatars, right?
Posted 10/31/15

No, I’m still at the Pile of Hay as well. But there was a newbie/unranked or what not before the Pile of Hay rank and I didn’t get booted back to it when I changed my avatar pet. :)
That and since your rank = your progress = your prize at the end of the event, I doubt they’d have you reset if you changed your avatar pet since that wouldn’t exactly be fair.

Posted 10/31/15

What is the next rank? Kiwi
frieza I like it! Am also glad that the % was wrong when I did my math! 30k is much better!

I got an evil scarecrow again with a trivia question.

Posted 10/31/15

Never fear all, changing your active pet will not reset your rank. :) So battle with whoever is feeling up to fighting!

And hmm [@Frey] some folks seem to be experiencing a bit of lag with the timer… I wonder if this is related to connection or…? An occasional refresh to be on the safe side might be best. I’ve only had a minor lag on a few of my tests so far but I’ll keep an eye out!

Posted 10/31/15
Well. I just realized that Alice bas been fighting off Scholarcrows all by herself. Bad Alice, you’re only 5. Let the grown-ups take care of this.
Posted 10/31/15

Yeah, my poor Gaius isn’t much of a fighter, maybe I should switch him out…  Poor guy didn’t ask for this nonsense!

edit: there, that’s much more fitting :3 but ugh nash is so naked she needs an avvie background

EDIT2: omg tyyyyyy Dove

Arintol If it makes you feel better, my battler is a tiny hamster! :D;
Posted 10/31/15

I really hope Crow is using Howard because… Crow vs Scarecrow would be fantastic. :l

Hawkins MY PLEASUREEE omg I knew that would be pretty all the pretty colors yes 8)

Eluii
Ah, but a hamster can eat all the straw. The scholarcrows’ will never see it coming. The best fighter of all. *v*
Whereas I have mute 5 year old can probably only kill with cuteness and magic doodles. uvu

Posted 10/31/15

Eluii
An adorably tiny hamster though. There’s no way the scarecrows can hurt something so cute!

Meanwhile my fighter’s only actual weapon is magic lights. So welp.

Posted 10/31/15
I like…suck at this… Are there secret pity points given for wrong answers? Like, at least I’m here every 30 mins?
Posted 10/31/15
A quick note regarding timers

This has come up a couple times in threads and echos to me, so I thought a big post about it might be helpful: the event timer work by having your browser count seconds (the clock and other event timers on MC work the same way). If you’re on mobile and you open another app / tab, or if your computer goes to sleep / hibernates, the timer in your browser will pause because your browser can’t count while it’s suspended.

So if you’re on mobile or if your computer goes into suspend / hibernation mode, your best bet is to refresh the page when you come back :)

Are there secret pity points given for wrong answers?

If we confirmed, then they wouldn’t be very secret ;)

I got that guy this time. He was titled as Mean and he give the tiny piece of a pic to find.

Posted 10/31/15
nvm
Wooo I am a Pile of Hay no longer, now I’m a Straw Soldier! :D
Posted 10/31/15
Congrats, Gorwen!
Posted 10/31/15

Gorwen
About how many hours/questions would you estimate that you’ve done over the course of the event?

/curious how far off I am to rank up