22:01 ST
[EVENT] Marcy's Harvest Festival (Oct. 31st - Nov. 9th)

*gets out the flamethrower*

*edit - sorry Marcy. But it’s the fastest way to get rid of soulless strawfilled evil

Posted 10/31/15, edited 10/31/15
glitch I actually had thought it was an espirita, I just… Didn’t think to copy paste. Things to remember for next time.

@amaterasu
oh…i see, without context it didnt make sense. my first challenge thingy was a blurry image and my timer hasnt run out for the next one so i havent seen any math problems or what they would entail. why is there an anti copy pasting measure, incidentally? if someone is going to copy their answer from a calculator wouldn’t they just do it manually to get around that?
also i hope these math problems are like, grade school level because i am not intelligent enough to solve math problems. seriously, i dropped out of college because i couldn’t pass my math classes and i barely passed them in high school.

(also i was not trying to ping anyone im just putting who my comment is directed at. the pings are a little too much for me because i am looking at the thread already)

Posted 10/31/15

I got something first try? <:

Posted 10/31/15

I’m crying, it’s a blurry image and I know nothing of items ;;
being on mobile sucks…

Posted 10/31/15

Desperate times call for desperate memes.

(But seriously, I think I’ll like this event, lol /nerd)

Posted 10/31/15

Phage It’s more of the ‘trick’ part of trick or treat. We are not banning you from using calculators or what not, just to be careful when you do so!

(Well with the ping it is to help us timely answer you because I tend to scatter away into the internet and don’t always read back on a thread unless I have a notification to do so. :D;; )

Posted 10/31/15
[@Reili]  The items listings (with images) are here: https://www.mycenacave.com/home/help/items/display if that helps!  I can imagine that one is particularly tricky on mobile though. :|
Posted 10/31/15
As a general note to everyone - there isn’t a rush to solve any question! The Scholarcrow will stick around until you answer. :) They are, if nothing else, patient invaders. That being said, your timer will not reset until the battle with your ‘Crow is completed.
Is this just an item guessing game?
Posted 10/31/15
Sage14 There are actual several ‘types’ of questions asked. :)
Posted 10/31/15
Is there not a bell?
Posted 10/31/15

Dove
Ahhh ok.
Was wondering, came in half an hour into the game haha
Thanks!

Posted 10/31/15

@amaterasu oh, i understand…so you have to be careful when pasting things or it will be sneaky and mess it up? i will have to paste it in the address bar first when i do that so i can double check. thanks for answering my questions, i got really thrown off when this event started because i clicked join before reading anything(i got excited…) and i feel like some things probably could still use more clarification but i will wait and see. it’s just not what i expected so i feel more tricked than treated at the moment. (also we were told this was not a halloween event at all so i wasnt expecting tricks or treats, ya liars :| )

(i still dont want to ping anyone right now, dw about it. if i feel like my question is pressing or has been ignored i can do so)

oh i’m so sorry Phage! I meant to ping Courier oopies < w >
Posted 10/31/15
Are the answers case sensitive? Because I’ve inputted two answers now that I was absolutely sure were right that got marked wrong and I can’t figure out where I’m missing the mark. I mean, maybe I’m just wrong, haha, but I figured I’d ask.
Posted 10/31/15
@rouri ohhh lol! no worries haha
Posted 10/31/15
Condor We are working on adding a bell! There was a lot of feedback about the sound from the bell from the previous clickable events but we will be adding one back in shortly. :)

Dove
Yay! Bell! Thanks, Dove!

Posted 10/31/15

@Dove

Maybe the note that the ‘crows will wait for your answer could be added to the event page or instructions? I know I panicked and rushed to answer my first question, which unfortunately meant not rereading my numbers and correcting the typo (oops). I’m glad you said something though! I was about to ask.

Posted 10/31/15
The defeated scarecrow guy is so sad looking xD! I want to cuddle him!
Posted 10/31/15
Lunila Yes! It occurred to us from seeing initial reactions that this might be something people were worried about. We’ll be sure to add the notification to the event instructions as well. :)
Posted 10/31/15

radio
I’ve been doing it case-sensitive and getting it correct so far. So probably couldn’t hurt…

Also agreed that there should be something saying that they’ll wait. The scarecrows telling you to be quick is kind of misleading when there isn’t a timer. x_x

Posted 10/31/15
When we as a site unlock item previews, where will we see them?  On this thread or the event page or?
Posted 10/31/15
radio It wasn’t for me, I answered all lowercase and I got it right.
Posted 10/31/15

The Scarecrow Overlords have claimed their rightful place. I bow to their superiority.

Posted 10/31/15

I am really missing the bell/countdown timer. Can’t wait for it to return. >>; I am too forgetful to refresh to see if I’m ready… that or I’ll refresh a million times. haha.

The question aspect threw me off at first, but this could prove to be interesting.. that way you don’t get bored of just mindlessly clicking. hm.

Posted 10/31/15
@Myla thank you! It is rather troublesome, but I guess it can’t be helped….
Posted 10/31/15
so i got a math question, with * as part of it, which usually means to multiply, and i followed the order of operations, and it still said my answer was wrong even though i double checked it.
Posted 10/31/15

:3c Just a reminder for all us non math persons that to get the math bits right, the problems have to be done in the right order! Some might be familiar with PEMDAS or BEDMAS but! That means:

Do the math bits inside of parentheses or brackets first!
Then your exponents.
Next, you’ll wanna do your division/multiplication.
And save your addition and subtraction for last!

So, for example, if the problem was 2 + 3 x 4, order of operations demands we do 3 x 4 first to get 12, then add our 2 for a final answer of 14!!

Now, you sweetlings math your way to victory!

Posted 10/31/15