04:24 ST
[EVENT] Marcy's Harvest Festival (Oct. 31st - Nov. 9th)
This event has concluded! See this post for wrap-up, and this post for event info!

You’re here! I’m so glad you could make it. Autumn’s in the air, and I can just tell it’s going to be a gorgeous few days. Have you ever seen the leaves more beautiful?

I’ve been itching to get started all morning, but I thought I ought to wait for you to get here. After all, it wouldn’t be fair of me to begin before everyone arrives, would it? This is our first harvest festival in this settlement, and it’s only right that everybody gets a chance to participate in the fun.

As you can see, the fields are full, and the crops are ripe for the picking. If you close your eyes, you can smell the apples on the breeze. Darcy’s promised to turn out a few treats for us this week, but we’ll need to work hard to earn them.

There are more of us than I was expecting, which is wonderful! The more paws there are, the faster we get this all done. I’ve been experimenting with several different crops this year, and most of them are ready to be picked now. You probably shouldn’t work too quickly, though; once you’ve finished a row, come back here for a rest, and I’ll let you know where to go after you’ve taken a short break. Wouldn’t want you too tired to enjoy my sister’s baking, would we?

As for me? Oh, I’ll be right here, making sure everyone is where they need to be. This is a big farm, and I’d hate for anyone to get lost in the fields. I know that delegating is a complicated and often thankless job, but I don’t mind taking on the task if it means that all my friends and neighbors get a chance to put a paw in this festival.

Now let’s get to it!

More of Marcy’s comments and updates:
10/28
10/30
10/31

Some Quick Info!
  • This will be a 30-minute interval clickable style event running from October 31st, 00:01 MC time through November 9th, 23:59.
  • Prizes will be revealed through Community checkpoint initiatives - the more the Community harvests, the more prizes you’ll uncover!
  • Harvesting more crops will also result in increasing your “Farmer’s Hand” rank.
  • Awards will be given out in ‘packages’ at the end of the event based on what ‘rank’ you achieve. There will be six achievable ranks and the higher your rank, the more unique prizes you will receive.
  • Marcy has also given his permission for Mycenians to keep any old junk treasure they find around his farm while collecting.
  • As always, be mindful of other players’ experiences and follow all of Mycena Cave’s rules.
    • Multi-accounting is not allowed.
    • You may not participate in any part of this event on any account other than your own.
  • Have fun helping Marcy bring in his harvest!
Posted 10/25/15, edited 11/10/15
-PULLS ON HER FARMHAND GLOVES- >:)
Posted 10/25/15

They hype is real :]

Edit: That banner though… I like.

Posted 10/25/15, edited 10/25/15

*uncontrollable screeching*

CLICK STYLE EVENTS ARE MY BANE I WILL GET NO SLEEP

thats ok though im so excited

Posted 10/25/15

Pavlov’s timer bell returns!!

I do love me some click style events, though. I’m so excited!!

Posted 10/25/15

The banner is so cute! ;w;

I’m glad this is a clicky event since I’ll probably be more busy with school this time around. Very thankful this doesn’t start this week when I have two tests and a project due. haha. It sounds fun! The prize system seems neat. c:

Posted 10/25/15
Eeee! Gonna harvest allll the things!
Posted 10/25/15
I hope I get to actually play enough. This is falling into my weekend duty rotation and I don’t get to be online much on duty days.
Posted 10/25/15
What is a click style event?
Posted 10/25/15

vihuff Clickable style events typically entail ‘clicking’ on an event prompt with a small activity once every set period of time. :) For this event, the interval is at 30 minutes. Every 30 minutes throughout the event period you will be able to ‘click’ once, with the objective being… click as many times as you can before the event ends!

That’s the simplified explanation, anyway! You will learn quickly once we start!

vihuff click style means there’s basically a screen you visit to “click” and gather event tokens from to use for participation.it’s usually a pretty laid back style of event that people find easier then puzzles/writing/activities because literally anyone can join.

***ninjad by Dove! XD

Looking forward to this one *starts up her tractor*

I am upsettingly excited for this oh my gosh
Posted 10/25/15

And there goes my sleep during the event!

but super excited for this >.<

Posted 10/25/15
Although click-style, which is not my favorite, I like that the prizes will be predetermined tiers instead of just a shop to buy from. Should keep things a little more balanced that way. Still, lots of sleeplessness to look forward to xD
Posted 10/25/15
Ahahaha, I’m single-handedly planning my family’s two week vacation in Japan, so I’ll be spending a ton of time online. On one hand, stress out the wazoo, but on the other, event points! WOooooo~!
Posted 10/25/15

A clicky event, you say.

You know my weakness.

Posted 10/25/15

From the sounds of it, once you get to Rank 6, there isn’t much more you can get besides this supposed “junk” items.
So in theory could we play non-stop for the beginning of the event and not play for the rest?

The only reason I ask is because I will most likely have some busy school days on the horizon and I’m wondering for preparation’s sake >>;

Posted 10/25/15

PUMPKINS 8D!!! *bounds around and snuggles gourds*

Oh I wished we got to plant our own garden xD! *Grabs some plant food, spade and seeds* Mmmm, homemade pumpkin pie ;D.

Posted 10/25/15

This sounds interesting, but how hard would it be to get Rank 6?

Harvesting more crops will also result in increasing your “Farmer’s Hand” rank.
Awards will be given out in ‘packages’ at the end of the event based on what ‘rank’ you achieve. There will be six achievable ranks and the higher your rank, the more unique prizes you will receive.

Unfortunately my current job is serious enough that they don’t allow outside applications or browser use to click every 30 minutes during the week. It would be kind of a buzzkill if you have to spend 8 hours a day every day clicking to get desired prizes.

Posted 10/25/15

“Prizes will be revealed through Community checkpoint initiatives - the more the Community harvests, the more prizes you’ll uncover!”

This sounds really cool! Though I’m wondering, does this mean that it’s possible that with not enough participation not all the prizes will be unlocked? And if over the max is reached, is it possible more things will be added?

Posted 10/25/15

*Screeches*
I am so excited! Ahhh! I just can’t wait to participate! *w*

Posted 10/25/15

clicking-based event? well, i guess i’ll be clicking until my fingers fall off. gotta get all them prizes. |D

also the banner is super cute, love it~

Posted 10/25/15

*sets down regular shovel and gloves and pulls on crop picking gloves instead.  Farmhand you say?  I should breeze through these tiers easily given that’s pretty much all I do in a day. 

I’m so looking forwards to our firstever Harvest Festival!

Posted 10/25/15

Did…. did Mycena and Harvest Moon just team up?!

Oh sweet baby corn yeeeeees

Posted 10/25/15

I was beginning to miss that bell. XD
Can’t wait for the event! *v*

Posted 10/25/15

I’m looking forwards to running around with a pitchfork, pretending I know anything at all about farming.

I like that we click every thirty minutes! Interesting change :D

Posted 10/25/15

I’m totally ready to murder cough I mean harvest the crops
yes

hides pitchfork

Posted 10/25/15
I am extremely excited! I’m not sure how well I’ll do, given that school keeps me busy, but I’m going to try really hard anyway! I am SO excited!
Posted 10/25/15
I am ready for this event! Super duper excited for this to kick off.
Posted 10/25/15

So excited for this!

(No memes/gifs yet? Time to fix that!)

Posted 10/25/15