17:26 ST
[EVENT] Marcy's Harvest Festival (Oct. 31st - Nov. 9th)

mosh: So. We grumbled and groaned and tried to figure out the wording of the prizes for about an entire evening hoping it was clear.

Clearly not. :|

So what it means is you can choose pet + 7 items OR two pets/mushrooms OR 2x 7 items.

With the recent update, in regards to your items you can:
“[but we will now be allowing] each player to select which items they want, and will permit duplicates up to three copies. Please note that this cap of three will stay in effect even if you are at tier five and opt for the double item prize package! ”

So you can choose up to 7 (or 14) items, but only a max of three duplicates (so you can only get 3 Spirit Trees out of 7/14 items).

Posted 11/09/15, edited 11/09/15

mosh: perhaps it’ll be easier if you see it:
https://www.mycenacave.com/harvest/prizes (note that you won’t actually be able to collect your prizes until after midnight server time)

:)

EDIT: if you only want two of the items, then you best bet would be either (a) to get 7 items and sell the ones you don’t want, or (b) get two pets/mushrooms, sell one of them, and buy the two items you like from what you earned selling the pet/mushroom.

Kiwi Thank you :’)
[@ameterasu] Ahh no it isn’t your faults at all I’m just dumb and have poor reading comprehension skills /pets
glitch Ahh yes that helps immensely

Thank you three so much because I now understand :’)

Posted 11/09/15
im so close to moving up to the next rank but i have no idea if i have enough time. it’s the “You’re getting close now! Don’t stop!” one which i think is the last thing marcy says before you reach the next tier but…...it ends tonight o_o
Posted 11/09/15
Phage  keep at it Phage!  If nothing else, you have the potential for a bag to drop =)
Posted 11/09/15

I finally made it to the sixth tier… I was beginning to get worried that I was going to miss it by like a class or two worth of ‘crows or something (that would have made me very sad). Now I can use that mushroom and hope for one of the Halloween coats I’m missing. :D

I’m also going to continue fighting ‘crows until the end, because I’m still hoping for more bags… I’m still missing the Candy Corn Ring, Bat Gliders, and the Birdy Beads from the first Halloween, possibly other things but those are what I can remember off the top of my head. Good luck everyone!

Posted 11/09/15
I feel like I’ve been stuck at the striker tier for days, with no end in sight. Well, the only motivation keeping me going on is the hope for another bag drop or so before the event ends.
This has been the best event yet!
Posted 11/09/15

adfghjkl so today my professor told us, “applying to graduate school is like trying to jump over a wall in the dark. if you make it, you won’t know how close you were to failing. if you don’t make it, you won’t know how close you were to succeeding.”

and i realized that that ALSO applies to the final tier of this event. THANKS MYCENA
if applying to grad school is going to be as frustrating as this tier then maybe i should stick with a bachelor’s

Posted 11/09/15

another question that im being a know-it-all about:

“A file format that supports moving images.”
choices are png, jpg, and gif. the answer is obviously gif, but technically png supports moving images too as long as your browser can view them. last i checked chrome required an addon to enable apng viewing(and it doesn’t always work), firefox supports it natively, and internet explorer doesn’t. check it out:

if your browser is able to display it correctly you’ll see the fox spinning around :o

Posted 11/09/15

Phage

WWHOOOAAAAA
/mindblown

Posted 11/09/15

Phage: that’s really cool! I am very much looking forward to when gif finally experiences its long-overdue death. Although my money’s on webm before apng :D

baekhesten: hah! I got a kick out of that description ;) At least in my case it’s pretty apt for what every. single. day. of actually being in grad school has been like, too… for the last five and a half years >>

@baekhesten: i know right? one thing it has over gifs is less jagged lines when it is transparent. like this image.
look at that sweet, sweet image quality.

the weird thing is, it’s been around for a few years now and chrome still hasn’t added the functionality for it. i dunno why

Posted 11/09/15

Crusher
(Scholarcrow Smasher)

Just hit that with ~100 minutes/3 scholarcrows left to fight

Posted 11/09/15

frieza

I knew you could do it! /cheers

Posted 11/09/15
I however did not!  Thanks!  *clinks glass*
Posted 11/09/15

......It’s very nearly 5am here, and I’ve somehow managed to do what I’d pretty much thought impossible (because missed timers / daft mistakes gallor the last couple of days) and hit tier six. And had a couple of bag drops. Needless to say, I’m pretty freaking amazed right now (and veeeeeery happy and unfortunately also wide awake)~

Just want to thank you guys for this event. It’s been a wonderful tangle of frustrating, interesting, and fun/eversoslightlyaddictive (and I’m pretty sure I’ve learnt a thing or two along the way), and the whole idea is great (I especially liked the community challenge aspect!).

I’d say more, but….I think it’s prooobably about time I tried to get some sleep >__>

Posted 11/09/15
I’m willing to bet I’m the only person who’s made it to the sixth tier without a single bag drop. 8^) I didn’t even realize I made it that far until now.Which I’m glad for, I can finally sleep.
Posted 11/09/15

I DID IT!!!!  Your Reward Tier: Scholarcrow Smasher
You’ll receive a Pumpkin Medal, PLUS A Halloween Mushroom, PLUS 2x your choice of seven event items, or the event coat, or the event mushroom (max 3 of any particular item) 

I can’t believe how many scholarcrows you’ve defeated!
OK that’s literally everything I can give you. Thank you so much!

=o Basks in the glow and shock, whilst cuddling Jacq’s lucky Windowmaker <3

Posted 11/09/15
thank the heavens, i got to strawngarm striker…well that’s the last tier for me but i might get one more crow in if there’s time.
Posted 11/09/15

Aw man, I definitely got up too late. Hope this last one gets me that rank. Been at “You’re getting close now! Don’t stop!” for a few now.

Oh, dear! I’m on the (presumably) last leg of Hamhanded Haymaker and I only have time for one last battle before rollover. :P I sincerely hope this last one puts me onto the next level. I’ve been battling every half-hour for the last (5? 6?) hours and the message has read “You’re getting close now! Don’t stop!” for (I think) the last 3 or 4 battles; it would be such a shame to try so hard and come up just shy of my goal. XP

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I’m still at Hamhanded Haymaker!!! XP STILL!!! HOW AM I STILL?!!!! I WAS RIGHT THERE!!!!

danggg so close to striker I’m gonna end up being only one or two off I think…
Posted 11/09/15

Whelp.  Just did my last question and I didn’t make it to the last tier.  I’m super disappointed but I guess it’s my own fault wehweh.

what are the odds glitch can tell me how many I actually missed it by

Posted 11/09/15
Dang, I didn’t make it either. Is there a support group? ;_;
Posted 11/09/15
*hands out cookies and punch for the others who didn’t make it to Strangler*
Posted 11/09/15
I missed it too by just a question or two. It’s super disappointing. I suppose I’m glad I got a few bag drops in the event, and have made it at least to the fifth tier though.
Posted 11/09/15
Andddd…. It turns out my last question was the final one I needed to reach the final tier. *big sigh of relief* I really thought I was screwed when I messed up on that Darkness image for my second last. What are the chances of that happening? Thank goodness for maths.
Posted 11/09/15, edited 11/10/15

We did it! Dr. Crow and his deviants have been put to shame and are reconsidering this whole evil invasion. After seeing the whooping you all gave him, though, I couldn’t help feeling a bit sorry for the poor fellow. He’s right, after all; a good mind is a terrible thing to waste! In the spirit of peace, and being the gentleman I am, I have graciously offered the Dr. and his…legion…the opportunity to work full time here on the farm with me. After all, someone still needs to get this harvest in before winter strikes!

And oh. Right. The harvest festival… Well, that didn’t work out quite as planned, and I’m real sorry about that. There’s always next fall, though! With all the help we’ve got around now, you ought to be able to relax and actually enjoy it next year! Not that you wouldn’t have enjoyed it this year, mind; reaping the harvest really is its own reward. Darcy cooks up a mean mushroom and sweet potato souffle — with an extra side of mean if you sneak too many samples while she’s gettin’ it ready — but we’ll all get a proper taste next year.

Anyway, now that I’ve got 56,923 more heads to help prepare the crops, I suppose you’re done here! I can’t thank you enough for helping to defend the farm, and as promised, I have several goodies prepared to reward your hard work!

Stop by the barn before you head out and pick up some parting goodies. You all come back now, you hear?

Posted 11/10/15, edited 11/10/15

I didn’t make it to the last tier, but I didn’t think I would either. I got lazy at the end, pff. I am super curious how close I was though… o:

I had a ton of fun, but I’m also really kinda glad it’s over? No more math… aside from my stats class, of course. haha >>;

Posted 11/10/15