11:41 ST
[EVENT] Marcy's Harvest Festival (Oct. 31st - Nov. 9th)
Thorne :D’ Technically level 1. Pile of Hay is more like a starting point than a true tier. So there are 6 not including Pile of Hay!
Posted 10/31/15
So a prize preview is out and it’s a pitchfork. So that’s a thing.
Posted 10/31/15

Dove
But isn’t there also a Newbie rank below Pile of Hay? So that’d make it seven tiers and the not-really tier?

Posted 10/31/15, edited 10/31/15
Dove I got the preview too! Bummer so I am on level 1
Posted 10/31/15

Reward Tier:
Straw Soldier

You’ll receive:

a Pumpkin Medal, PLUS one other randomly selected event item (no duplicates)
Defeat more scholarcrows to increase your reward tier!

Does that mean there is an item per rank?
Since there are not duplicates, does that mean when you max out ranks you can get everything?
I’m hoping that’s right because I’ll be a little upset if you can’t get everything when maxing out ;;

^Question in spoiler

Question: Do you have to defeat the same amount of ‘crows to move up each tier? For example, if to move from Pile of Hay to Straw Soldier you needed to defeat 25 ‘crows, will you need to defeat 25 ‘crows to move on to the tier after Straw Soldier? Or will you need to defeat a different amount? (Sorry, I’m just trying to figure out approx. how much time I’m going to need to put into this)
Posted 10/31/15

Yes, I want an item preview now! -Bashes pitchforks on table-

I’m hoping we get a spooky background, maybe we could add the floating souls of the scholarcrows in the background? |Ddeddo

I BLAME YOU

also lol@ people being sassy over math, i’ve graduated university (where i never took any math— not applicable to my major/minor) and it’s been about 8 years since i had a high school math class now. i know the math that’s relevant to my life, and if you’re fantastic at math good for you but you probably suck at what i’m good at :D let’s also keep in mind there are people on the site with various disorders that make equations and applying order of operations more difficult, there are people on the site who are good at math and there are people who are not (and could not care less).

Titan I would guess the amount needed for each tier would increase, otherwise people might max out pre quick ^^

After spending all day attempting to answer these questions from my phone… I have decided that Glitch and Myla shall be written out of my (nonexistent) will for this cruel treachery. Getting me hyped for a nice simple-to-do-while-moving-into-the-new-house click-event and then giving me a quiz was a dirty trick. *pouts*

(I shall probably find it fun once I am back at the dorm with inyetnet access from items othervthan my phone and thus the capability to actually see what half the questions are.)

Posted 10/31/15
Nephele I completely feel your pain. I got to play today and I will again tomorrow but after that I won’t get to play very much. And even worse, I work on Saturday the 6th too so I will lose a lot of my playtime. what little I will get to play will mostly be from my phone.
Posted 10/31/15

Hello everyone. There’s been some remarks in regards to some “sassy comments” in the thread. I’m going to ask that no further comments be made in regards to this matter. The subject does not contribute anything to the event and we have moved on from the matter.

Let’s all have a good time and help each other out during the event.

Thanks! :)

Posted 10/31/15

This is getting ridiculous… Can math problems be removed until this glitch is fixed?

Posted 10/31/15
Yoshi: That’s not a glitch, negatives are included. What are not accepted are any sort of commas, periods, etc other than the negative dash symbol.
Amaterasu The problem I got is not supposed to result in a negative number. Especially since I used a scientific calculator to solve it.
Posted 10/31/15
Yoshi - Um… That one has to result in a negative number. Anything that starts with two minus more then three is gonna end up negative with the type of questions we’re getting.
Posted 10/31/15

[@yoshii] The question simplifies to 2 - (35*85), or “two minus a really big number) which makes it a negative. Mori beat me to it :)

I know not everyone is accessing the game from a PC, but I wanna suggest that the built in microsoft calculator is serving me really well this event. If you’re able, maybe it’s a better solution than google or whatever else ppl are using.

Yoshi - A negative answer actually is correct for that question. :)

You start with —-> 2 - 35 * 85
Multiply first ——> 2 - 2975
Then subtract ——> -2973

For the math questions you can also just directly type them into google and you should get the right answer. :) So if you search for 2 - 35 * 85 it should give you -2973. Just be careful with directly copy/pasting the question in because it’ll randomly add in a different digit apparently so you won’t get the right answer.

The calculator was probably flipping it like mine was, Yoshi! In order to start getting the right answers the way this wants, I had to do the multiplication first, then take that answer and put the first number then the multiplication’s answer into the calculator to get it to give me the proper negative.

So for yours, it’s 35 * 85 = 2975, then you go 2 - 2975… Where as to my calculator seemed to be doing it as 2975 - 2, which was yielding a positive number, but 2 - 2975 yields a negative number as it should for the answer. Mine was doing this when I put the whole equation in regardless of how I typed it in… Until I broke it up like this.

Edit: *Turns it into one of my number stacks*

2 - 35 * 85
So…
35 * 85 (= 2975)
2 - 2975
= -2973

My calculator was being a pain in the tail like this, too! But it works when I break it down like this. :3

You said “meditative bouquet” but the answer was “meditative bouquet”
Ummm…?

Posted 10/31/15
For some reason it said I was wrong though I put in the proper answer.
Posted 11/01/15
Noriko: What was the question?
Posted 11/01/15

The fact that there isn’t a counter to tell me how many ‘crows I’ve defeated is making me really nervous xD
I keep getting the ‘what if my wins aren’t being counted’ kind of feeling

Posted 11/01/15

[@Reili]
I was getting that feeling too but I just got Straw Soldier so I guess they are being counted. xD

Posted 11/01/15

Amaterasu I can’t remember exactly now but it was a math one that went something along the lines of: -2???
However, I am positive I typed in the same answer. I wished I screenshotted it now. T^T

Posted 11/01/15, edited 11/01/15
If at all possible, I would also like to see some counters for personal defeated scholars since I’m feeling as though getting to the top tier is going to take constant attention to clicking/getting all the answers right. It’s not necessary but I’d definitely appreciate having one ^^
Posted 11/01/15

Madara
Since I’ve gotten to Straw Soldier I’ve been keeping count of wins and I’ll probably post some spoilers of how many to get to the next rank once I get there. (Well, assuming I don’t forget to keep track. >_>)

I would love a counter for how many ‘crows defeated displayed somewhere though. Manually keeping track is somewhat tedious. x_x

Posted 11/01/15
Uh, there’s a glitch going on right now that will let you continue to attack the scholarcrows. When I defeated one, it didn’t wait 30 mins before allowing me to attack again.
Posted 11/01/15

I think it has to do with the clocks changing back an hour - this event might not have any clue how to deal with the actual clocks going back an hour and just thinks that it’s at negative time?

glitch - just in case

Posted 11/01/15, edited 11/01/15
Seconding the glitch which allows me to attack as many scarecrows as I like. I also riddled 2 scarecrows before I realised :<
Posted 11/01/15

lollobrigida
I tested your theory (hoping I understood right) and played a second time. I don’t think it’s at negative time since it just gave me a third?
Not sure if that will help the fix at all. Just wait it out a guess?

Posted 11/01/15
Yeah, I’m not a programmer at all, but I know that it has to do with the time change taking an hour away.
Posted 11/01/15