13:57 ST
December News Discussion
Welcome to December!

This month we celebrate our festive first Kelph OotS, the Angelic Solstice brought to us by Ruori! She has also crafted a supply of Snowkissed Capes and Holly-day Blossoms to help your favorite Mycenians get into the spirit of the holiday season. You can purchase yours in the Out of the Shadows Shop!

New Winter Seasonal

Our friends the Grim Harvest and Lammergeier will be leaving Fungimental Magic on the winter solstice - December 22nd! Be sure to pick either up before then or you’ll miss out until next season! We’ll see previews of our new winter seasonal later in the month, and the White Wind will be available for purchase once more at a price of 108,000 nuggets.

Harvest Festival

Marcy’s Harvest Festival ran from October 31st to November 9th. We fought hard and successfully defended the harvest from the invading Scholarcrow armies… and were rewarded with some fun prizes as a result! You can see how everything wrapped up here!

We also conducted and completed our event survey, receiving a whopping 336 entries. We loved receiving so much feedback, and have compiled a summary of those results for your review here! Thank you all for your participation, and for helping Mycena Cave to continue to develop and improve its events!

New Moderators

After an extensive application and interviewing process, Mycena Cave was happy to welcome two new moderators to the team: KeeperGreymuzzles & Dash! Both players have already stepped into their role gracefully and have been a huge asset to the moderating team. We can’t wait to see what the future holds for them!

New pricing & custom pricing guide

Our new custom pricing system recently went live, and we now have an official custom pricing guide to help players more accurately eyeball the cost of edits. More information on the pricing changes can be found here and our custom pricing guide can be found here.

Release of the Edit Queue

In addition to our new pricing and pricing guide, our custom shop saw the release of the edit queue this month! Please note that players are still only able to be in one queue at a time (Custom, Sprout, or Edit)! The edit queue also has a hard cap of $30 for requested edits. Anything larger or more expensive will need to make it’s way through the custom queue as they have in the past or go through the edit queue more than once. We hope that the addition of this new queue allows you to continue to personalize your favorite customs!

Secret Santa

Signups have now concluded for Mycena Cave’s second annual Secret Santa activity. Santas and Santa-ees have now been assigned - remember to check in with your Santa-ee via Santa Mail by December 10th! We hope that everybody has fun spreading some holiday cheer!

Content Rules Update

Our updated content rules are now in full effect! In addition, we also have a couple of new forum features - an expanded tagging system to better tag your posts (and hopefully make it easier to avoid any content that you might not want to see!) and the ability to hide posts from appearing in ‘Recent Posts’ in certain forums. In order to learn more about these updates, please see this thread.

Also, please remember that with our new rules in place, all activity and conversations in any official Mycena Cave chat room must adhere to un-tagged content standards (section 2.7a).

Mycena Cave Cuisine Competition

We are currently in the midst of holding another cuisine competition! Our theme this time around is ‘homey’ dishes - perfect for this chilly time of year! In addition to staff judging player-submitted dishes, we are also holding a staff edition so that you guys can judge our creations! More information about this competition can be found here!

Expanding Kelph Item Compatibility

Our staff team is currently working diligently to make all previous OotS and Event items compatible with the Kelph lines! This will be a bit of a long process, but we are making decent headway. :) Keep your eyes peeled for more of the Kelph icons popping up on items around site!

try us on; we’re magnificent :’D

CC survey

In response to several issues that have cropped up with the way Custom Credit currently functions, discussion has been under way for possible revisions. We recently took a survey to collect data on how you, our players, currently use or intend to use Custom Credit. This information will be invaluable in assisting us to decide a better alternative for everyone!

Upcoming Raffle

We will be hosting another user raffle this month with some amazing prizes to be won! Rumor has it that a pretty new premade custom might be joining the mix, you’ll have to keep an eye on the recent custom page if you hope to scout them out. More details will be released soon!

Posted 12/01/15
Whoa it’s December
Posted 12/01/15

Boots on kelph, oh ahahaha, it is glorious. So much gloriousness.

And I still want the OotS items and pets and need to get money…augh. *grabby hands at*

Posted 12/01/15

Oh my god Myla I need a pair of boots ASAP LOL omg people are throwing boots at me ilu

edit:

Posted 12/01/15, edited 12/01/15
As for the kelph update with boots, we finally know what in the pond has been hoarding all the left boots.
Posted 12/01/15
Hey that’s how I wear boots too!
Posted 12/01/15
As for the kelph update with boots, we finally know what in the pond has been hoarding all the left boots.Metalhawk

That is exactly what I was thinking. :| Sneaky fish-people.

Posted 12/01/15

Kelph boots… How, um, majestic? What a fashion statement. At any rate, I love it!

And, in other news, I can’t wait to see the new winter seasonal! I had better start maxing out my nuggets on the games every day; I need to save up!

Posted 12/01/15
I’m a little concerned. Don’t you kelphi think wearing boots in the water is a bit detrimental? Is that why you only wear one? Would two boots make it harder to swim? Why are you all wearing the left ones? Is this a conspiracy to force all ineki to wear two right boots and cause havoc as everyone stumbles around in wrong-feet shoes? I see what you’re doing here… >...>
Posted 12/01/15

Omg at those Kelph boots. Too funny.

The Snowkissed cape looks AMAZING and im so happy i can preview it on ikekis nowww

Im excited for the raffle…. i will be watching the custom pets listing like a hawk hehehe

Posted 12/01/15

I’m actually prepared with nuggos for a raffle this month.
Imagine that 8’D!

Posted 12/01/15

-stares at Cranberrry Dream-
Alright so like…. when’s the raffle goin up…............

Posted 12/01/15

1. I love how delicately they hold the katana
2. The birds!!! are! CUTE!!

Posted 12/02/15
How often is the edit queue tended to? I moved there as soon as it was released, and have been at three or less for pretty much the same amount of time.
Posted 12/02/15

Eyeballs the cranberry dream intensely

thinks about the cranberry dream wearing the snowkissed cape

passes out

Posted 12/02/15, edited 12/02/15

Yoshi The speed of the edit queue depends on the availability of the artists that are selected on the form. Your selected artists may be tied down with custom orders that are taking longer than expected, may not have the availability to take an order at the current moment, or are dealing with extraneous circumstances that are preventing them from actively working on the queues.

(For instance, my laptop recently decided to die and I won’t be able to do any orders until after the 18th, where I’ll have my new laptop in hand.)

The queue is still new, so it may take a bit for us to get into the swing of accepting edit orders on top of custom orders—for those of us who can or are willing—but the queue should move regularly once we get into the flow/swing of things. :)

Posted 12/02/15
Quick geness update!

We are now able to reorganize how our pets appear in their geness images! :D You can find this option on the profile page of the geness you’d like to reorder, similar in position to where you’d see the ‘rename’ option on a pet’s profile. From there, you can maneuver each pet’s position as you like!

Posted 12/02/15

Crow

yesssssssssssss

Posted 12/02/15
Oh cool… I don’t have a geness myself that especially needs moving, but I’ve heard plenty of talk about a feature like this. :>
Posted 12/02/15
Is it normal that I can’t edit my geness description or anything?
Posted 12/02/15
I cant edit the geness bio either!
Posted 12/02/15
Editing bios (no words for us?) does seem to be broken for most people, from what’s being said in chat, so yeah. I love being able to change orders tho, it’s wonderful, thank you!
Posted 12/02/15
Editing the geness bio should work again!
Posted 12/02/15
YES!! I am so happy. I have one geness in particular I’ve been wishing forever to reorder.
Posted 12/02/15

Myla
It’s still not working~

Posted 12/02/15
Oops.  It should be fixed for real for real this time. >>
Posted 12/02/15
An important message regarding the CC shop:

With the CC shop’s opening just around the corner, we have decided to implement a daily limit to how much CC any individual player can purchase. This limit will be set to 100 CC per day. We hope that this will extend the time frame that the CC shop will remain open and increase the number of people who get a chance to purchase CC, but acknowledge that this is a temporary solution to a larger problem. We are still processing the survey results and investigating ways to adjust the CC system as a whole in order to better serve our players!

Please note: this limit will only affect how much CC a player can purchase daily. It will not limit the amount of CC a player can receive daily, though the 200 CC cap still stands!

Posted 12/02/15
Hmmm this is a good thing… But now I need to evaluate what I owe… And prioritize.
Posted 12/03/15

I am surprised that these changes are being implemented with so little warning, right before the shop opening. :(

I can’t be the only one that gets charged “per transaction” by my credit card. Also, those of us not in the USA often get charged extra fees per international transaction, too.

I also feel like this timing is specifically targeting the few users (myself included) that organized large CC transactions. This change feels like patching a “loophole” that people were taking advantage of. I thought this “loophole” was an intentional design function of the CC shop. I just think it’s really poor form to pull the rug out from people like this with so little warning.

Also, a question; does the “day” begin at rollover, or is it a strict 24-hours based on the time the account made the purchase?

edit: I want to reiterate that I think this is a alright change. I think the sentiment’s great, and I don’t mind it in the least except for the timing. If this had been announced when the shop was at 60%+, or was announced now for the NEXT shop cycle, I wouldn’t have an issue at all. But changing the rules right on the brink of it opening just seems like it’s specifically meant to be a slap on the wrist.

Posted 12/03/15, edited 12/03/15

i’ve bought a lot of cc for other users in the past, and i didn’t realise that sort of thing was frowned upon. 

like jacq, i’m pretty sure this rule is targeting users like me, and i’m really sorry for whatever part i played in the need for the new rules.

i know the mods and artists and volunteers work super hard for this site and do an incredible job, and i’m really grateful for that.  speaking purely from a trade perspective, the short notice does make things difficult, but thanks for letting us know before the shop opens.

*slinks away to reconsider how she plays this game* 

Posted 12/03/15, edited 12/03/15