11:09 ST
December News Discussion

Hi guys!
Just want to reassure you that it is not against Mycena Cave rules to buy large amounts of CC for other users, and that the daily cap is not intended to penalise (or discourage) those of you who sell large quantities of CC in order to help others reach their goals. Instead, it is a temporary addition that has been put into place in an effort to keep the shop open for a longer period of time, and allow more users the chance to complete their CC transactions before it closes. We apologise to those of you that may be negatively affected by this change, but feel that this course of action is in the best interests of our user base as a whole.

Rest assured that we still intend to review the recent CC survey. Future changes will be announced once they have been finalized, and we will endeavor to provide all of you with plenty of notice before they come into effect.

Posted 12/03/15, edited 12/03/15
The boots are majestic
Posted 12/03/15

I don’t think the purchasing cap is meant as a punishment. The last time the shop was open it sold out and closed again in less then an hour. Only a small group of players who were online were able to make purchases, while anyone who was not online or not in a place they’d be able to make a secure online transaction were not able to have any chance at it at all.

Buying CC for other players is not frowned upon. But the fact is that there are a lot of players trading under the promise of paying CC when the shop opens. It is starting to become a problem, especially when those promises can’t be made good on because the shop is forever closed.

It may not be the best solution, but it does mean that more players who already have CC debit they’ve been trying to pay up on since before the last opening have a chance to make good on it.

Posted 12/03/15

In reality, this is a sort of poopy band-aid, and I apologize about it being last minute because I know last minute changes are unpleasant.  We’ve gotten a lot feedback about the amount of stress players are under to get CC debt paid, and many (with very high and low) debts were worried they would miss the shop’s opening entirely.  Although this cap isn’t super ideal, we hope that everyone will be able to get most or all of their debt paid and make the shop opening a little less stressful/luck-based.  I appreciate the players that consistently help others acquire CC, and there is no need to feel bad or feel like you were breaking rules, because you weren’t!  It really is just a side-effect of a broken system.

That being said, we have a lot of great ideas of long-term solutions (thanks to all the feedback!), so hopefully this is the last time that CC will be causing widespread stress! Thank you for understanding <3

Edit:  Also, if you’re a player with a large CC debt and, if after this CC shop closes again, your situation is still really stressful, please send me an echo!  We can probably figure something out. :)

Posted 12/03/15, edited 12/03/15

I’m really itching to see what some of the solutions are for the CC shop.. I’d love to get more use out of it, if I could. o: In the meantime, I hope this fix helps for this next opening at least a little? A longer window should help more people clear their debts at least?

Also, whoa…. I just decided to play with the Cranberry Dream in PS and it drifts. So. Well. omg. ;w; *wiggles excitedly* Raffle now, yes? hehe.

Posted 12/04/15
Woah. Page tabs have titles now. I like. Too bad I have so many open at one time it doesn’t really help as much as it could ahaha.
Posted 12/04/15

raus
I’m not sure if the same goes for other browsers, but in Chrome and IE, at least, you can get the full page name by hovering over the tab :)

Posted 12/04/15
KeeperGreymuzzles Ah, yeah. I use Chrome. I usually forget you can do that and just resort to clicking through tabs until I find the one I want, oops. Thanks.
Posted 12/04/15

raus
Very easy to forget (and I often do exactly that XD). You’re welcome, though :)

Posted 12/04/15
i feel awkward posting about this now but regarding the thread blocking feature…would it be possible in the future to have the list of blocked threads truncated after, say, two lines? and then displayed in full when opening “manage filters”? i already had quite a few forums hidden before it was implemented and now with individual blocked threads being listed up there i feel like it’s only going to get longer as time passes. (i swear i don’t even block that many threads they just have long titles >_> )
Posted 12/07/15
Quick update: the CC shop is now open!
Posted 12/08/15
Terrifying how in 7 hrs its almost closed. Jesus…. in the time I’ve been at work it has meant if I wanted any it’s gonna close by the time I can purchase when I get off my shift. People really want CC it seems… and this, even with the changes in place.
Posted 12/08/15, edited 12/08/15

I must say that I am happy that there are more opportunities for people to get CC, because last time it would have been really disappointing… But I am also a little bit sad that I won’t get to the trades that I wanted to do… Especially the pet trades.
But I am happy that the staff is so willing to try and make it fair for everyone!

Posted 12/08/15
I was at work the entire time so I wasn’t able to pay off my debt. And now the CC shop is closed again lol….
Posted 12/08/15

Stay tuned: we’re working on a new Custom Credit solution with no limits!
(tentative release estimate: before the 14th)

-Custom Page

ouo

Posted 12/08/15
Ohh! Interesting…. That takes some of the sting out of today. I really thought it’d actually stay open for a few days at least… ;;
Posted 12/08/15

I’ve been thinking about sprouts & wanted to post a suggestion on how they’re handled. With custom pets, members are able to select which artists are able to fulfill their order. Sprouts are a sizable investment to most players & I was wondering if members could be given a little more “power” in who receives their order? Instead of having a list of artists that we want, users would be given an option of selecting artist(s) (thinking 1-3 at most) that they’d prefer not to take their order. There could also be an alternative list where the user could give 1-3 artists they’d prefer to accept their order alongside of those that they would rather not prefer to take on their sprouts. While staff couldn’t guarantee that the favored artists would accept their order, they would not pair the user with the artist(s) that is on their unfavored list.

The reason why I’m suggesting this is because sprouts are a relatively large purchase & I think members would appreciate having more liberty in their orders. Customs are generally less expensive & you’re given more power. I understand there are reasons for not being able to specifically choose an artist in sprouts, & omitting even a couple of artists still gives the surprise in sprouts. I know that sprouts are selected by the artist when/if they feel like completing it, & I’m not trying to force any artist to take on a sprout or making them do something they’re uncomfortable with. I just prefer certain styles that artists use & would like to see them reflected in the sprout I receive. I think other players would make use out of this, while you’re not guaranteed to get a favored artist, you will be given the option to not receive sprouts from artists you’d prefer not to take on your order.

Posted 12/16/15

^ I love Ally’s idea!

ALSO I was wondering, where did the little day counter go on sprout orders? I can’t see how long I’ve been waiting anymore D: Not sure if it’s also like that on custom orders but I like to know how long I’ve been waiting!<3

Posted 12/17/15
I really like Ally’s idea, a lot. For as much as sprouts cost, I would rather go through the regular custom queue and have a custom tailored to my liking by an artist of my choice. And with that, I’d rather attach that new custom as a “sprout” to my ideal parent geness, versus getting something I might not like for $100.
Posted 12/17/15

I feel like it depends on the geness. For example, my geness includes two customs that were well over $100 due to their certain features (i.e. custom tail). Their sprout will quite likely have some of those certain features that, if ordered as a custom, would be over $100. Speaking as someone who draws, sprouts require more thought because they don’t follow a given prompt unlike customs. Also, you get a buy 1 get 2 free kind of dealio (flower, baby, mature). I think usually artists try to create a design that incorporates the geness as well so they will look like one happy family together. For some geness, it may seem difficult (at least I think so, especially for my geness lol). I like sprouts because idk what to expect and I like to see where the sprout got their features from (like you got yo mama’s eyes and yo pop’s tail) and I like nice surprises. Anyway, that’s my thought on sprouts (and I guess kind of explains why I’m a bit obsessed with them lol).

edit: lol sorry this post was about Yoshi’s post and not about Ally’s suggestion oops

Posted 12/17/15, edited 12/18/15

The point in my suggestion isn’t to take away the surprise in sprouts or anything, but to give the user purchasing the option of not putting artists on your list to take your order. There are eleven artists, so I think taking a few (at most) still gives enough variation & would surprise the user to receive their custom. I agree that sprouts require more thought and planning — I’m suggesting this for users personal style preferences.

I know that customs can reach more or around that price if heavily edited (I like tail & hair edits myself :p). I personally feel more comfortable in the custom qeueu (even if it means spending more PP), I know I’ll always be satisfied with the result because I’m choosing artists whose style I adore. Besides that, you’re able to make small changes if it doesn’t turn out exactly how you wanted. ;3

This, of course, would be optionary; if you’re not concerned which artist(s) receive your order than you wouldn’t need to fill out anything. This suggestion is geared towards those who are more particular on style. I’m a baby lines fanatic myself & can’t wait until Dante is back in baby form again x).

Posted 12/18/15
-gently pets new addition to family- thank youuuu
Posted 12/18/15

I really like Ally‘s suggestion and have long wondered why it wasn’t a staple feature/allowed in the first place. I don’t see how it’s any different than having a pose preference for sprouts. What you get is still a unique surprise, it’s just… a little more guaranteed to fit your interests?

I love the different artists styles and contributions, but we all have different tastes and preferences. That’s not a bad thing! When I submit a custom order I pick different artists depending on my different needs. While all the artists are great and certainly fit Mycena style, everyone has different strengths. If I’m ordering a custom with a lot of hair, for instance, I’m more likely to select certain artists for my order over others. I just prefer how some do hair. But if I’m submitting something with more intricate details I might prefer totally different artists. When I submit a sprout order/win a raffle I have no control over this. Sprouts are a pretty hefty investment and, while I understand the price because they are a lot of work (3 total pieces vs one for customs, etc), I think having just a teeny bit more control over your order would ease a lot of minds.

Posted 12/18/15
Heads up to anyone attempting to edit their order in the custom queue!

The “Edit Order” button in the custom queue is currently malfunctioning and will send you to a “Server Error” page. glitch has been alerted, but may not be able to fix it immediately due to travelling :)

This post is meant to inform you we’re aware of the issue. Please be assured that you do not have to worry about not being able to get your last minute edits in — the artists have been made aware, as well!

Posted 12/20/15, edited 12/20/15
Editing on orders is fixed!

Edit awayyyyy~! :D

Posted 12/20/15
Yoshi: going through the custom queue is certainly an option! People with your preferences (with exactly the use case you describe) are actually one of the main reasons that kinnen was created — you could go so far as to order a custom whose reference is something along the lines of “mostly artist freedom, but based off of geness ____ and with this color palette, etc etc” picking whichever artists that you choose :)
Posted 12/20/15, edited 12/20/15

Two new pets on the Bone Monsters page!!!

Wachu sneaky peeps up to??

Posted 12/30/15
They’re NPCs! Seelby and Mont!
Posted 12/30/15
Soooo pretty *.* 
Posted 12/31/15