01:41 ST
August News Discussion
August is Here!

This month’s Out of the Shadows coat is the Rustic Garter, along with the Mice-in-a-Cave and Serpent Tattoo. Both the items and the coat were made by Plasma!

Sprout Queue finally arrives!

The Sprout Shop is now open! Since opening, several lovely new Sprouts have arrived - if you would like, you can check them out here!

We collected Star Stuff!

Our Summer event, Stellar Spelunking wrapped up on July 23. :) We’ve received many responses to our feedback survey, and will be taking your opinions into consideration for future events!

Our next event will be in mid to late September! This will not be a click-style event, so rest assured that a timer will not be ruling your Mycena life for some time. :)

And on that note…

Misc. Images have been updated!

Both spring and summer event images have been added! You are now free to decorate your profiles and posts with pretty spaceybits and bug poop. :D

Cosmetic changes!

Many of you have already noticed: items equipped to your pets are now visible on your user profile! This gives you more reason than ever to be fashion forward with your favorite ineki & drasilis.

Forum URLs now display differently than they did before, and are more descriptive in nature as a result. Rest assured that the previous style of URLs and permalinks will still work, so no need to fret over updating all of your links!  More information about this update can be found here.

Content rule update pending

We’ve not forgotten about the rules update, and are currently working hard on developing a new set of content standards that will be released in the near future. This is a matter we are considering very seriously, and as such, we are making sure not to rush into any changes made!

A new game is in playtesting!

Potions Master was recently released for playtesting. :) It does not currently award nuggets, but every round you guys play helps us to get closer to that point! Please be sure to report any bugs or glitches that you may find either to glitch himself or on this thread.

Custom policy updates

For those of you who are fans of custom avatar backgrounds, we have some good news! Previously, these backgrounds cost at least $20 for one pet to wear. Now, since it can be a bit difficult to see your background on certain pets, you can select up to two customs to apply the background to. Please note that these are still permanent attachments and you cannot change your mind or switch them around once you’ve decided on your two pets.

Previously, we also had a policy dictating that sprouts could not be mix-and-match ear and tail lineart, even if the parents were. We have decided to change this, and if your geness contains a mix-and-match pet, there is a chance that any sprouts produced will also have the mix-and-match lines.

CC Shop is open!

On a final note, the CC Shop is currently open! If you were planning on purchasing any CC for yourself or anyone else, now is a great time to do so. :D

Posted 08/01/15
*rolls around news discussion*
Posted 08/01/15

I didn’t even know about the mix-and-match rule.

But I’m glad to hear they’re reconsidering it, hehehe :D

Now time to go get me a rustic garter.

Posted 08/01/15
I never realized there were no mix-match babies… Which seems to be an odd rule considering there’s a baby ineki with a drasilis face. If that’s not mix-matching, I don’t know what is. XD
Posted 08/01/15
Oddly enough, it took me about four hours to realize items were visible on profiles after it was updated (And i was online during that four hours lol)
Posted 08/01/15

Oooh I’m really happy to hear about the mix-and-matching. 0:

...I wonder if there will ever be any site colorations with mixed tails/heads hmmm… Probably not, but that’d be super neat

Posted 08/01/15
[...] there’s a baby ineki with a drasilis face. If that’s not mix-matching, I don’t know what is. XDPooka

I immediately thought of that one as well xD It’s awesome news though! I love seeing the variation in new sprouts as they’re released.

I’m both eager and slightly nervous about the upcoming content changes. Not that I don’t trust the Admin to do what’s best for their site, it’s just change in general can be daunting ^^;

[edit] BTW earlier today I was watching Mythbusters on my laptop and they used the same DING! sound effect as our event bell. I jumped to switch tabs only to remember the event is over….

Posted 08/02/15, edited 08/02/15

Regarding the sprout with the dras face, I believe that one would count as an edit rather than a true mix/match, since otherwise it has both cat ears and tail. A mix/match baby would have ears/face? of one type and tail of another, rather than overall resembling one of the three.

At least… That is how I am interpreting it.

Posted 08/02/15
Crow is correct. The sprout with a drasilis muzzle is more considered a face edit instead of an ineki with an actual drasilis head. The head itself is still a cat ineki head, just with a modified muzzle. :3
Posted 08/02/15
The mice are so adorable! I’m the luckiest girl ever: someone gave me nuggets and now my pet has pets! \o/
Posted 08/03/15, edited 08/03/15
I feel like I’m going to be stuck thinking ‘mice-in-a-cave’ every time I type the site address now. XD Can’t… stop…
Posted 08/05/15

wh—

oh my god

i just got the joke

have i been pronouncing mycena wrong this entire time??

Posted 08/05/15
I have no idea :D I say “my see nah”
Posted 08/05/15
I thought the joke was just.. because mice live in caves? Now that I think about it, my rationale was flawed there. I’ve always said my-see-nah so I didn’t even put two and two together. D:
Posted 08/05/15

I always say it like “My-cena”

like my JOHN CENA

Posted 08/05/15
Mosh, me too. ;-;
Posted 08/05/15
I’ve always said ‘my-see-nah’ myself. Now I wonder what’s more common and all the ways people say it.
Posted 08/05/15
I saw My-Cena for a month or so after joining, but two people who knew better kept drilling My-see-nah, until I started saying/thinking that without even realizing it ._.
Posted 08/05/15

OMG SOMEONE MADE A JOHN CENA JOKE.
DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I’VE LOGGED IN HERE AND JUST HEAR HIS THEME BLARING IN MY HEAD?

Sorry, I’m a closet WWE fan and no one mentions wrestling here so I just figured no one would find it funny :‘D
That got me really excited…

Posted 08/05/15, edited 08/05/15
Wait guys I’m so confused what’s the difference between ‘my-cena’ and ‘my-see-nah’ they sound the same to me aldkjals *^*
Posted 08/05/15
I think the difference (at least for me), is My-ken-a, and My-see-nah
Posted 08/05/15

I always say My-sen-ah in my head.

Because I can. D:<

Posted 08/05/15

@Crow+Firkasa: Yeah, I realize that; I was mostly commenting on how it was odd that mixes weren’t allowed from a literal standpoint rather than artistic… Like, in canon? I think I’m fail at wording what I’m trying to say. XD;; /late reply

I also did not get the mice-in-a-cave thing until I read all these comments… derp :B

Posted 08/06/15

Lol mosh me too XD
I sometimes say Johncena Cave to amuse myself

Posted 08/06/15
Quick little update!

Two new avatar backgrounds are now available in Lands Within! :>
The Volcano was made by feyers and Stormy Sails was made by Tamako! Enjoy! :D

Posted 08/07/15
AHHHHH PIRATE
Posted 08/07/15
Ooh, I really like the volcano! I bet stormy sails will be popular as heck; so many pirate characters floating around mycena. -pokes Ivka-
Posted 08/07/15
Arrr arr arr. >:D Looove the volcano!!! *buys a bazillion*
Posted 08/07/15
That pirate one is really cute, wow. I don’t think I have any characters that fit it, but I may have to get one for myself someday.
Posted 08/07/15

i spy with my little eye… the lands within shopkeeper B)

Posted 08/07/15