15:17 ST
August News Discussion
Or, it could also be a pre-made for a raffle…
Posted 08/07/15
hmm, maybe! but it was uploaded alongside all the other shopkeepers so im making an educated guess :^) i suppose we’ll see soon!
Posted 08/07/15
I’m assuming it might be a raffle pet since it wasn’t uploaded to the Bone Monster’s account like the other shopkeepers were *___*
Posted 08/07/15

well it’s also not in the shop yet, so i thought perhaps they were waiting a bit to implement it. 0:

but it would be neat if it was a raffle pet! its so shiny… :>

Posted 08/07/15

*sneaks in*

It is a raffle pet!  Sunshine just wanted to be cool and hide with amongst all of the NPCs, hehe.  You all just catch everything.. I can’t do anything sneaky. ;O;

Posted 08/07/15

MYLA TRIED TO BE SNEAKY BUT IM TOOOOOOOO QUICK >:DD

/wiggles

Posted 08/07/15
Huzzah! Correct guess! Though, to be honest, Kite was the one who tipped me off to that, so Kite gets the credit. XD
Posted 08/07/15
*noms sunny babe* im feelin’ lucky suddenly I think im ready to BUY SOME TICKETS
Posted 08/07/15

*o*
How convenient that I actually have monies for raffle tickets this time around >:3

Posted 08/07/15
Oh my; it is too pretty. D: *melts*
Posted 08/07/15
Glad someone brought that up, I’d been eying that design wondering who this was now.
Posted 08/07/15

it is SO cool that the NPCs exist as pets on the site now! maybe we will learn more about them in the future :D

im def gonna be stalking the bone monster’s profile!

maybe a link can be included to it on the Cave Entrance page? like you click the bone monster and go to its profile

Posted 08/07/15

Ask and ye shall receive - usually! We have implemented the much-requested mention system at last. You can ‘mention’ any user on site and send them a ~fancy notification~ by typing the following: [@their username] - which will produce something like this! Crow

Some things to keep in mind: Mentions require you type in the username rather than the userid of whoever it is you’re mentioning! If you try to mention in an echo, it will still link directly to the user’s profile, but it will not send the notification. Users will get only one notification per post, even if you mention them, say, 200 times. Finally, once you’ve mentioned someone, the notification is officially out there. Even if you remove the mention from your post, the receiving user will still have the notification until they’ve cleared it!

We hope you enjoy this new feature! Mention to your heart’s content! :)

Posted 08/08/15, edited 08/08/15

Dove
strokes you very gently > v >

Posted 08/08/15

Dove
strokes you too * ^ *

Posted 08/08/15

Myla

mylar please there are children present

Posted 08/08/15
Will there be a way to toggle on and off whether we receive notifications for forum pings? That would be a nice feature to have, too, since I know some people don’t like getting ‘em.
Posted 08/08/15

Dash: There isn’t a settling to toggle them on/off.  We did try to put the notifications in a somewhat inconspicuous location so it wouldn’t be too in-your-face though!

Edit: And there is also a clear all for mass clearing of the notifications.

I’m actually really glad that the option to just link to them using the user id is being kept alongside the mention system. Makes the useful links we’ve been using still useful..
Posted 08/08/15
[@Queen Elsa] isn’t this cool?
Posted 08/08/15

Coolio~ I guess I’ll see how the notifications look once I get one xD

I was just worried about someone waking up to a wall of blue banners at the top of the page if they won a raffle or something, but if it’s actually been integrated in an inconspicuous location that shouldn’t be a problem~

Posted 08/08/15

I edited my last post so that it would notify you, metal.  It should be up by your username! :D

And yeah, the banner notifications would have been too obnoxious.. hahaha.

Myla ???????????????????????????????????
Posted 08/08/15
Saffronic OH MY GOD
Posted 08/08/15
Oooh mention system ovo Kinley Myla
raus: the old system of linking to people’s profiles via [@user number] is being left in place so as not to break all currently existing links :) but note that it still acts exactly the same and will not notify the player, etc
Posted 08/08/15
glitch Good! That’s what I was thinking. :D like raus I won’t notify myself. I don’t want to notify someone I’m just linking to in say, crediting them for art or something.
Posted 08/08/15

Ally Very happy with the new notifications, thank you guys~

Edit: Aww, looks like I’ll have to wait until someone pings me, lol.

Amaterasu this is fascinating OuO
Posted 08/08/15
Ally :D?
Posted 08/08/15