03:28 ST
[EVENT] Stellar Spelunking! (July 10 - July 23)
This event is over, and the raffle has been drawn :)

Hello? Can everyone hear me?

Oh, good. I’m glad that crash didn’t damage my amplifiers too severely. You don’t know who I am, and I don’t know who you are, either. Quite frankly, I don’t particularly care. What I do care about are these odd glowing rocks around me, and also the fact that my vehicle has been treated with such shocking disrespect. Boulders should not float! Neither, for that matter, should land-bound conveyances, but who am I to argue physics when magic is involved?

Look, never mind all that. Just follow the sound of my voice. I seem to have stumbled upon a cavern in which gravity doesn’t exist, and I need your help to take a closer look at these phosphorescent rocks surrounding me. You’ll know you’re in the right place when you feel like you’ve walked into the middle of the night sky.

I would like to state, for the record, that today is July 10th, and I am indeed in full possession of my faculties. I didn’t hit my head that hard when I crashed. For the next several days, until July 26th, I will reward anyone who brings me a piece from the boulders floating around here. I have reason to believe that these rocks contain veins of a very rare ore, one that emits light when exposed to carbon dioxide. I call it starstuff. There seem to be letters embedded in the boulders as well, though I can’t imagine how or why.

I have no need for those letters, so you can give those to your acquaintances as you wish. If you arrange your letters to spell flattering words, perhaps the boulders will reward you with shining starstuff as a token of appreciation. Who knows? Stranger things have happened in the Cave.

In exchange for starstuff, I’ll give you an artifact gathered on my expeditions. I’ve traveled further and wider than you can possibly imagine, and I have a trunk full of priceless treasures. Unfortunately, they’re all tightly packaged, so I wouldn’t be able to tell you which is what. Don’t complain; surprise and suspense builds character. This is an immense cave, and there are more than enough boulders — and rewards — for everyone.

How are you supposed to hang on to a floating boulder long enough to mine from it? I don’t know. Use your imagination! I’ll be right here, clinging to this rock in mid-air until I can figure out how to steer my vehicle back down.

Good luck up there.Captain Lightyear

Words in Space Mini-Event
Tamako is also hosting a mini-event that goes hand-in-hand with Stellar Spelunking! She’s cobbled together a list of 20 space-related words, and the goal is to create and send all of them over the course of the event. :D See the full mini-event post here!

Some quick reminders!
  • This event runs from July 10th at 00:00 until July 23rd at 23:59!
  • The event shop opens on July 15th and closes on July 26th.
  • This event is similar to last summer’s event in that it involves mining up letters and making them into words. The dictionary we will be using is the one that you guys have worked so hard to help us curate over the last few weeks!
  • A very important reminder that you may not use multiple accounts during this event. Or ever. Multi-accounting is not allowed on Mycena Cave. This said, you also may not collect on any account other than your own.
And most importantly, remember to have fun! :)
You can find the event page here!
Posted 07/09/15, edited 07/27/15
Oh! Starstuff! I’m excited! I wasn’t here for last year’s event, so I’m looking forward to it. *u*
Posted 07/09/15
Oh very exciting! I will be waiting with baited breath to for this to open, no sleeping that night it seems.
Posted 07/09/15
Omg yayayay I’m so excited O-O
Posted 07/09/15
oooh, this looks like it will be fun!
Posted 07/09/15
Posted 07/09/15
Posted 07/09/15

Alright I’m not usually big on items but I just saw the event loot… And…well..

I might actually want the items more then the coats this time

I shall grind like I’ve never grinded before!

Posted 07/09/15, edited 07/09/15

o3o I love space-themed things….

-paws at all the colorations- They’re so pretty!!!  Especially the Starchaser.  Wowowowow!! *0*
-goes to check out the items in the puddle-

Posted 07/09/15
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Posted 07/09/15

I was ready to jump and begin xD! Totally forgot that it’s not the 10th yet!

Oh I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with, hope there’s a Saturn ( *cough*hinthint*cough*) xD

Posted 07/09/15
Ooooooo I didn’t know we had site events I’m excited!
Posted 07/09/15
Ooh, 9942 Apophis my precious, must have one it looks so amazing! Plus the items and other pets, so excited!
Posted 07/09/15
Everything is SO ADORABLE, I will be getting no sleep. I need all the things and hopefully more than one of each!
Posted 07/09/15

*jumps up and down in excitement*

YESS!!!!

Posted 07/09/15
Ooh! Sounds fun. *goes to stalk the big inactive button*
Posted 07/09/15
*makes sad face* :C Nephy wants the shiny letters…. *paws at big button* And the shiny stuff… And the Mushrooms… *paws some more* Must click… Must do all the clicks…. *stares like a cat at a Christmas tree ornament…*

Looks like I’ve still got a good twenty hours before the 10th starts.

Also, thank you to those people that mentioned you could preview them in the puddle, I thought I couldn’t find the shop page but if there isn’t a link for it there isn’t a link for it.

Thank you for all the hard work everyone, I’m looking forward to my second event here (not including the birthday cake thing).

Posted 07/09/15

Sooo I just had a look-see at all the event stuff, aaaand my first thoughts can pretty much be summed up as: thisstuffisgorgeous….....helpme. The artists have really outdone themselves here, and Iiiii have to try and get all but one of the event things >__>

*Creeps into this-event-will-be-the-death-of-me corner*

Oh, and Cremuex, don’t know if you’ve discovered it/been told yet, but you can get at item/pet listings here and here. Good for quick-ref, though you’ll still need the puddle to see how items look equiped.

I just have to slide in here and input how awesome the Astral Wraith and Apophis drift. >____>

*Plasma slides back out*

Edit:

*Plasma slides back out again*

Edit 2:

*Plasma slides back out for the last time*

SO exited! My first summer event c;
Posted 07/09/15
I need a million wraiths though, you don’t even understand @o@.
Posted 07/09/15
Not to sure how all of this works but cool
Posted 07/09/15

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!! -squees-

I can’t wait for the event to start!

*Totallyneedeverythingbutprobswon’tgetitall*

Posted 07/09/15
Holy shitsnacks, Astral Wraith is incredible.
Posted 07/09/15
I’m excited for the apophis!! Aughghghgh space is my weakness
Posted 07/09/15
Eeee! Event! Yayyy!!
Posted 07/09/15
Aye aye, Captain! o7 Squirrels reporting in for letter duty!
Posted 07/09/15

No one has said anything about the Starchadet coat yet so…

*slides this in*

It’s amazing. *u*

Posted 07/09/15

Oh golly, finally an event where I have a chance at a drasilis! I’ve been hoping for this since I started on this website :D It’s a pretty one, too.

The cat coat is my favorite, though. It’s adorable.

Posted 07/09/15