08:57 ST
[EVENT] The Drawntlet (July 1st - July 31st)

Crow For the Redux weekly challenge. Just double checking but, can we use almost finished art pieces that were originally drawn for other site competitions as long as we redo them enough to fit the day’s theme we’re picking them for? I got the feeling this was ayes but I hate to find out I was wrong XD!

Also there’s 9 prompt days but only 7 alternatives in the bank. How will we know which words to swap out for which days? Like the word pastiche does it replace day 26 or just any day we want?

Posted 07/26/23, edited 07/26/23

LAsDarkFireWolf
Yes, you can use pieces like that for this challenge! And you can use any of the prompt bank alternatives to replace any day’s prompts - they don’t coincide with any specific day!

Posted 07/27/23

Hawkins
I think this is an error in the coding/point calculation on our end. I know that it was brought to our attention by someone on discord, too - I’m just not sure when/if glitch will have time to adjust it. However, even if the page doesn’t reflect the bonus points correctly, we will still ensure that players who completed the challenges are able to use those points. We just might need to tack them on at the end or something like that.

Posted 07/28/23
The spotlight for week 3 is live! Find the collection on Twitter and Facebook!

Week 3 features work by Nobo, Celestine, Hawkins, Pesky, Purr, Stanari, and teaunicorn! You should all receive a Bag of Wonders shortly, and this post will be updated when they’re sent out! Prizes have been sent out!

We’re almost there! Week 3 spotlights are here and week 4 is almost over - we’re cheering everyone on and hope everyone has had a great Drawntlet 2023!

Posted 07/29/23, edited 07/29/23
The spotlight for week 4 is live! Find the collection on our Facebook page!

Week 4 features work by Tesla, luccamajere, Nebelleben, Laggingbehindreality, Ollieshark, Shigure, LAsDarkFireWolf, Marina and Crycket! You should all receive a Bag of Wonders shortly, and this post will be updated when they’re sent out!

Edit: prizes have been distributed!

And the collection has also been posted on Twitter!

Posted 08/03/23, edited 08/09/23
possibly silly question: is there a reason they aren’t on Twitter?
Posted 08/03/23

Purr
It’s only because I don’t know the twitter login and cien is currently on vacation! I also don’t know how to link to a facebook post, which is why it’s not linked to there, either, lol…

Posted 08/03/23
Stickers have gone out!
Posted 08/03/23
Thank you so much for the spotlight! <3
Posted 08/03/23

edit: (today I learned that you can make blank forum posts)

FAIR ENOUGH I was just curious 8D Thanks Crow (and enjoy your vacation Cien!!!)

Posted 08/03/23, edited 08/03/23
Oh! Thank you for the spotlight!! Congrats to the others as well!
Posted 08/03/23
Oh, wow! Thanks for the spotlight, wasn’t expecting that! :)
Posted 08/03/23
Me?! Woah I’m so shocked and surprised o.o!! -fan girls inside-
Posted 08/04/23
Ah, thank you so much for the spotlight! ^^
Posted 08/04/23
Gold Picture Frames have now been sent out!

If you completed all 31 days and didn’t receive one, please reach out!

Posted 08/04/23

Not frame related xD

Hi Crow just curious how come the last week of completion only received 1 point but the past weeks completions got 3 points?

Posted 08/04/23
The frame is really lovely, btw! I love having new avatar frames.
Posted 08/04/23

LAsDarkFireWolf

I believe it was because of adjustments from feedback last year where people indicated that they didn’t quite feel the prizes they were earning were worth the time, so the point total was increased from 42 (or something similar) last year to 60, which is enough for 2 high tier prizes!

edit: ooh, seconding raus also while I’m here :3c

edit again: oh my god I’m screaming Raph looks like a painting oAo this is a fantastic item thank you so much Myla TuT

it would be really cool if we could equip avatar frames from the community settings menu as well as backgrounds now that we have so many!

Edit a third time: Thank you for the elaboration, Nyf! :3c

Posted 08/04/23, edited 08/04/23
LAsDarkFireWolf, building on Purr’s point, each full week was worth 10 points in total, earning you a variable extra amount as a fun little bonus for doing all the prompts. The last week just so happened to be a very long week (9 days, so only 1 extra point to get to 10 total). I believe the first week (8 days) was only 2 extra points for the same reason!
Posted 08/04/23
The frame looks awesome, congrats to everyone who got one!
Posted 08/04/23

@Purr Thank you, I recall that now that you bring it up.

@Nyfeaena see this is where I get confused. If the week is longer shouldn’t it be worth more points? If each week is 3 completed then having an extra day or two add 1 point to that? I get them wanting to keep the points rounded to 10 a week. But since it’s meant to even out to 10 points a week that’s all.

Posted 08/04/23

LAsDarkFireWolf
The weekly point breakdown is written in the Drawntlet rules as:

Each day for which you submit a piece will earn you 1 point —> Completing prompts for all days in a week will earn you 10 points total.

This means that a full week of entries is worth 10 points, regardless of how many days are in that week. If there had been a week with only three days in it (which i believe we’ve had in the past), and you completed entries for both days, you would have recieved 10 points for the week. Similarly, if you complete a standard 7 day week, you get 10 points. And if you completed the 9 day week, you get 10 points. The bonus isn’t based on how many days are in the week: it’s a flat total for completing all possible entries for the week.

I hope that helps to clarify things!

Posted 08/05/23, edited 08/05/23
Aaaa, glad you’re liking the frame! I love seeing it in use :D
Posted 08/05/23
It does thank you KeeperGreymuzzles
Posted 08/06/23