09:32 ST
Black Lives Matter. Please help.
All donors up until here have received their background!
Posted 06/03/20

I donated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.

I also wanted to mention that if you are considering donating via your company and your company uses Gusto, consider donating through charity websites directly rather than via Gusto. I’ve learned from a coworker that Gusto’s donation partner, FirstGiving, takes a 7.5% service fee (which is more than charities usually have to pay to process credit card transactions). If you can, take a bit of time to double check service fees if going through a 3rd party and also see if donation matching is an option for your situation - I imagine each company has different policies and what may be best for my situation may not be best for yours!

All that said, I’m incredibly glad to see MC’s response and the responses in this thread supporting BLM.

Posted 06/03/20
Managed a second donation, this time to the Anti-Police-Terror Project.
Posted 06/03/20
This is amazing! I donated to Black Lives Matter, thank you for taking a step forward like this and encouraging others to do the same.
Posted 06/04/20
Donated to Anti-Police Terror Project, Black Girls Smile, Black Lives Matter, Color Of Change, and the Movement for Black Lives! Thank you so much for showing your support and posting this <3

odinIshy and Sapphypolygone and anyone else who isn’t in a position to donate, I thought I’d provide some resources I’ve found for ways you can still help!

+ This video is one of the best ways I’ve been told about. You literally just watch the video and don’t skip the ads. All revenue made from people watching is being donated to organizations helping the BLM movement. You don’t even have to watch it if you don’t want to, simply open it in a new tab, make sure adblock is off and that the volume on the video is 50% or higher, then mute the tab and continue about your business while it plays in the background.
+ There are also many, many petitions you can sign.
+ You can call or text to organizations, your local government, etc. to request change and demand justice.
+ You can help to educate yourself while supporting black authors by reading any of these free books
+ Share helpful resources, donation links, and any other useful information. You may not be able to donate yourself, but you can spread the word to others who can!
+ There’s definitely more I could add, but these are a good few examples. And just know, donating is not the extent of helping; not being able to donate does not mean you can’t help. If you’re willing and able to do any of the things above, I strongly encourage you to do so. This isn’t me demanding you do any of these things either, but on the chance you’re feeling helpless like I was a few days ago (only able to donate now cause I got paid today), there are always things you can do <3

Posted 06/04/20, edited 06/04/20
Background has been distributed to all who have echoed up to this point!
Posted 06/04/20
I donated to Anti-Police Terror Project!

Ah more charities!
Sadly, not in the condition to donate. But I’m sharing these on social media (through other people). If ya can’t donate, spread the word!

Posted 06/04/20
Bone Monster Not to be a pain, but I haven’t received a background yet despite sending an echo!
Posted 06/04/20

Kippie Sorry about that! I just sent that over. <3

I am back at the computer and will catch up on this thread now and update the resources!

i donated to anti-police terror project! sending proof now!!
Posted 06/04/20

Riaa
Oh! Neat! That video will be most useful for such endeavors, yes. Thanks for sharin’~

Posted 06/04/20
Donated to Black Lives Matter! Much appreciation to MC for their statements and call to action.
Posted 06/04/20

There was a question about donating on behalf of other players earlier. We will allow this, since we think this would overall benefit the charities if we say it’s fine! To curb potential abuse though, we’re going to set a minimum donation of $5 for donations made on behalf of another player, and also release it to the Marketplace for 14,000 nuggets on September 3rd (though you will still be able to get the item through donating).

If you want to donate on behalf of another player:

• Make sure you have their consent to do it, and make sure your donation on their behalf is at least $5
  • Your post in this thread should be “I donated to [Charity Name] on behalf of Username!”
  • Send a separate echo to the Bone Monster (please do not add to the same echo thread with different donations), and clearly specify who the donation is on behalf of.

Bone Monster will send the item to the player you’ve donated on behalf of so long as they haven’t already received an item from the Bone Monster previously.

As a reminder, there is no minimum when donating on your own behalf.

There was another question about posting to this thread with potentially pertinent information. That’s fine, though please fact check information to make sure it’s correct!

If I missed any questions or any resources, or if you didn’t want your resource to go in the first post, please let me know (echo or posting in here is fine <3)

Background has been distributed to all who have posted + echoed up to this point!

If we missed you, feel free to ping me or to echo Myla!

Thank you for the response Myla!

I’ve donated to Black Girls Smile on behalf of Gabriel, and to the Anti Police-Terror Project on behalf of Lullaby!

Posted 06/04/20
I donated to Black Lives Matter (specifically the Boston chapter, as that’s the most local to where I am). Definitely plan on donating more when I can, but this is a good start.
Posted 06/04/20
I donated to the Anti Police-Terror Project. I am glad to see this means so much to you guys.
Posted 06/04/20
I donated to the Southern Poverty Law Center. This hits close to home and while I was in college I had the pleasure of meeting some of the local organizers. I’m really happy they were included on the list.
Posted 06/04/20

Background has been distributed to all who have posted + echoed up to this point!

Posted 06/04/20
I donated to the Nationwide Bail Fund!
Posted 06/05/20
I donated to the TMCF!
Posted 06/05/20
I donated to the NAACP LDF, and to the ACLU (they’re currently filing lawsuits against force used on peaceful protests, including against the president and attorney general for their assault on protesters earlier this week).
Posted 06/05/20

Posted 06/05/20
I donated to Nationwide Bail Fund! :D
Posted 06/05/20
I have donated to the GoFundMe for Breonna Taylor’s family and intend to donate to one of the larger organizations listed here as well to the extent possible.
Posted 06/05/20
I donated to the Black Trans Fund - Groundswell Fund!
Posted 06/06/20

Posted 06/06/20
i donated to the chicago community bond fund!
Posted 06/06/20
Thank you so much for posting this <3
Posted 06/06/20