07:04 ST
[EVENT] Letters from the Lost (October 31st - November 14th)

“Hear ye, hear ye!”

She’s been yelling in the town square for almost an hour now, rattling a rusty old bell and attempting to wave down anyone who gives her any more than a momentary glance. Despite her obvious years, the old fox ineki seems tireless. You vaguely recognize her — if you recall correctly, she lives alone towards the outskirts of town, in a little old shack that has seen much better days. She rarely comes into town, and when she does she’s always chattering on about spirits and the Lost and other things that most Mycenians prefer not to engage on.

She’s managed to draw a small crowd now, and you find yourself compelled to pause; to listen for a moment and see what nonsense she’s on about today. It’s likely the same morbid curiosity has attracted those around you, but old Griselda nonetheless seems pleased to have an audience. She finally stops swinging the bell, excitedly scanning the crowd as she speaks.

“As we all know, Halloween draws near. The days grow short and the spirits begin to stir — this is a very special time of year, you know! Halloween is the only day the souls of the Lost may return to watch over those they’ve left behind. They watch and they listen — but this year, the Lost will also speak!”

A handful of Mycenians have begun to meander off, but Griselda appears unfazed. She sweeps a paw in the direction of her shack and continues. “A tunnel has opened behind my cottage, leading to a cavern full of Lost Mycenians. While clearing away the debris left behind by the quake, I discovered many stone letters scattered about their feet. It’s a sign! Messages from beyond!”

She’s begun to look slightly crazed, her gestures jerky and wild. More Mycenians have started backing away, drawing something close to desperation into her tone. She reaches for her satchel and pulls out a handful of baubles, offering them erratically to anyone within arm’s reach.

“Help me!” She wheezes, “Help me to deliver their messages! It doesn’t matter to whom. We will clear away the debris and they will be able to rest peacefully knowing their voices have been heard. I’ll even reward you — yes! I have many treasures gathered within my cottage. Far, far too many for one old ineki to keep to herself.”

The mention of rewards seems to have perked many ears, and Griselda seems calmed by her audience’s renewed interest. She grows quiet, her shaky paws reaching for the cane she’d left leaning upon a low stone wall. A tired smile works its way across her muzzle as she begins to hobble her way back towards her home.

“Come to me on Halloween,” she says, “and we will get started.”

Event Information & Reminders
  • This event will be similar to last year’s Harvest Festival event. Players will collect letters from Griselda’s cavern full of Lost Mycenians and use them to build words, which can then be sent to a Mycenian of their choice to earn points. Event points may then be exchanged for various prizes at Griselda’s cottage.
  • Also in the vein of last year, we will have a handful of forum games for players to participate in! These games will award extra prizes from the prize shop, as well one exclusive prize for completing our word challenge.
  • Remember, multi-accounting is not allowed on Mycena Cave. You may not access multiple accounts in order to play this event, nor should you be participating on any account other than your own. Additionally, all words sent to other Mycenians and all forum game submissions must adhere to Mycena Cave’s rules and guidelines.
  • This event begins on October 31st at 00:01 ST and runs through 23:59 ST on November 14th.
  • And most importantly…

See you on Halloween!
Updates

10/31

• The event is now LIVE!  Whoo hoo! Start collecting those letters!
  • Letters from the Lost event forum is up! Feel free to create event-related threads here!  Make sure you unfilter this forum from your recent posts if you want to see what everyone is up to!
  • The Fairgrounds located in the event forum is now open! While you’re waiting for your timer to count down, come and play some of the games that Mabel has prepared for you! :) There are prizes to be had, including the avatar background Ghostly Gathering, which is exclusive to the Fairgrounds games.
Posted 10/24/17, edited 10/31/17
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HYPE
Posted 10/24/17
Griselda is beautiful :o
Posted 10/24/17

!!! Im so excited :D

And I second what Loon said, wow!

Posted 10/24/17

Ooooo
Can’t wait for the event!

Posted 10/24/17
IM EXCITE
Posted 10/24/17
I love Griselda. Old ineki are best ineki <3
Posted 10/24/17
Griselda is amazing and brought to us by Morgan! You can also see Grissy on the Bone Monster’s account. :D
Posted 10/24/17
Bummer, the event runs through the exact time I’m gone for Blizzcon. Here is hoping I can get the little bell to work on my chromebook this time. Love the idea though!! It totally fits a few of my characters!
Posted 10/24/17, edited 10/24/17
Exciting, exciting! I love halloween gear. Very much looking forwards to this.
Posted 10/24/17

When I hear “Griselda”, I always think of the Monkee’s song “My Auntie Griselda” <3

....and for the upcoming event…YEAAAHHHH!!! I’m excited! c=

Posted 10/24/17, edited 10/24/17
Yay! These kind of events are always so fun, its nice to see it tied to the lore too :)
Posted 10/24/17
Aah Griselda is so pretty^^
Posted 10/24/17
I can’t wait! :D
Posted 10/24/17
GET HYPED
Posted 10/25/17
Lovely :3
Posted 10/25/17

D: Poor Griselda!! I would like to give her a hug.

Excited for the event though!

Posted 10/25/17
Heck yeah! My favorite type of event for my favorite holiday <3
Posted 10/25/17
I need to make this my first Mycena Cave event! I have to remember to log on this time. :D;;;
Posted 10/26/17, edited 10/26/17
SPELLING EVENT!! <3 <3
Posted 10/26/17
Oh gosh, It looks like the new event items and event pets can be viewed in the magic puddle. I can’t believe how much I love everything ;-;. I am so thankful I have a week vacation from work during this.
Posted 10/29/17
I. Oh my god those new pets. I want all of them. Curse you, work! I’m never going to have enough time to get that many shrooms… ;~;
Posted 10/29/17
YAY, a spelling event!! :D The items and pets are really lovely. I am wondering what will be toggle-able on the pets, though~ Myla?? o3o If/when you have a minute can you let us know? ouo
Posted 10/29/17
I need both these new coats so much, plus the tattered items. They’re so neat!
Posted 10/29/17

Tamako  All accessories and hair are toggleable.  Expressions are also toggleable on the dras. :)

Large versions of the coats can be seen in the profile of this pet and this pet!

Posted 10/29/17, edited 10/29/17

Myla
Oh! Does that include the dresses on the Dras? :o

(They are very pretty mind you, Rhyme did a fantastic job on those, just uhh not my preference. ^^;

..Actually scratch that, unlikely possibility, but I’d kill for the dress itself to be hideable, but the waist sash to be a separate component.) ;o;

Posted 10/29/17
Ersatz  That includes the dras dress — the waist sash isn’t separate but the sleeves and the neck sash are!
Posted 10/29/17

Myla
Aww dang, tho the neck sash is very promising! Thanks for the confirmation! :‘D

Posted 10/29/17

Ah man, I’m very picky about which dras coats I like but these are gorgeous. So are the ineki! I guess I’m going to have to buy a ton of event items/shrooms since I’m sure my work won’t allow me much time for the event. Better start maxing out again. :/

but also YAY my favorite type of event! *u*

Posted 10/29/17
I am so excited for this event! I haven’t been able to be on as much but I definitely can’t wait to participate!
Posted 10/29/17