08:25 ST
[EVENT] Into the Caves (August 14 - August 28)

Hey guys, it looks like there may be some browser compatibility issues with the slider puzzle. It seems to be working fine in Chrome (at least in my quick testing). If it isn’t working for you now, give Chrome a shot if you haven’t yet.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Staff will look into this as soon as possible!

edit: glitch ping!

editedit: Based on a few remarks it may have been a blip in the system. Oops! Sorry about that folks!

Posted 08/18/16, edited 08/18/16
Ahh yes, that was fixed at about 00:10 server time. Sorry for the inconvenience for those of you who got hit with that!
Posted 08/18/16
I’ve never been able to figure out how people solve slider puzzles, they frustrate me so. :( Is there any sort of trick to them?
Posted 08/18/16

And then when one leaves the page with the puzzle unsolved, the puzzle completely mixes itself up again. :( I had it half solved and took a screencap, but now it’s like it’s started over.

I don’t know if/how there’s a valid way to help somebody out with such a puzzle without it being considered cheating, but if somebody has such a way that isn’t against the rules, I’d appreciate it.

Posted 08/18/16
I’m in the same boat. After trying for about an hour to figure it out, I just can’t do it. Between not being able to download/draw on the maze and not being clever enough for the puzzle, I’m really worried I won’t be able to get much out of this event…
Posted 08/18/16

Apparently it’s allowed to generate impossible puzzles. And no matter how many times I hit reshuffle or refresh the page, I can’t regenerate the dang slider. So to any mods/such, is there a good way to re-shuffle the puzzle? I can’t even check activating a previous event because I’ve completed all of those. And I can’t complete this one because the inversion generated here isn’t capable of being flipped by any means. So I’m basically screwed. (Refreshing or going back to the ‘Put Them Back Together’ screen just generates the same puzzle, it doesn’t make a new one.)

My puzzle looks exactly the same as polygone’s right now. I was beginning to suspect there was no way to solve it.
Posted 08/18/16
Mine looks just like polygone’s and loon’s, is there really no way to solve one like that? I thought I just couldn’t figure it out. o.o (I’ve never solved a slider puzzle before in my life, despite spending hours and hours on them when I was younger, I’ll probably have to leave this activity unfinished x_x)
Posted 08/18/16
Yep, my puzzle looks the same as well, at the same impossible point.
Posted 08/18/16

Chiming in with another person with an ‘impossible’ slider. I’ll keep refreshing and see if I can get a shuffle that works, but it is a little disheartening getting stuck like that. D:

(After 4 refreshes and shuffling and getting stuck, I think I’m gonna give up until something gets fixed. x_x )

glitch

Guess a lot of unsolvable slider puzzles are being generated. Is it possible to give us some sort of Shuffle button so the same impossible puzzle doesn’t refresh every time?

me too! i usually have no problem with sliders, but mine looks just like polygone’s right now and i’ve been playing with it for ages, on two different devices.

it would be nice to get confirmation that this is impossible, and its not just me ^^;;;;

Posted 08/18/16
Just confirming that I also get to the same exact spot at Polygon.
Posted 08/18/16

I have the same as Polygon as well.

Is this unsolvable?

Posted 08/18/16
Have the same as the others above and it is unsolvable. I usually solve puzzle three times harder on other games, and here it’s just not feasible no matter how you begin it :/  Hope there will be a fix !
Posted 08/18/16
I seem to have an impossible puzzle, too. I thought I was just bad at it considering I’ve never solved a slider puzzle, but I end up in the same situation as polygone when trying to solve it.
Posted 08/18/16

A word of encouragement: Hi guys! If yours is all correct with a single piece out of place, that is not inherently an impossible puzzle! Mine looked the exact same way for a while. You’re just not at the last step right there; you can’t easily solve it if you’ve done the whole thing except for one piece. Keep fiddling around - sometimes it feels like you have to mess things ups when really that’s just bringing you closer to the end. Perhaps try Googling a method of solving them if you’re struggling!

Edit: Actually, upon examining polygone’s initial puzzle in more detail, I believe it may just be a single standard puzzle that they’ve given out today? Mine was definitely very similar, if not exactly the same. Nope, apparently mine was just coincidentally similar.

I can’t really chime in on the puzzle issues (I was able to solve mine fine in a few minutes using the I-can’t-really-explain-it strategy of “backwards but counter clockwise”), but I have no idea how the picture depicted indicates with path to take lol. edit; i guessed lol
I am now very glad that I used to play Runescape for several years and solved lots of clues with this kinds of puzzles :D That was fun! But yes I hope the path I took is correct? Who knows haha.
Posted 08/18/16
Posted 08/18/16

Nyfeaena

(scuse my bleary 6 am speech wooo why am i awake) The puzzles seem to be different from user to user. Mine is definitely different from polygone’s.

And yet I’ve reached the same exact impasse and can’t figure out how to solve it. Online guides don’t really help because the vast majority don’t cater to odd sized puzzles (most are for evens like 4x4, 3x3, etc.) I’ve found online solvers with algorithms and such, but they either crash after pending literal thousands of different moves, or give me the “Unsolvable” message. Considering each user has their own randomly generated puzzle, there’s every possibility some of us have unsolvable ones, so unless glitch confirms that we’re being doofs and every puzzle is solvable, I’m calling this a bug ::/

Also didn’t we have a slider puzzle in another event? The kelph event maybe? It was a brownish puzzle. And that one had the same problems too if I remember correctly (or im just crazy at 6 am)

-Sid, yes, I believe there was a problem with the previous slider puzzle! That’s why I figured this one would not have the same issue. :‘D Unfortunately it looks like that might not be the case.
Posted 08/18/16

Hi, everyone!

Glitch has been made aware of the situation and I’m sure he’ll take a look the puzzle as soon as he’s able to! Until then, I would suggest holding tight and not worrying about it too much. :) We will let you know when it’s fixed!

Posted 08/18/16
Thank you for the update! I’ve had years of experience with Wajas’s 4x4 Slider puzzle so this one really flummoxed me for a while until I realized it was unsolvable.
Posted 08/18/16

Knight  LOL that was brilliant xD

Mostly I just kept fiddling with mine until it snicked itself into place accidentally.  Like Jacq, I kept twirling the pieces counter clockwise until some of the pieces started looking like they were supposed to be in that area of the puzzle. 

I have to say, the finished picture is so pretty!!!  Artist take a bow <3

Posted 08/18/16
Posted 08/18/16

Glad I came here to check, turns out mine is unsolveable too x_x Didn’t know I could refresh for a new one!

Nevermind, I must’ve misread. I’ll sit tight until this is fixed.

I’ve pushed an update to the slider puzzles, so if your puzzle was mean then give it another try :)
-Sid Vely

slider puzzles have always been my weak point

edit: aaaaa i did it! i always get so excited when i solve these 8)

glitch

Ooh, thank you so much for trying to fix it. But now the same problem just ends up being on the opposite diagonal of the board: