12:29 ST
[UPDATE] Giant code push (report bugs here)

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we had some scheduled down-time for some maintenance and a code-push last night. Some of the larger effects are:

• Avatar backgrounds now equip to your account rather than your pet. This means that Human Avatars can now use avatar backgrounds! (all avatar backgrounds have been unequipped, so you will need to re-equip them)
  • Pet item layering / management now has its own page. Click the “Manage” button on your pet’s profile to see it
  • Much bigger control over item layering — items can now be layered between certain pet layers. You’ll see some new items in the very near future that take advantage of this!
  • Clearer indication of equipped vs unequipped items in your inventory
  • Background items are fixed behind all pet layers, including in geness images. As such, multiple pets in a geness can all have a background equipped, and the backgrounds will not cover any of the pets
  • The news page has been reworked, and now reflects announcements instead of the news snippets that nobody would ever remember to actually post
  • Various image processing software upgrades which don’t have an immediate visible effect but open the door to lots of fun things we can do in the future

You may recall that the maintenance time was scheduled to be three hours. Of course everything imaginable went wrong and it’s a little over 5 hours in now and I’m slowly starting to wrap up, but we’re back and everything seems to work! I am sure that there will be a few things here and there that have broken as a result. If you find something that is broken or doesn’t work the way it should, please post about it in this thread rather than echoing me.

Thank you so much for your patience, and I hope you enjoy the new updates and features!

Posted 01/19/16, edited 01/19/16

It’s not a big bug, and it might be on purpose, but the user’s online page doesn’t have the little dots next to usernames anymore.

edit: Found another one. We appear to have unlimited fishing turns.

Thanks for much for all your hard work glitch! ;-;
Get some sleep! <3

glitch

Super cool that there’s better coding now :D But I’m seeing a lot of bugs D:

Many items aren’t showing up anymore, including backgrounds and items I assume would need a lot of layering code (like the Beaded Organic Jewelry). Unequipping and re-equipping items fixes it :D

Also, geness names don’t show up as the individual names of the members. They show up as the names of the coats of the members now (like the Wraith Army is just Astral Wraith, Astral Wraith, Astral Wraith, Astral Wraith etc. instead of Gen. Halbreaker, Col. Spacetrace, Mjr. Puffypants, Lt. Foghorn etc.) Mega fix :D

Edit edit: Another one~ The monthly OOTS stuff has gone back to December’s stuff. Guess people can buy the Angelic Solstice again :p Fixed!

EDIT: Live chat ain’t working either :0 I guess it’s up now :D

More edits: Can’t sell from the inventory :V Fixeddddd

Editsssss: Artists credits arent displaying the coats each artists made :P They have been fixed

EEEDIT: Pondshroom paws are clipping through the avatars (like on Lycan’s avatar)

Another edit: Looks like Gabriel’s freshly grown sprout (Spread Your Wings, also named TAILNOMS) has disappeared They’re back!

Found a glitch! Cave In doesnt track nuggets gain. ;o
Posted 01/19/16

Might have found a bug or two. The pet backgrounds Firefly Night, Sparkling Swamp Dew, and Spirit Tree won’t equip to the pets. That and my little mini avatar of my sprout Soul Tamer lost his tiny ghost pup. p.q

Edit: Woops, -sid got to the item issue first XD
But I might have found another myself. Fish and things won’t sell, we just get a 500 server error

Items don’t seem to be equipping to the Kelph at all. And, on that note, items equipped after the update do not display on the pets or in the layering system.

Edit:Trying to sell items from the inventory brings up “server error 500”

When I try to layer an item over the arms or head, the item ends up behind the whole pet instead.

The items equipped before the update also initially disappeared from the pet image, but re-equipping them seems to solve that problem.

Posted 01/19/16

glitch

Not sure if this is supposed to be included in the image layering fix or not, but custom backgrounds still cover pets
Normal background items are working properly, but not the custom backgrounds.

Thanks for all this hard work! Hope you go get some sleep. The problem with doing updates in the middle of the night when no one is around is when things run over you end up staying up way past your bed time. xD

Can’t start a new trade
Posted 01/19/16

I went to try to update layers on my pet Maris and he got so excited he left all his clothes behind! No matter what order, everything appears underneath the pet coat layers.

Edit: However, I edited this pet’s layers successfully, except for the Rosy Cheeks being lost somewhere and unable to be shown. Every time I save it after moving the item, it resets to the bottom, just above the background.

Editedit: Well, something must have been done because while I was playing around with the layers again, it reset completely and everything was visible on both pets.
~~
Bahaha but now my pet has floating active pondshroom feets XD
Lycan’s pet does that as well, and when I attempt to make my pet my avatar, it does the same as -Sid mentioned. I assume this is related.

Found another glitch. For some reason Laeorn’s hair is afraid to come outside the box all of a sudden. She is the only one of my customs to be affected like this. All the others are fine

**edit***

checking Hush‘s icon her’s is doing it as well

With the exception of the pondshroom stuff and avatar clipping things, everything above this post should now be fixed :)

Hina: The backgrounds-behind-everything stuff can currently only affect items, so layers which are part of a pet (e.g. custom backgrounds) do not get pushed behind every pet in a geness image. So at this time, your best bet with a custom background is to re-order the geness to put the one with the bg on the left :)

And with that, I’m going to sleep at last. Good night everyone, and I’ll try and get the rest of the stuff fixed tomorrow when I wake up :)

So I thought I had multiples of a couple of the avatar background items but they appear to have vanished ;u; Understandable since I only ever need one now, but sad cause I can’t sell the spares to other people and get my money back >>;; Is this intentional or a bug? doragon did an oopsies :D

Also some of my items (the globe necklaces, my second year birthday cake, a few others) don’t have numbers to indicate how many I have.

Thanks for workin’ so hard glitch… Though you probably should’ve gone to sleep sooner and left the site buggy for a while. xD

glitch Yeah I had a feeling the custom backgrounds wouldn’t be movable. But thank you anyways for the update

doragon Are you sure you had multiples? The only avatar background that I had multiples of because I displayed my character avatars in my cavern hasn’t lost it’s extra. All of my others appear to be accounted for.  My double was the sweet dreams. Which ones are you missing?

Posted 01/19/16
No bugs to report from me, but a huge thank you to glitch for all your hard work and dedication to make this site more usable & enjoyable for us.  I hope you’re able to get some rest now.
Posted 01/19/16
Just a little bug, but we don’t seem to be able to swap chat room tabs around any more.
Posted 01/19/16

glitch So many awesome changes! The only bug I’ve noticed so far is my little girl Macaria used to have a triple Teal Pondshroom effect, but it seems her paws have gone missing!

Edit: And from my avatar, it seems Uther’s horns have gotten stuck behind the frame!

Emyn’s Avatar no longer has his little star visible outside of the avatar box like it use to be.
and
Celaer’s Avatar now has his ears cut off. ;o;

*rolls off to explore the other updates* ouo!

Posted 01/19/16
Thanks so much for all your hard work, glitch! Yuuki’s lantern is no longer visible on her avatar, but that’s the only issue I’ve found thus far. :)
Posted 01/19/16
Una does not have her pet pig in the avatar box anymore.
Posted 01/19/16

glitch

My custom avatar background is gone? D:

Posted 01/19/16

glitch
Thank you for the great update! I’ve only found two small little (possible) bugs. First, I can’t see one of my pets’ (Mimas) apparel when viewing my profile, I can only see it once I visit the page. Here’s a screenshot:

The second small glitch is that in my Kelph/Ineki geness, the Ineki seems quite… large- to the point their front paws and item are cut off. (link)
Here’s what it looks like to me:

Hina
ah, you’re right… i have a double background (of a different kind) and it’s showing its duplicates. i must have sold my spare of that other one at some point. *scratches chin*

this one’s solved, glitch! xD sorries~

Posted 01/19/16
Just bought a coral spring, and now i can not find it. Is this one of the bugs or is it hiding somewhere else?
Posted 01/19/16

Lisse vanished noooo ;3;

And Riddle’s ear is too big for the avatar box, ahah.

glitch
Sorry to bug you again, but somebody just tried to send my pp and it didn’t go through. Now the pp page isn’t loading for her. We’re not sure if money was subtracted from her card or not since she can’t try again, but I thought I’d let you know that something went wrong there.

And a minor bug: Alice’s doodle magic gets cut off in the avatar box, but that seems to be a common problem.

MORE ICON GLITCHES!!
Foxcat’s Pheobe’s hat is cut, and Prose’s birb is now just fire ;0

Posted 01/19/16

BWAHAHAHAHA OMG XD I love this. ALL THE BALD CUSTOMS!!

But I’ve also noticed random pets have random items missing on the previews.

Posted 01/19/16
doragon: Items for which you have one copy that is not equipped do not show a counter in your inventory. This is intended, but if it’s confusing it’s something I’m happy to revisit :)

Many avatar things are clipping and/or missing from avatars in silly ways — they’re all the same bug and will be fixed as soon as I can get to it

RL purchases were not working (as of about 20 minutes ago) because I forgot to install the software for communicating with our payment processor, so if you attempted to make one it didn’t go through and your card has not been charged. This has been fixed!

Also many miscellaneous other bugs are becoming evident via the log files, and are being dealt with as they come up. Thanks again for your patience everyone :)

Posted 01/19/16

This got mentioned before, but turned out to be user error? Same thing happened to me, so it may not be user error:

Had two of an avatar background, used the ‘apply’ button, and they both vanished from my inventory. Available for use as backgrounds on the ‘community’ settings page, but it’d be nice to have the extra copy of the item back.

Posted 01/19/16