19:24 ST
[UPDATE] Giant code push (report bugs here)

Grim Harvests look hilarious without the neck fluff.

Don’t look, he’s naked. :‘D

Posted 01/22/16
glitch Honestly, I’m not sure but I think so? We have very limited leeway with our computers so I couldn’t be sure, I just know that before the code push I could sell/rearrange items and now i can’t do anything with them. And, I didn’t see the part of Diamond’s post about the profiles, unfortunately I’m home now so I can’t see if I’m having the same issue there as well.
Posted 01/22/16
glitch  I’ll answer for Diamondshine101 since she’s not on at the moment. We are in the same household but different computers and both have the same issues. I checked both and JavaScript is enabled and functioning properly. Still can not click on anything in inventory or profile, so you can’t sell anything from inventory or add etc anything to your animals.
Posted 01/23/16

LittleBitDiamondshine101mosh:
OK! I managed to figure out what’s going on. It looks like it’s happening in some versions Internet Explorer, because it thinks you’re dragging when you click — so when you click it “reorders” your pets / items into the same order as they were, instead of opening the item or navigating to your pet’s profile page. I’m looking into how to convince IE that a click is actually a click, and will update when I sort something out :)

Posted 01/23/16

glitch Oh wonderful! I’m sorry I wasn’t more help in figuring it out haha

Glitch is the best <3

Posted 01/23/16

glitch Thanks so much for looking into it for us. I figured it had to be something with IE being touchy. I logged in on our Ipad a little while ago and everything is fine there so the kiddo will be happy she can play on there until you can hopefully figure out a fix.
Thanks again

Posted 01/23/16
I’ve been trying to reorder the items on my corroded automaton… but it hasn’t worked… it keeps resetting
Posted 01/23/16

i like anya without the shadow/snow bits for some reason…

Posted 01/24/16

i think ppl have touched upon some strange colors before but my golden tiger decided to change color slightly

Posted 01/24/16
I’ve noticed that on a few pets too.. I think it might have something to do with certain background equips? Seems like pets with the phoenix roost or galactic bloom are a bit more saturated than usual.
Posted 01/24/16
So I’m late to the party as usual but can I just say how delighted I am with the option to play with edits on event pets? It’s ridiculously fun; I find myself sitting here clicking and unclicking and giggling quietly to myself. Thanks, admin and artists! This is awesome.
Posted 01/24/16

[@courier] Corvani:

After some experimentation we’ve figured out what’s going on with the colors — the reason why some of you have noticed this and others haven’t is that it only occurs in Firefox, and depends on the colors in the image. For example, if you view these two images (1 2) in Firefox, you’ll see the saturation differs between the two.

What’s happening is that by default Firefox “improves” images by using color profiles you have installed on your computer in order to adjust the colors of images it displays. You can see more details, including how to switch this feature off, at this page. I’m also trying to see if there’s something we can do on our end to prevent Firefox from doing this… presumably such a thing must be possible given that it didn’t used to happen when we used older versions of our image processing software.

Posted 01/25/16, edited 01/25/16

Wow, I had no idea that Firefox had started doing this, even though it’s my primary browser. I opened up the same image in Chrome and overlaid the two in Photoshop, then turned one layer on and off. Sure enough, the difference in saturation is extremely subtle for me, but it’s there.

Kind of miffed (at Firefox) that there isn’t a more obvious, straightforward option to turn this on/off.

Posted 01/25/16, edited 01/25/16
Ohh whoa! That’s really weird. Now that you mention it though I haven’t noticed that issue on my phone. Guess I’ll have to fiddle with FF tomorrow on my pc. Thanks for the help!
Posted 01/25/16
Good news! It looks like by packaging a color profile into each image, we can force Firefox to use the one in the image instead of whatever it finds installed on your computer. I’ve just pushed this to all pet images, so Firefox should be displaying pet-related images correctly now :)
Posted 01/26/16, edited 01/26/16

Pets on profile and coat pages aren’t loading for me right now. I’m using Chrome on an iPod. I’ll do some fiddling and see if it’s on my end, but I just wanted to throw this out here in case it isn’t just me.

Cleared my cache and images are loading again. They seem to be taking longer than usual but it’s not a big issue.

Probably unrelated to the code push since it just happened today, but I’ve got several items showing up in the fungimental magic shop (halos, espiritas and magical streaks).
Posted 01/26/16
malkav We’ve done some shop reorganizations! Seems like our main street decided to consolidate and divide the stocks of some stores so Twinkletoes could stop manning the Lands Within shop!
Posted 01/26/16

Ahhh looks much better thanks glitch!

i too am confused that there’s no obvious way to know about that/change it on firefox… its my primary browser too lol

Posted 01/26/16

It seems as though the Spirit Tree has disappeared from the Magic Puddle? (or I can’t find it, at least)
I’m not actually sure if this has to do with the code push, but I only noticed it after so I figured I should mention it.

EDIT: It seems that it is also missing from the Items page under the Help section

Posted 01/26/16, edited 01/27/16
Titan I don’t think any backgrounds are in the magic puddle?
Posted 01/26/16

Tarot
They are! Or at least Firefly Night, Galactic Bloom, and the Sparkling Swamp Dew are. I’m not sure if there are any others?

Posted 01/26/16
Titan Oh snap.. I tried looking for the tree bg the other day as well and I just assumed the others weren’t there I guess :0 !
Posted 01/26/16
With the new code, is it possible to be able to change the order in which pets appear in a geness image? I’ve been hoping for that for a long time.
Posted 01/26/16

Chimerical you can do that from the page of the geness you’d like to modify. There’s a tiny little “rearrange” link :)
check under “Geness:” for instance!

Edit: /throws my fingers at Myla and cackles

Chimerical:  It’s been possible to reorder genesses before this push! :)  Go to the geness’ page you’d like to reorder and under “Geness” where it lists the pets names, you’ll see blue text that says “reorder”!

Edit:  KING’S TOO FAST *noms on her fingers*

I just realized that the last five OotS coats have all been different species. All we need is for March’s monthly coat to be a sea Kelph >.>
Posted 01/26/16
I’m not sure if this is a glitch per say, but when you go to trade drifted pets they show up as undrifted in the trade preview.
Posted 01/27/16

It seems that Spirit Tree does not show up in the Magic Puddle or the items list…

Posted 01/27/16
Catbee:  It’s back now! :D
Posted 01/27/16