14:36 ST
January News Discussion
Welcome to January!

We’re ringing in the new year with King’s fiery Winter Phoenix coat, along with the Phoenix Spark and our first ever OotS background item, Phoenix’s Roost! These may be purchased in the Out of the Shadows shop until the end of the month.

Wrapping up Secret Santa

Our second annual Mycena Cave Secret Santa has officially concluded! :) All gifts should have been delivered by now, and staff will be investigating any reports of flaky Santas that we have received.

We loved seeing everyone share the gifts they received from their Santas, and we’re so grateful and proud to have such a generous and warm-hearted community! We hope that everyone had a fun time with the event!

Cuisine Competition: Homey Edition

We had many delicious entries into our Cuisine Competition! The winners have been announced, and if you ever find yourself feeling particularly hungry, you may peruse the player-submitted recipes here and staff-submitted recipes here.

Thank you to everyone who entered and helped judge!

BBCode & Trading system improvements

Several improvements have been made to the trade interface and the way that certain BBCode is displayed! The changes to BBCode largely deal with minor layout issues, and you may find that you have to readjust profiles if they relied on specific spacing that has now been altered.

More information on these updates can be found here and here.

Paw Prints

We introduced the successor to our Custom Credit system — Paw Prints! This system was designed with the results of our recent CC survey in mind, and should address many of the issues that we faced under our previous system. Paw Prints cost $5 USD each.

Major changes with the Paw Print system include:

• PP is applied to a specific custom/edit/sprout order instead of the account itself.
  • All prices have been consolidated into PP, rather than using two payment forms (CC & USD).
  • Orders may now be held outside the queue for up to six months to allow time to accumulate any needed PP.
  • Since they are constantly cycling out of the economy by design, there is no need to limit the amount of PP in circulation. This means that the PP shop will always be open. :)

You can read more about this update in-depth in this thread.

Upcoming: Improvements to item code

Glitch has been hard at work making improvements to our item coding. While not quite ready for release yet, these changes will provide support for multi-layer items (such as an item that needs to go behind and in front of something else) and the ability to layer items between specific pet layers — for example, the ability for an eye-related item to go above the eyes but below the hair. In addition, this will place pet background items behind all pets in a geness image, rather than having some of them partially overlapped as is the case currently.

We’re very excited about what this new code will mean for our items equipping system, and can’t wait to share it with you all once it’s ready!

Upcoming: Winter activities!

We’re working on putting together some activities for January and February! :) More information will be available when we get a bit closer to release, so keep an eye out!

Posted 01/01/16

Awe Yis. I was wondering when or if we were getting a Wintery event thing!

OUO

Posted 01/01/16
Same as Lady Hawkwing. I’m really excited for this next one. vibrates with exitement
Posted 01/01/16
Winter activities makes me so excited!!
Posted 01/01/16

I’M PUMPED FOR THE ITEM THING.

Although I don’t have many problems with the items as is, it’s going to be a cool addition! I also like that you guys are thinking of the hair and face and how that will affect layering with eye pieces. And I’m hella ready for the overlapping backgrounds in genesses to go away, and to just remain backgrounds.

Posted 01/01/16

Winter event! I can’t wait :D

And the item thing is very cool, definitely something to look forward to.

Posted 01/01/16

Item layering yay! This means that pieces will not be cut out of the item to make the appearance of layering, right? So that pets without a certain feature will not have a piece cut out of their item, or pets with an extra feature will not have an item covering it where it shouldn’t.

Also excited for Winter Event!

Posted 01/01/16
The new item code will make some items more compatible with edited pets because in some cases, we won’t have to cut out pieces of the item as we do now (e.g. wings will be able to go behind the pet rather than being on top with chunks cut in order to make it look like it’s going behind).  It won’t fix everything, since our pets aren’t infinitely layered (e.g. something held in the pet’s hand will still be cut out since we don’t have individual finger groups), so heavily edited customs will likely still have item compatibility issues!  Overall I’m super excited we’re actually using the layering system we came up with in the very beginning! :D
Posted 01/01/16

Eeeep, I’m glad there’s going to be an event! Right when I (re)join. :D Yay!!

January colors are sooo pretty. x_x *gets to Cave In* Must… Have….!

Posted 01/01/16
Ahhhh want phoenix friend, but also need to save for white wind shroom. -3- Decisions, decisions…
Posted 01/01/16
Myla Will this mean the Fragile wings will not longer have the cut-outs on the Frazil?
Posted 01/02/16
Malis Yes, Fragile wings will likely work on Frazil (and other edited coats). :D It might take a bit of time to update the items positively affected by the update, but I’ve already started working on some of them since we’re going through them for the kelph compatibility anyway, haha.
Posted 01/02/16, edited 01/02/16
Myla Whoops! And I sold my extra pair. Ahh well, good to know things will get fixed in that manner!
Posted 01/02/16
Hello birthday month!
Posted 01/05/16
I’m looking forward to the Winter Activities! :D
Posted 01/08/16

It’s kind of a small thing, but the little hump on the Phoenix Roost item on Dras is a really nice touch.

So uh…thanks for that. It looks great. :)

Posted 01/15/16

*gleefully points everyone in the direction of the item directory*

contact lenses! gotees! antlers! horns!

thank you based bone monster

Posted 01/20/16

-steals all the antlers-

Posted 01/20/16
there are also wigs!! hair for everyone!!
Posted 01/20/16
I want all of those things… Specially the tiny horns and the black wig, I have characters who need those.
Posted 01/20/16
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW ITEMS. -plays in the magic puddle for weeks-
Posted 01/20/16

Oh gosh, so many items o.o

(Contacts though! CONTACTS.)

Posted 01/20/16, edited 01/20/16

I have a vague temptation to cry a tiny bit over the gazes (I only needed nine pondshrooms for blue eyes…NINE. @.@) but then they are definitely different from the contacts and I think I like the slightly darker blue and the art differences in them anyhow, so hey. But it does make me curious. Are there any other differences between the gazes and pondshrooms other than those two? I am very curious about this now, just in an idle respect. :)

(And I’m really happy to see ‘contacts’ become available, either way! All this stuff is really neat…I wonder if a new shop is in the works…a boutique perhaps? ;o)

Posted 01/20/16

Honestly I am disappointed in myself that the goatees are most important to me since one of my characters desperately needs facial hair. I’ll get super duper excited about the rest later.

I also love the boutique idea!! *u*
I hope we do get a new shop, and a new snazzy shopkeeper maybe…

Posted 01/20/16
omg all the new items look so cool!!!! i love all the horns so much!!
Posted 01/20/16

THE BEST PART ABOUT ALL OF THIS IS UNAGI WITHOUT HIS HAIR

Posted 01/20/16, edited 01/20/16

This would be really cute if her leg weren’t missing a huge chunk :|

Posted 01/20/16

-slams fist-

THIS IS LIKE HER EXACT HAIR STYLE ITS PERFECT
WHO NEEDS HAIR EDITS
I’M SCREAMIN
I mean the red isn’t quite right bUT STILL.

Posted 01/20/16

Lumi looms is hiding funny color bleeding behind all her hair, lol.

Posted 01/20/16

brb dying

Posted 01/20/16