02:22 ST
[SURVEY] Lets talk about CC! Results posted!
Juney Hey you don’t get to keep all the data to yourself. x3 There are curious minds! I wanna know what the MC community is thinking!
Posted 12/02/15

I don’t have internet for two days, and I come back to find I win a raffle? That’s pretty incredible, thank you.

And then I open the capsule to find a mushroom I’ve wanted from day one? I think I need to be away from the internet more often…

Posted 12/03/15

I totally forgot about the CC survey.

So I go online to find a sparkly Cave Capsule?! That feeling that incredible.

And then Siberian Squill Mushroom? Ohmigosh yes! It’s so beautiful…

Thank you so much!

Posted 12/03/15
Ok, I have a quick question, Can CC be used to get a sprout?
Posted 12/03/15

Sage14
Yes, CC can be used to purchase a sprout.

Posted 12/03/15

Crow
Awesome, thanks!

Posted 12/03/15
Custom Credit Survey - Feedback Summary

First off, we are very pleased we included all players in this survey, because a whopping 60% of all players indicated they do not interact with Custom Credit at all. We can’t clearly estimate the fraction who does not interact with CC because the shop hasn’t been open or because they interpreted ‘interacting with CC’ as ‘I spend USD’, but from the portion of survey replies that gave us other reasons for not interacting with CC we can see it is a sizable group. These players gave us a lot of insight in why they choose not to interact with CC at all, and we were very pleased to be able to read your thoughts.

What kind of use do you make of Custom Credit?

• A little over half of players who indicated they interact with CC indicate they cannot afford or choose not to spend real life money.
  • 4 out of 10 players indicate they use CC as a piggy bank.
  • 1 in 3 players indicate they use CC to offset part of the cost of an order, and 1 in 3 players sell CC for in-game gain.

How do you use obtained Custom Credit?

• Players more often buy customs for their existing characters than for new characters.
  • Players more often use CC for customs than for sprouts.
  • Players are very divided about the use of CC for sprouts; These replies were approximately even.
  • Players rarely use CC to purchase edits for existing customs or sprouts. A caveat we feel should be added is that this is likely highly skewed by the youth of the edit queue.

What are your reasons for purchasing Custom Credit with real life money?

• A little over three quarters of players that spend real life money indicate they do this because they enjoy the benefits it gives them in-game.
  • 8 out of 10 players that spend real life money indicate they do this because they enjoy helping other players get customs.
  • Nearly 84% of players purchase CC because other players selling things they want ask for CC.
  • The perceived higher value of CC over gems is an important factor for players that spend real life money.

Onwards to the meaty bits.

Do you have other goals for using obtained Custom Credit?

• I use it to pay for sprouts because the lack of artistic influence feels too risky to purchase with real life money.
  • Giving the artists free reign can get me a custom that will inspire a completely new character.
  • Buying/trading for extra CC for friends.
  • Helps with the cost of real life currency exchange (the cost associated with transfers between different currencies).
  • Offset money for a later purchase.

Are there other reasons you purchase Custom Credit with real life money?

• Desire to support the site. (<3! Major oversight on our side for not adding this one, ha!)
  • More value for USD than in other games.
  • More value for my time than grinding (i.e. if I work an hour, I get paid more in USD than I could earn grinding games).
  • Using favorable currency exchange rates rather than risking an unfavorable exchange rate when my order hits the front of the queue.
  • Gifting friends.
  • Purchasing art.

Is there a reason you do not interact with Custom Credit?

• I think CC is too confusing/I don’t understand CC.
  • My visits to Mycena Cave are too irregular/sporadic; I am not invested enough to dedicate to trading for CC.
  • I have not come up with a design (yet).
  • I am new to Mycena Cave(, and have not decided if I want to spend real life currency yet).
  • I am not interested in anything that CC is used for.
  • I have too many other goals in Mycena Cave/not high priority for me.
  • I find it too hard/stressful to bother trying to get CC.
  • I am wary of spending real life money online/on games.
  • I am too poor in-game to trade for it.
  • Customs are not worth their cost to me.
  • I do not feel I need a custom to enjoy Mycena Cave.
  • I straight up pay for a custom with real life currency.
  • I do not have PayPal/a way to pay.
  • I live in Europe and cannot purchase CC when the shop is open due to the extra human interaction step involved.
  • I am underage.

Other common remarks

• Many people express the desire for CC to be tradeable.
  • Many people express frustration with CC being the only currency players seem to accept for trades.
Posted 12/08/15