08:25 ST
January News Discussion
Myla I have a question! If we take our custom through the edits queue, can we get the ‘missing chunks’ replaced to more effectively use the new item system?
Posted 01/20/16

Malis: Yes indeed! :)  It’ll be at least 1 PP to get the files updated, but if more extensive work needs to be done, then feel free to echo an artist for a price estimate!  Newer customs are likely to be more compatible and in need of less work to make things compatible than older customs since we weren’t really keeping this sort of system in mind at all back in the day.

General Note Edit:  And just to clarify, customs will always be just that — customs!  Any edit that you get to a custom risks not being compatible with items and, in making a custom edit, our aim is to make it to your specifications without the worry of whether site items will be compatible.  The fact that the new item system works better with some custom edits is great, but our goal is really to make items integrate better with official site coats since that is a much more sustainable way to operate.  You’ll see some other cool upcoming features that help make site coats even more flexible (go look at my pet Kibi for a sneak peak) and more adaptable to player’s characters and ideas!

Posted 01/20/16, edited 01/20/16
Ohh, yayay~ Question I was gonna ask was already asked~ n u n
Posted 01/20/16
*gasp!* Myla what kind of a site are you running here?!?! *covers the nakey ineki*
Posted 01/20/16
It’s the heat of winter!  What can you expect of one so furry? :D
Posted 01/20/16

Oh neat!  It’d be cool to have edits be removable. :D
I mean… idk if I’d… ever do that… but still neat to be able to.

On a somewhat similar note, would it be possible to adjust the edit layers on a custom?  Like, the order they’re in?  I guess some of them wouldn’t work depending on the circumstance, but I was tinkering with possibly putting a Bottle of Stardust on my strawberry baby but since all of her edits are really low on the layer list the sparkles were only visible on like, her back legs and tail once they were under the edits, which isn’t really ideal :‘D
I know that her bow might not work but.  The tail bangles surely don’t need to be that low on the list, do they?
Not a big deal since I’m not crazy about the stardust on her anyway.  I just thought that was odd and wondered if like, for future reference, that would be something I could toss at someone and have fixed.

edit: in retrospect I suppose that was already basically answered by the ‘sometimes things just won’t work with customs’ idk I guess that just bums me out since I thought it’d be easier to do now!

Posted 01/20/16, edited 01/21/16
Hawkins:  If you were to put strawberry through the edit queue, we could move all of your edits to the top of the pet so that the stardust item would work.  The trade-off with that would be that your edits might not work as well with other items (like if you wanted to put an item below the arm but above the ribbon tail, that would no longer be possible if the ribbon tail was above the pet).  Alternatively, you could put strawberry through the edit queue to receive an edit similar to star dust!  We’re happy to work with you to make your custom the way you’d like — there’s almost always a way to figure something out, and we’ve successfully worked with users in the past to make customs look good and work with certain site items that they really wanted to be able to equip. :)
Posted 01/21/16, edited 01/21/16
With the new horns, will Drasillis with non-standard horns have them replaced as well? I see in the magic puddle that the Orange Calcite crystal horns block the Spike Horns rather than being replaced like on other coats. It seems like they should be the same layer as all the other horn-like appendages drasillises have.
Posted 01/21/16

I’m sorry this is hysterical. The stoat is playing in her hair clippings!

Hina Sorry, whatever you’re amused by, all I see is a Cave Painting Ineki. o.o Oooooh, oh hahaha, that is adorable! :D

I’ve been laughing at this for about ten minutes.

Posted 01/21/16
/ stares at new loose braid wigs *^*
Posted 01/25/16

https://www.mycenacave.com/shops/storefront/vals-body-modifody

How about you just take all my nuggets and give me one of everything?

Posted 01/25/16

Eee, I can’t wait for this shop to open! I need so many contacts. o:

and Val is so dang cute oh my goshhh…. *u*

Posted 01/25/16
Huh? New items? Ooh!!!! NEW ITEMS!!! Hair! Finally!!!
Posted 01/25/16
Posted 01/25/16

I’m shrieking

Val though, 8)

Posted 01/25/16, edited 01/25/16

Sad to see the previous Lands Within shopkeeper (the little zebra) go but I’m excited :D

Edit: wAIT. Does this mean we can have different colors of the current bg items? :O

Being able to “drift” items would be awesome BD. Love the new shopkeeper’s design!
Posted 01/25/16
Jessamyn, the new Lands Within NPC, was re-vamped with a background so she’d be more fitting as an NPC for that shop.  I hue shifted Spirit Tree in Photoshop just so it’d look better on her (so she has a semi-custom item — items aren’t driftable)! :)
Posted 01/25/16

Myla
i am excited at the prospect of pet BGs potentially being offered in that shop though… is that a possible thing for the future? :D

Posted 01/25/16
doragon:  Yes!  Lands Within will eventually hold avatar backgrounds and pet backgrounds. :D
Posted 01/25/16

Not that it matters too much because we can’t buy anything yet, but I noticed the Black Spike Horns were missing from the new shop. (Shhh totally not stalking it because I want to buy things.)

I’m excited to hear pet backgrounds to be eventually added to the Lands Within Shop, though :D