14:42 ST
[UPDATE] Improvements to the trading system

Hi everyone!

We’ve pushed a largeish change to the trading system! The main purpose of this was to fix a few idiosyncrasies our old system had. For example, if you traded an item, and then this item was eaten or opened or otherwise stopped existing, you’d have a broken entry in your trade history. Or if you traded away a pet, and then later this pet ate a mushroom and got a different coat, if you went to go look at the trade it would show you having traded away a pet of the new coat. It was also very cumersome to navigate your completed trades.

The main difference that you’ll notice are:

• A cleaner interface
  • Trades will show a “snapshot” of pets and/or items
  • Generally snappier response times
  • More descriptive notifications

This “snapshot” thing in a nutshell means that, say I trade away Plarpalarp #174, an active Spring Sprouts drasillis). If I (or the person I trade with) views this completed trade, we will always see Plarpalarp #174, an active Spring Sprouts drasillis (even if, at some point in the future, pet #174 gets renamed to “Goober” and mushroomed into an active Sunbeam ineki).

The URL has also changed, it can now be found at:
https://www.mycenacave.com/trades

I hope you like the update! :)

EDIT: note that pet effects like driftshrooms / pondshrooms do not appear on the pet icon in the trade — but of course you can still see them if you click on the pet to navigate through to the pet’s profile page :)

Posted 12/22/15, edited 12/22/15

thanks for the updates glitch! hopefully scrolling my “trades” page will be less of a pain in the caboose now… xD

so when are we getting ‘add multiple items to a trade’ options? >> is difficult to throw 30 fish at someone one by one

edit: glitch
uhh… i had a bunch of pets and currency sitting in an incomplete trade, and… they’ve all vanished now :D;;; is there something i’m missing, or is this a bug? the trade is still there, just all the contents are gone.

doragon: yep there’s a lot of data to parse through, and that will take some time. Orders which were pending at the time of the push will find their things populate over an hour or two :) Sorry I forgot to warn about this.

EDIT: looks like the data’s done migrating :)

glitch
ah, yes thank you for the explanation :> glad it was known, instead of being an unforseen bug!

Posted 12/22/15
Don’t worry, doragon, I just ate them, that’s all. Yummy pets :3
Posted 12/22/15
Ah! These changes are wonderful. ;;
Posted 12/22/15
Shima I was briefly considering claiming that yes indeed, the “Generally snappier response times” was accomplished by simply throwing away all pets / items / etc to be traded, because it’s a lot faster to just delete things than do reasonable things with them… but then I worried that someone might take me seriously >>
Posted 12/22/15
glitch Oh man, the salt would be unreaaaaal.
Posted 12/22/15
Hahahaha
Posted 12/22/15