00:42 ST
[EVENT] Marcy's Harvest Festival (Oct. 31st - Nov. 9th)

Thorne; Well! Some software for the forums decided it needed to update, and it needed to update bad (imagine getting stuck in traffic when you have to go to the bathroom).. ..and when it did, it broke things (imagine arriving at a bathroom & it getting clogged) so severely, that it made the rest of the place explode (overflowing toilet).

It’s working again now, though :D

Posted 11/02/15
That is quite a lovely analogy o.o but I’m glad everything’s okay.
Posted 11/02/15
Myla 
Are we discussing the mycellium or the mushroom (fruiting bodies)? I have books and references at the ready I can type verbatim, just need to know which you are looking at? 
Posted 11/02/15

@OregonCoast

I’m talking about fruiting bodies since I think that’s probably what the average person thinks about when they hear “mushroom”,  plus I would guess that the mycellium would be the least likely structure to be affected by light considering it is underground. :D I’d love to see the references mostly to satisfy my own curiosity!  Let’s do it via echo so we don’t get too off track here XD <3

Posted 11/02/15
Was counting between 2nd and 3rd ranks and I just leveled up so here you go for anyone curious how long it takes to get to rank 3 from 2:
24 Crows. Possibly 25 if I missed one, which I might’ve oops.
Posted 11/02/15
Reached Strawman Strangler and still at zero bags… D: I hope there’ll be some other way to obtain them later on since not everyone is the luckiest with RNG drops. *casually borrows luck from the people who’ve had 3+ drops*
Posted 11/02/15, edited 11/02/15

Wait people have had over 3 drops how?? o-o

*still has zero bags*
/sads

Posted 11/02/15
So I’ve just failed a question, but I couldn’t find any source that gave an exact answer from either of the three choices?

“It thrives at 70 °C (158 °F), but can survive at temperatures of 50 °C to 80 °C (122 °F to 176 °F)” is what Wikipedia and all the other sites I checked say. Maybe I just didn’t look hard enough though. >v>

Posted 11/02/15

polygone Kiwi
Don’t worry, friends! I also had no luck with bag drops. ;w;
But a very sweet anon sent me a bag. (If I will get some more I will throw them at people without any! >A<) I am sure though we will get at least one bag! <33

I’m curious if anyone has gotten a mushroom out of a bag? *continues the hunt for a wisp*
Posted 11/02/15

@Rhyme It says “Hottest temperature” so you’d choose the highest one listed that Wikipedia would also list, which in this case is 80. :)

And I too have had 0 bag drops. Very sad :(

AestheticAcoustic
Yeah, I feel a bit silly for not going with that option, I just didn’t see anywhere say that it can be more than 80 grades. ^^;

Posted 11/02/15
Phew. I thought I was the only one that’s so unlucky not to have any bags dropped. xD
Posted 11/02/15
Myla Got this (which is pretty much unidentifiable). Correct answer was ‘black magical streak’
Posted 11/02/15
Rhyme AestheticAcoustic I had that question and got it wrong as well. The problem is that they ask for the hottest temperature, and then give you a temperature range to choose from. The bacteria can survive at 80° is correct, however it cannot survive in that range at all. In my opinion, either the answers should be switch to single temperatures so you can answer the question as worded now, or the question should be rewritten to ask for a temperature range.
Posted 11/02/15

So, I just got to this tier, and I only now noticed something quite cute just below where it states the Tier you’re on and prizes… *copypaste*

“Reward Tier: Baleful Brawler
You’ll receive a Pumpkin Medal, PLUS three other randomly selected event items (no duplicates)

Whoa there, you just got started here. Defeat more scholarcrows to increase your reward tier!

That! The bold part! :3 I LOVE this! It’s still SUPER DUPER vague, but it’s so cute how it changes every handful of scarecrows you beat to tell you your approximate status until you get to the next tier! Whoever thought of/added this, ILU, and this is cute!!

Posted 11/02/15

I know it’s so cute??

Mine says “Brainin’ like a boss! Keep it up! Defeat more scholarcrows to increase your reward tier!”

Posted 11/02/15
Maybe one day a bag will drop for me D’: * is a Strawman Strangler and still no bags*
Posted 11/02/15

Reward Tier: Strawman Strangler
You’ll receive a Pumpkin Medal, PLUS five other randomly selected event items (no duplicates)

Freeeow! You’re over halfway there! Defeat more scholarcrows to increase your reward tier!

I have missed a lot of questions today for what little time I have played. I hope I level up soon.

Posted 11/02/15

I ended up staying up late because I was working on a lab report last night.
So it’s kind of nice to have hit Strawman Strangler before 5pm, which is hours before I was pulling before.

Posted 11/02/15

Chimerical it’s a gilded spider mushroom ^^

edit: someone else told me the image is broken for them? I JUST got that same image so.. maybe it’s a magic puddle type deal.

here’s what i see:

oh LOL. Guess the URLs are being reused, because when I had it, it was pretty much a black square. :p
Posted 11/02/15
The image ‘link’ are reused so if you want to ask for help you need to reupload yours!
Posted 11/02/15

I was wondering how rare it is to get an item….
and how many questions to the pumpkin tier….
I’ve been answering when i can but still havent won anything. or changed tier

Posted 11/02/15
Woohoo! Straw Soldier! not too bad considering work and the fact i wasnt on much today.
Posted 11/02/15

Oooh Baleful Brawler
I’m loving these puns omg
I hope I can still make it to the final rank, all day exams yesterday set me back by a ton ;-;

Posted 11/02/15

Oh I just got a stupid question/answer set and I wish I’d screenshotted it.

Essentially it went:

Question?

>Answer A
>All of the above
>Answer B

~~~~~

....only answer A was above “All of the above”, and I knew A was right so I went with A. APPARENTLY the answer was All of the above, which I’m assuming is a bug from the questions being randomized and the question wasn’t set up for that. >_>

@Mods you should probably fix that somehow…possibly by changing it to both. Question in spoiler tag:

Riddle me this, puny ineki,
Some fungi produce toxins that people use as what?

You said “Antibiotics” but the answer was “All of the above”

Posted 11/02/15
polygone Thanks for bringing it to our attention! We’ll have those fixed ASAP - sorry for the inconvenience! :C
Posted 11/02/15
Awww. :c Winning streak finally ended when asked to identify a Zebra Plushie. I knew it would be one of the item identifications that would do me in. :P
Posted 11/02/15

THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST QUESTION IN EXISTENCE
I’m ScreaMING

Posted 11/02/15