22:53 ST
October News Discussion
Oh, whoops! It’s in the help menu at the right, in any case :)
Posted 10/14/15
I never noticed how perfect and distinctive this version was (below). It’s beautiful. *-*
Posted 10/14/15, edited 10/14/15
I had to make a very minor change on the river kelph lineart where I forgot to erase a bit of overlapping fin.  You may want to re-save the lineart if you’ve already nabbed it. :)
Posted 10/14/15
Nov Oots preview pls
Posted 10/14/15
frieza:  Since October has 31 days, the previews will likely be on the 25th or 26th (We usually go for ~5 days before the 1st)!
Posted 10/14/15
I don’t think this question was ever answered earlier in the thread, but is there still gonna be a halloween event this yr? ;0;
Posted 10/14/15

Tarot
The only upcoming event that’s been announced is the Harvest Festival - which starts right near Halloween, at least? :‘D

Posted 10/14/15
Crow it starts after :c oh well, i’ll keep hoping. i won’t be devastated if there’s no hallo event but it would be really nice ;0;
Posted 10/14/15

Since we aren’t having a Halloween event this year maybe we could get a chance to buy the Halloween Mushroon from the Fungimental Magic shop instead? *is still making grabby hands over those colorations from the first Halloween event* Or maybe some sort of a spooky grab bag kind of thing could be sold in one of the shops and could contain some random item from previous halloweens?

Please?

It wouldn’t be as fun as the Halloween events were, but we’re getting the harvest event right after Halloween so really I think maybe the biggest thing we’ll be missing out on will be the spooky vibe and the (possible) chance at previous Halloween mushrooms. Having the mushroom/an item in the shop, even just one in there per person, would give us that and less for people to complain about.

Maybe. I could be totally wrong. I’m going to go back to hiding in my little corner now.

Posted 10/15/15
Let’s just see what the harvest event is first.
Posted 10/15/15
Lilael i think you’re missing the point, the harvest event is after halloween..
Posted 10/15/15
I just want a chance for the Halloween event colors, the only two event coats I’m missing (other than upcoming ones :D;;) are schrodey and fog, and I have characters for both!! I needs them 8C
Posted 10/15/15

Nephele Tarot

You get me, I need that spooky vibe, it ignites my funky flow. uwu

Posted 10/15/15, edited 10/15/15
I’m actually thrilled we’re getting a new autumnal season event. I adore Halloween, but mostly for the Hallows and Harvest.
Posted 10/15/15

Maybe the Harvest event will have a spooky twist to it? :D Or maybe not. I suppose we’ll have to wait and see.
Also, I’m really into Farmer Marcy’s swirls. :| But I might be prejudice because I’m super into swirls.

Posted 10/15/15

I kind of figured the Halloween mushroom would make it’s appearance as a possible side prize?
I mean, I know some people were sad to not see old items rerelease since a couple are hard to find and staff mentioned giving some out this year, if memory serves right.

Posted 10/15/15
Akira:  Yes; we did mention that last year.  We have not forgotten about that! :)
Posted 10/15/15
It’s…. not exciting to see my queue position is now “more than 20” rather than just perpetually “more than 10.” I like the change though. It’s, well, much more informative, even if it means I know I’m so much farther back than I had hoped. XD
Posted 10/16/15

Ahhhh I’m so excited for the change!!!
I never understood why it only told you you were above 10.  That seemed kinda ridiculous with how long the queue was.  I’m super stoked to see a more accurate number.
more than 40 can I have a heck yea

Posted 10/16/15

Super pumped about the queue position update! I’ve been thinking about a more than 10/20/30/etc display for awhile so this is really neat. :D Now I can get excited every time I move down an increment of 10. |D

*More than 40 club highfive*

Posted 10/16/15, edited 10/16/15
Wow, I’m really pleased with the queue update! I’m at more than 20, and honestly I thought I’d be further back so I’m pleased! :D
Posted 10/16/15

(your position in the queue: 3 or less)
I’ve been here for a few days now :‘D

Posted 10/16/15
I never understood why it only told you you were above 10. That seemed kinda ridiculous with how long the queue was.

Yes! I had the exact same thought as I was doing some work on the custom shop — it made a lot more sense way back when we made it, but things have changed since then. The new indicators which have been added are >20 and >40.

In other news, the work I was actually doing when adding the new queue indicators: artists now have the ability to mark themselves as “orange” or “red” (in addition to the old “green” and “yellow” statuses). If you hover over the dot it will explain what the color means, but to summarize:

• Green: very active custom artists, they can be requested individually on custom orders
  • Yellow: less active custom artists, they can be included in custom orders but must be accompanied by at least one “green” artist
  • Orange: mostly inactive custom artists, these artists are unlikely to accept a custom order, but may do so on occasion
  • Red: these artists will not accept any custom orders, and cannot be added to your order.
Posted 10/17/15, edited 10/17/15

Backtracking on the conversation a bit, but I’m happy that we’re having a fall-themed event instead of a Halloween one. Though we got some cool coats and items from past events, I don’t care about the holiday itself, so this is really refreshing. :> Though, I was pretty sad that the spring event wasn’t flower themed again this year, so I feel for all you Halloween lovers. ;n;

It’s also nice to know that we’ll have a shot at old items- it’s pretty nuts that some first year items are worth as much as, if not more than the coats. So, huzzah! ouo

(also quite happy with the queue update; it makes the wait more fun/informative :3)

Posted 10/17/15

Wait the queue indicators changed? But mine still says more then 10…

MINE SAYS MORE THEN 10!!!!!  *is far to excited over this*

Posted 10/17/15

Arintol

Same! XD *is excited for both of us*

Posted 10/17/15

So…. Diglett digs?

Posted 10/17/15, edited 10/17/15

frieza

yesssss

Edit: A quick question to staff, the event survey hasn’t gone up yet, has it? I managed to miss the summer one (didn’t notice it until the results were in) so I’m trying to make sure I don’t repeat that mistake XD

Posted 10/18/15, edited 10/19/15

-flops into thread because she thought of something and isn’t sure where else to throw up this question, if I may throw out a general “would this ever have potential to happen maybe possibly at one point?” sort of question in here-

We have a lot of neat search features around the site, and I use the heckaroonies out of them. I look through and check on new colors, customs, sprouts, etc. at least once a day, if not a worrisome amount of times. Since genesses have a system that sets them up by number, sort of like how pets have ID numbers to be ordered by, would there ever be potential for a geness search to spring up like the custom/etc searches under “pets”? I know there would probably be extra code work involved to omit all the non-existent genesses that have been broken over time, and I don’t know how hard that would be to do, but I would be high key interested in this if it’s ever possible! If anyone’s wondering, yeah I manually creep around different genesses sometimes right now D’: Ijustloveseeingthemall

(On another note, I keep feeling like we’re closer to the upcoming event than we actually are ;3; -wiggles in anticipation-)

Posted 10/20/15
That would be so cute, Blemy! I love checking out genesses too. ;w;
Posted 10/20/15