23:24 ST
October News Discussion

OregonCoast  Yes they will! :) IN fact we already have a few drifted Kelphi. Give me just a sec to go find the link…

One and Two!

Posted 10/03/15, edited 10/03/15

This was my first Mycena event and I had a lot of fun :> Here’s hoping more grades will be done soon! I want my Capricious Sun oAo All of the new items and both the new coats are gorgeous! Kudos to Eluii, King, and everyone else who worked on the event.

Will Kelph lines be released like Ineki and Drasilis lines have been? Will the flower lines for sprouts ever be released? And of course will we be able to get Kelph sprouts? I had visions of lily pads dancing in my head when doragon posted the baby image >.>

Posted 10/03/15
Dove  *.*  thank you so much for the reply and the links!!!  *.*  they’re stunning! 
Posted 10/03/15
[@Apotheocrisy]: Kelph lines will be released!  I’ll try to do that asap.  Kelph will have the ability to have sprouts too! :) King and Eluii are still finishing the art up for the beeebeee. :D
Posted 10/03/15

I think it is totally understandable that they don’t have two poses, given that the two poses for the other pets seem to have only been developed for a gender binary system, which has been done away with now. no reason to create extra work. the line sets that exist are really cute though so i like that they continue to have two of them, since i like some coats better in one pose than another.

perhaps the variation in future pets will fill in the gaps of style discrepancy that a lot of people see between the kelphi and the other species, with head to body ratio and all that. a variety will be cool and i like the proportions on the new ones. something i really enjoyed about this site coming onto it from digis was that the pets didn’t look quite so much like chibis. though i will say that i hope the pets dont go any further into the realism zone than this, it would be a little jarring. as of right now the kelphi give me the impression that they are much larger than ineki or drasilis, if i were to look at it like their heads were roughly the same size.

cool event, btw. i liked getting breaks in between activity days because those used a lot of energy for me. but i managed to complete all of them!

Posted 10/04/15

Hi everyone!

We’re working on updating the geness images to accurately reflect the size difference between the various different species that make their home in Mycena Cave. While we’re working on it you may notice some…. weird images. Don’t worry though! Once we’ve got it all sorted out they’ll be re-created and life will be food again :)

Edit: life will be good* again

Posted 10/07/15, edited 10/07/15
Mmmm, tasty, tasty life…I like that. XD Looking forward to seeing the size stuff worked out, though, thank you all for working on these things!
Posted 10/07/15

But I want life to be food :c

I’m really excited about the geness image updates! Good good. Thank you guys for that~ :D

Posted 10/07/15

There we go!

The big change is that previously kelph were teenytiny in geness images, and so now they’re reflected accurately. And while I was there, I realized we didn’t account for the relative size difference between ineki and drasilli either so I fixed that as well (although that’s a lot more minor since ineki are only a tiny bit smaller, so probably nobody even noticed).

And yes I wish life was food too :D

If you notice your geness image looks weird and the weirdness is not caused by custom edits, please let me know :)

-whispers can anyone link me to an example of a geness with a kelphi in it-

Also…. the Ineki are…. so small compared to the Dras wow. :‘D Giant cheeb dragons….

edit: nvm I found one.  Why are Ineki so tiny!!

omg hahaha so cute! height differences!!!!

Posted 10/07/15

Swimmy: *cradles Siddha and gives her a kissy*  o3o

related/unrelated

Can we get a general size chart for the critters here?There have just been a few things lore wise limiting me.
Like… trying to make height weight charts/entries for characters, etc.

Also things like how long ago the storm was, how long civilization started in the cave, etc…

Oh wow, that geness looks much better!
It’s actually pretty cute now, like a dragon guarding a precious treasure affectionately o3o

Posted 10/07/15
[@Lawk]  We’re (re: Prose) is working on putting an encyclopedia together that will contain a lot more information about the lore!  A size chart is a good idea. :D

haha!  Fay isn’t totally blocking Trin anymore!  He was seriously up in her grill there for a bit. Like a body guard fending off the paparazzi

Thanks for fixing the geness images! The kelphi cuddles are cute

**edit

Myla

quick question that I don’t think I’ve seen asked/answered yet. Since the two morphs are similar to the different ineki species, when custom Kelph are available are we going to be able to do tail swaps on them like we do with the other pets? Because I love the scales of the sea morph but I’d really rather a normal tail like the river has

Hina:  This is still under discussion, though we’re thinking it’ll probably be possible.  I did test to see if it was feasible to swap tails with our template set up.  I found out that it is, but it isn’t as trivial as an ineki tail swap and there are a few fixes that would have to be made! 

We do like to be flexible in allowing you to create your desired characters which is why it’ll probably be allowed, but it’ll likely be priced higher than the ineki tail swap because there are more touch ups involved. :)

Oh my goddd I’m so excited Prose is working on an encyclopedia! That’s been my biggest wish for this site. haha. I think it would really help me feel more comfortable working on canon stories one day. Thanks!! <3

The geness fixes alleviate some of my problems with the kelphi too. They looked… a bit awkward scaled down before, but now a more.. ahh.. realistic(for lack of a better word?) size difference is apparent. Looks much better! c: Very curious about the tail swaps too. That mock-up is pretty neat.

Posted 10/07/15
that is totally how i imagined the size difference there with the kelphi and the ineki…drasilis are bigger though? anybody have a geness example of that?
Posted 10/07/15

Phage
I was wondering that too, so I went and looked at this pair who have a sprout right now.

Posted 10/07/15
woah…weird! that seems like a pretty big size difference…or maybe it looks that way cause they have the same proportions so now the drasilis head looks comically huge to me. the kelphi proportions are making more and more sense to me knowing that the species are supposed to have marked size differences. like if they all continue having the same proportions even when larger than the ineki its kind of like if i was seeing a giant baby walking around rather than an adult human. up until now i imagined that the drasilis was the same size as the ineki.
Posted 10/07/15

Myla..... can I chop the back legs off these (khleph)?

<_____<

Phage: Oh, hm, the upright dras looks oddly big.  I’ll have glitch look into it.  Dras are supposed to be slightly bigger than ineki, more like how the active pose appears:

Foxcat:  Probably not; we’ve never allowed it on the ineki as altering the entire backend of an ineki changes their form too much.  It would look more natural on a kelph though, so I’ll talk to staff about it before I say no for sure though!

Posted 10/07/15
oh! that looks a lot better…perhaps that was a scaling issue, then :o
Posted 10/07/15
Hello again! Yisss, leeetle scaling issue. Dras proportions should be good now! (earlier I accidentally made it 5% bigger than I was supposed to, apparently 5% is not negligible)
Posted 10/07/15

glitch It appears ineki are being clipped in ineki x dras genesses now, though. oops. ;o; The other examples posted earlier in this thread have the same issue, regardless of pose, although it’s more noticeable on upright ineki.

Posted 10/08/15, edited 10/08/15
Thanks for the heads up! I’ll be fixing this today :)
Posted 10/08/15

I apologise if this has been asked before, and I don’t wanna seem like a jerk or anything, but how come the sprout timeout period is 4 months? If it was 3, it would match up with the wait for a custom, and I think that would be super cool! So you could get a sprout, then a custom, then a sprout again without a bothersome 1 month wait! Some people really enjoy having their customs designed by artists, and sprouts are perfect for people like that!

Just thought I would ask, ‘cause I really love sprouts! c:

Posted 10/08/15
Gabriel:  We were playing with a timeout period between 2-6 months and ended up deciding on four months mostly to be on the cautious side. Our goal with the wait period was to keep the sprout queue at manageable length and we didn’t really have any data about timeout period vs queue length to base our decision off of!  It’s possible we’ll adjust the wait time in the future, but for now, the short sprout queue means I can spend more time worrying and coming up with a plan about what to do with the custom queue length, hehe!
Posted 10/08/15
Myla Ah, I see! Thanks for the reply c:
Posted 10/08/15