01:27 ST
October News Discussion

Blemy
*supports that soooooo hard*

I too love stalking genesses, so I would absolutely adore this feature!

Posted 10/20/15

That idea is super cool!
When I actually have free times on my hand, I tend to look through the geness pages. I tend to stop on my own so I know where I’m at and can continue looking through the existing ones :P

Posted 10/20/15

A geness search feature would be pretty awesome. :)

*waits eagerly for November previews*

Posted 10/25/15
The black espiritita doesn’t have any pet species markers on it still…
Posted 10/29/15

glitch omgomgomgomg I gots another ideaaaaa about the CC shop
well first, I totally support the idea of having a cool down for customs. I think that’s a huge part of what’s made the sprout queue go so quickly. I think if it started at 1-3 weeks and worked it’s way up to 3-4 months that would help people adjust to it. Then, eventually, it would be like sprouts. You have to wait a while before joining the queue, but then once you’re in the queue it would go super fast!
but, anyways, the idea i had…
so i know in the chat discussion the other night we were all discussing the pros/cons of eCC and the time limit, only buying for other people, etc. and i remember discussing how it’d be cool if normal CC was only allowed to be purchased for other people. and then i got this super cool idea.
what if normal CC could only be bought for yourself and eCC could only be bought for other people. this would /hugely/ limit the amount of CC floating around the site, because there’s a small number of people who actually buy CC and they are all capped at 200 CC. (which personally I think should be lowered to 150). then eCC would be used much more, but it would have the time limit, so it would only be used when you’re close to getting your custom/sprout and so it wouldnt affect the % on site because it would be used quickly. it also takes a lot of stress off of the buying of CC because you dont have to worry about waiting in the queue and being a little short on CC because you can get eCC once you’re close to getting your pet! :D um sorry lots of rambling, i hope that made sense, if not i can try to explain better?

(also being able to search genesses is a super cool idea)

Posted 10/30/15
Ah the pages disappeared again! I can’t look at the most recent posts of each thread!
Posted 10/30/15
glitch - It looks like the online users page might have also suffered from the dreaded DST. The color indicator dots don’t seem to be working properly.
Posted 11/01/15

Sorry for the downtime today, everyone!

We installed a security update to the server, which had the interesting undocumented side effect of “breaking everything”. Overall I think we were down for about an hour.

There is a special circle of Hell for people who push software updates changing the configuration directory path while leaving the old files exactly where they were to be edited by a panicked sysadmin wondering why everything is on fire and no changes are taking effect.

A special circle of Hell.

Posted 11/02/15, edited 11/02/15
glitch  I got a little panicky
Posted 11/02/15