14:05 ST
[FEATURE] Pet Pockets
Hey Mycenians!

Have you ever felt like you have too many pets? Spent more than thirty seconds scrolling down and down your profile just to find a specific one? Row after row they smile politely at you, wondering why on earth you would shove them onto the same crowded page; their big, cute eyes just begging for a bit of breathing room.

Finally, we have a solution!

Introducing Pet Pockets!

Now, using our patented Inventory Pocket technology, you can easily store and organize your pets as you see fit! By name, coat color, plot, or even the amount of love you have for them! Anything is possible with Pet Pockets!**

** Within reason. This only applies to the organization of pets on your profile and is a blanket statement that probably shouldn’t have been included in this announcement. Forgive Crow, she gets carried away when she’s excited.

In all seriousness, yes! Pets on your profile may now be organized into pockets similar to the inventory system! This feature works a lot like the inventory pockets in general - pockets can be named and organized as desired, and pets can be placed into a specific pocket by utilizing the same shift + click technique that can be used on inventory items.

Thanks to glitch for making this awesome update for us to enjoy!

Posted 01/19/18

:O Oh wow. I need something like this, and I haven’t even used all my event/whatever shrooms. *cries at the cost of buying shroom fodder*

Edit:

THANK YOU GLITCH!  :DDD

Posted 01/19/18, edited 01/19/18
Yay! This makes me happy. I’m always trying to group my pets on my profile in their little families and keep offspring close to their parent/s.  I will have to play with this later <3 Thank you!
Posted 01/19/18
Omg I’ve wanted something like this forever -dies-
Posted 01/19/18

Hey everyone! This feature involved a pretty hefty rewrite of a good chunk of item and pet code, so if you see any broken pages please let me know :)

One more detail is that the new system lets you create up to 8 pockets of each type. Existing pockets have been moved over irrespective of this limit, so if you currently have more than 8 item pockets then never fear: your pockets remain (lookin’ at you, person with 40 inventory pockets, you know who you are…).

Posted 01/19/18
BLESSED NEWS POST
Posted 01/19/18

I am not kidding when I say I have a chart with this exact information at home to keep track of what the heck I’ve been writing and I really appreciate that I can just name my tabs this

Posted 01/19/18

I don’t know why, but this immediately reminded me of kitten mittens XD;;

Posted 01/19/18

While I absolutely love this (hello plotting worlds hoo boy), I’m a little worried I won’t be able to utilize this for a while since I’m like 99% on mobile these days. Would it be possible in the future to add the ability to add a pet to a pocket onto the pet’s management page? I mostly can get around this for items by selecting the items and using the popup, which is great, but can’t do this for pets for the obvious reason that clicking a pet takes you directly to their page.

Even if I have to use a computer, I’m so happy with pockets.

Posted 01/19/18
Would it be possible in the future to add the ability to add a pet to a pocket onto the pet’s management page?raus

Yep! This is planned, just didn’t make the initial release due to time constraints :)

Been playing with it low key disappointed that I can’t make endless pockets anymore ;-;, and noticed that items are showing up as invalid items when moved individually. The only way they can be moved is with the shift-click now and not clicking the item. I’ve tried moving a singular item from a group, the whole group, and an individual item without using shift-click and not a one moved :/
Posted 01/19/18

glitch Wonderful! And if I may, could I ask if there’s a plan to allow all pets to be shown in like the main pocket, or by toggling off all pockets? I know when this idea was being discussed a while back, there was interest in being able to toggle pets per pocket, so that they could all be seen in the user’s profile if the user so wished. Would there be the ability to show all pets despite them being assigned to a pocket, or once they’re in a pocket will they work just like the item pockets have been working?

obtuse explanation but I really have no idea how to describe it better than that. idk like how digis did their inventory system?

Posted 01/19/18
Rowyn whoops looks like that’s something that broke. It shall be fixed post haste! :) edit: fixed!
glitch Sweet! Thanks :)
Posted 01/19/18

Yay,  pet pockets is a thing now! /wiggles

Love you so much right now,  glitch~

Posted 01/19/18
(lookin’ at you, person with 40 inventory pockets, you know who you are…)

surely i can’t be the only one

Ahem. This is an awesome update! I very much like it and appreciate the work that went into it. :D

Question: Would it ever be possible to add descriptions to different pet pockets? Nothing elaborate, but just the ability to say ‘Yeah these guys are maybe UFT if you’re interested’ or ‘These ones are part of my wicked cool space zombie plot’?

Edit:

i’m sorry

Posted 01/19/18, edited 01/20/18

Hoooray! Thank you. Now everyone will know exactly who I love best. :]
RThis is a great feature, I appreciate it a lot.

I haven’t tried this yet, but do we have to shift pets over to our main pocket to trade them, the way we do with items?

nooooooooooo I haven’t made a 2018 pocket yetttttttttt
oh wait I can rename them. Ok. I can work with this.
Future feature request to buy more pockets with gems plz. <.<

Posted 01/19/18
This is a fantastic idea! I was thinking how pet sites with tons of pets needed something like this. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to utilize this feature! :3
Posted 01/19/18

crying over the 40 pocket call out

This is especially awesome for mobile (ironically since it’s only usable on mobile atm xD) or for crappy internet. I spend a LOT of time waiting for profiles to load. Although, now I might have to stop just organizing my pets by birthdate like a lazy bum….xD

Posted 01/19/18

THIS IS AMAZING.

Now my only problem is how do I organize this… everything… so many different ways… @___@

Posted 01/20/18
Ooh, what a nifty little update~ ouo Thanks for this. <3
Posted 01/20/18
OH!~ Snap! Loving this type of feature that would be useful once I have more pets. I love organizing.. Yep.. A little of OCD. JUST tiny bit. Lol.
Posted 01/20/18
Tried playing with it… Why am I getting white pages whenever I try clicking on a pocket? T-T
Posted 01/20/18
i most timei feel like i dont have money for pets and i think i never can have many :C
Posted 01/20/18

Chibi Envy Chan
It looks like for some reason your pet pocket URLs are reading the spaces in your name as + instead of %20. (Probably that happens with everyone with space in their username?)
I bet super-Glitch will fix it soon!

edit: I’m getting an error “Invalid pocket type to resequence:” when I try to send items from pockets that aren’t my main pocket.
(IIRC, it used to be that the dropdown just didn’t list items that weren’t in your main pocket)

edit 2
Actually, I’m still getting this error even when I’m sending items from my main pocket.
BUT, the item still disappears from the main pocket. Hopefully it is getting to its intended destination and not getting lost in the æther??

edit 3
annnnnd the items sent from “not the main pocket” disappeared from my inventory as well.

Posted 01/20/18, edited 01/20/18
glitch Have we mentioned recently that you’re awesome? Because you are awesome!
Posted 01/20/18

Урааа!!!
Хоть у меня и один питомец, но в будущем это очень понадобится!:>

Posted 01/20/18

raus I’ll have a look and see if I can see what you mean :)

Chibi Envy Chan Sorry about that! The tabs on your profile (and the profiles of people with spaces in their usernames) have been fixed!

Jacq Thanks for letting me know! The issue (which has been fixed) was mostly just presentation, so your items have been making it through :)

With this change to pockets you’re no longer restricted from sending / trading only items in your first pocket. The reasoning behind this change is that if you have a “for sale” pocket on your profile, you likely don’t want it displayed as your primary / default pocket, and it seemed very confusing to have this restriction for item pockets and not for pet pockets.

Posted 01/20/18, edited 01/20/18
Ah, this is really nice update :D I was wondering though, if I have already moved my pets into different pockets and want to change the order of the pockets as shown on the pockets tab, is there anyway for me to do this? Or do I have to rename all my pockets and move all the pets into the new pockets again?
Posted 01/20/18

I looove this new update <33

Thank you so much for doing this Glitch!!

Posted 01/20/18