16:29 ST
[EVENT] Spring Spell Sling (April 14th - April 27th)

Greetings, Mycenians!

Some time ago, I happened to stumble over a mysterious old Spellbook when an earthquake ripped a hole in the back of my shop. Since then, I’ve been practicing its techniques; teaching myself to brew the variety of potions outlined within its pages. I’ve gotten pretty good at it, if I do say so myself, and as far as I can tell, the potions seem to have positive effects.

Of course, brewing takes a lot of time and resources, and I can only do so much all by myself. I’m looking for volunteers to help me perfect my potioncraft — to collect the necessary ingredients and distribute the finished potions to Mycenians who are willing to give them a taste. I suspect perfection will take approximately two weeks, so let’s say I’ll require your help from April 14th at 00:01 ST through April 27th at 23:59 ST.

For each potion you deliver, I’ll reward you with a certain number of corks. Handy things, corks — you can repurpose them in all sorts of interesting ways. Of course, if you’re not the upcycling type, I’ve been working on some other recipes in this book, too! Once I’ve stockpiled enough of my results, I’d be happy to trade you some interesting items in exchange for some of your unwanted corks! There’s this fabulous cork memo board I’d love to try crafting…Jessamyn

Event reminders:
  • This event runs from April 14th at 00:01 through April 27th at 23:59.
  • This event is similar in design to last spring’s event.
  • The number of corks you receive will depend on which potion you’ve delivered. Remember, some potions are worth more than others!
  • Multi-accounting is not allowed on Mycena Cave. You may not access multiple accounts in order to play this event, nor should you be participating on any account other than your own.
  • HAVE FUN! :D
Posted 04/07/17, edited 04/16/17
this is cool. I will most definately join
Posted 04/07/17
Oh my gosh, YES. I was hoping for another collecting event! *V*
Posted 04/07/17

hoots excitedly

I love all the new event items and coats *u*

Posted 04/07/17
Sounds fun :D
Posted 04/07/17
Yay! I love these sort of events. *runs off to study dictionary*
Posted 04/07/17

DING!
If only I held onto my PTO for a bit longer, aha.
I thought it would be after the RP event though. It makes me feel I should finish early ^^;

Posted 04/07/17, edited 04/07/17
I’m very glad we got to see the items/coats in advance this time, it takes away a lot of the stress I generally feel before an event not knowing how much time I need to dedicate to playing (and how many items I want to get)! All of the items look lovely and I’m very excited!
Posted 04/07/17

My favorite type of event! I’m glad about seeing the items prior to the event as well. Makes me super duper hyped, especially since I know I’ll have to work extra hard to get all the items I want during this really busy time of my life. -cracks knuckles-
Can’t wait!

Posted 04/07/17
I need like 50 of those eyes. Thank you so much!!!
Posted 04/07/17

YESSSSSSS!!! DING! 

Everything looks amazing!  I can’t wait, I want millions of everything c=

Posted 04/07/17
The items are adorable, the potions look adorable, and this is my favorite type of event! I’m a little ambivalent about the two events overlapping, but I’m still really looking forward to this!
Posted 04/07/17
Ooh, those are some gorgeous looking items, and I’m loving the coats :0 I’m looking forward to this for sure!
Posted 04/07/17

i am so excited….. equilibrium coat is so lit i love it

and all the itemmmmssss

Posted 04/07/17

I’m excited!

Haha this image

totally reminded me of this

Posted 04/07/17
Please tell me the potions will all be available as items one day. (Also to add to this, will the old bags ever be equippable items? I’ve wanted this as an equippable forever.)
Posted 04/07/17
Do we get to know what the potions do? Just a bit curious.
Posted 04/07/17

I’m glad you all are excited about the items!!  Our art team put a lot of love and time into them so we enjoy hearing your delight! <333

*feeds [@____] some mushroom water which makes you veryyyyy speedy* 8)  SEE, much more effective than asparagus water!

Shima  That’s a good idea!  It would be fun to potentially add the potions to Potions Master as drops. :o

Crocodile King:  For the event, you’ll be collecting ingredients and mixing them into potions!  A potion will give you some number of points (our points in this event are the corks) depending on the complexity of the potion recipe.  You can then spend corks on the the event items and coats!  Thus, the primary purpose of potions is to earn you corks to spend on event items/coats.

All of the potions do have different names (for example, the one with the mushroom in it is a potion of swiftness), and that is mostly for fun but may also play a small role in the event. :D!

Posted 04/07/17
I like the cork/potion aesthetics, but I feel like I’m missing something huge. Where are people seeing the items and coats and how much they cost?
Posted 04/07/17

*SCREAMS* JESSAMYN, MY MYCENA BAE. ; A ;

Vely, Look at the “Items” page under the “Help” tab! And the new pets are under the “Event” pets in the “Pets” page, also located under the “Help” tab! :D You can also look up the new items in the Magic Puddle :D There are no listed prices tho, however. At least from my knowledge there isn’t! ^^;;

Posted 04/07/17, edited 04/07/17
O.O I don’t think I’ve been to one of these. Is it anything like the one in October?
Posted 04/08/17

Tamako

Oh, thank you! I forgot about those features.

JustTopaz

Yes, it’s very similar! Only instead of putting words together using letters, there should be set recipes with set values, and you might only get one ingredient at a time, but there may not be a limit on ingredients you can have. (Assuming it works exactly like last spring’s event.) But it works the same way: Collect things, create things to send to other users, and wait on a timer before you can collect again.

Posted 04/08/17
Yay I can’t wait!
Posted 04/08/17

Tamako : even after following your suggestions on looking under items and the full item listen under there ( could not find anything about the pet thing you mentioned .. sorry cant remember the full correct sentence of what you used right now, unless I open a new tab which I coul deasily but got an issue with my mouse that constantly want to doubleclick even if I oly click oce, or even don cick at all, so not gonna bother with that… untill the holiday is over so I can get a new>>; )  but yeah tried both suggesions ad looked at the full list, still have hard time fiuring out what coats the new ones are…  X____X;;

I guess this coming event is one where ou will be ok with your ineki suddenly changing coat fur from my understanding after you have gathered ingredients .. Will they be the same ingredients as can be found in the lake or where can they be found? Or where do one get them?

Posted 04/09/17, edited 04/09/17

TeaTales The first two on this page are the new pets for the upcoming event.

The first 12 on this page are the event items.

ouo

Also, your pet won’t be changing any colors, don’t worry about that. you have to collect a mushroom, then feed it to your pet to it to change. And you can’t collect anything yet, the event hasn’t started. There will be a page where you can collect your ingredients once it starts. :D Hopefully, this makes sense!

Posted 04/09/17, edited 04/09/17

Tamako Thank you so much, that madea lot more sense. At least my thought on the skins/inekis I foudn in the puddle was right, * wants one of each, especially the Equili * >w<

Thought those items on that page were for the current ongoing rp event * sigh of relief that it isnt *

Thank you so much for explaining it to me in a more understandable matter :3 <3

Posted 04/09/17
TeaTales You’re welcome! :D And thankfully no, there’s only three items for the RP event, and you’ll get them as long as you complete three encounters with your RP partner. ^^ b
Posted 04/09/17
Oh yay! I like this sort of event…!
Posted 04/09/17
Tamako Im not even taking part in the rp vent as Im too insecure in rpsettings and how to rp here, why im usually just by myself or just lurking in the chat lol, insecurities are all over me.  Just gotta hope I can get the wild nature magic thing after its over with…. whenever I have the nuggets/gems for it *sighs*
Posted 04/09/17
Quick reminder that this event starts in just under 20 minutes! :)
Posted 04/13/17