09:12 ST
Sprout Queue Sign-Up Information!
Yeah I wasn’t planning on signing up for a test slot at the moment anyway, I just thought about that point and thought I’d bring it up. I’m not super strict about certain lines anyway (I like them all to an extent) but I know some people are, that’s all. :)
Posted 05/19/15

“You have a pending custom order”

Oops. <_<

Ignore me 8D *excited wiggles*

Posted 05/20/15, edited 05/20/15

Ah poo sorry about that, I forgot to disable the check. You should be good to go now :)

good thing order doesn’t matter >>

Posted 05/20/15, edited 05/20/15

100 USD… ouch. Good luck to those entering, though! I can’t wait to see more babies pop up. *.*

Also…

I know a lot of people really prefer one pose over the other, and we still do plan on decoupling gender from pose so at that point, it just makes sense for people to choose their preferred pose.Myla

SQUEE!

Posted 05/20/15
We’ve randomly selected 6 orders, and they are:

These will be claimed by artists in the listed order in the near future. When your order is claimed, you’ll receive a notification with next steps. The remaining orders won’t be canceled until all six slots have been fulfilled (so that we can draw more in case anyone cancels). If any of the above orders are canceled, then more orders will be drawn to replace the slot :)

Posted 05/21/15
HOT DANG good job Yoshi I’m excited to see what you get!!
Posted 05/21/15
OH MY GOODNESS IS THAT. MY NAME. ON THERE?! IT IS OH JESUS YES I AM. SO READY. I WAS SO READY AND NOW I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO. -FLAILS-
Posted 05/21/15

I really don’t think it’s right to charge $100 for such a small piece of art and then only give the person paying the choice of gender. If artists charged $100 for something and then didn’t allow their customer to give full input, they’d almost never get commissioned. Plus, you’d be cutting down on time if the person paying was allowed to give input on the design and you weren’t having to come up with it from scratch? Yeah.

ETA: To clarify, my issue isn’t with the price in and of itself. Artists need money just like everybody else. My issue is with the price not coming with any say in the final design aside from what lineart is used.

Posted 05/21/15, edited 05/21/15

Draven - respectfully, if you were interested in having more say in purchasing a custom or even a custom ‘child character,’ you could go through the normal queue and have full control over what you’d receive! You’d also have a fixed idea of price going in, since there are ‘tiers’ of customs and prices for different edits available.

Part of the ‘fun’ of sprouts in general is the surprise and artist’s interpretation - I know it sounds expensive, but if the issue is with price vs control over final product, I think just going through the custom queue would be a preferable experience for you. C: And with the new ‘family options’ you could set your custom as the child of another pet on a geness page just the same! I think sprouts vs custom queue is wholly a preference thing - some people enjoy the ‘not knowing’ aspect!

Hi Draven (and similarly, anyone who is curious about the baby process)! Believe it or not, sprouts take a tremendous amount of effort to make ` v `. We have artists who prefer doing them because they have a lot of artistic freedom, but I hope you do not see that as them being “easier” in comparison to a full custom or anything - if anything, they are much more difficult!

Sprouts have very strict deadlines - within such that time, we must design 1 (or 2, in terms of raffle sprouts!) designs from scratch, base, and color, all at once. Customs are a bit more lenient in terms of timing, because there is quite a bit of back and forth between artists and the person ordering.

“Well, that doesn’t sound so bad, King!” You might say - but consider this: with customs, you are only receiving one base. The adult. Babies actually require artists to design, base, and color 3 bases. More often than not, the bases also get edits (big or small). That’s anywhere from 3 to 6 bases, and part of the fun of getting babies!

Let’s say this artist is a very speedy worker and only spends 2 hours per base (or… er. This is speedy to me >>;; I actually spend anywhere from 3-4 hours per base with the exception of flowers, which are much faster). Multiply that by 3 and that’s already around 6 hours for one sprout!

Additionally, not all of the $100 price tag goes towards the artists (the site does need resources to continue to bring you guys fun stuff, after all!) - but it does allow artists to be paid fairly for the work that we put in. I hope this helps put in perspective what is considered quite a hefty price tag ` v `. Thank you for being understanding! <3

As Dove has mentioned, if it’s control over what you receive that you are after, the custom queue sounds much more suited to your needs :D. Our artists are willing to work with you extensively to ensure you receive something you will love~

I WAS NOT ACTUALLY EXPECTING TO WIN AND I’M FIRST ON THE LIST AND I???????????????!!!

Posted 05/21/15
-
Omg that gif.
Posted 05/21/15

I think the $100 is fair. Since it’s three bases we only pay about $33.33 per base. The cheapest custom we could buy is $40 for just the base, no additions. So we’re getting a little bit of a discount to make up for the lack of control, which is fair enough in my book.

If I had the money and my RPs had progressed to the point where a child would be logical I might have signed up to try for a slot too, but neither was the case so I sat this one out.

Congrats to the ones who got slots though! I can’t wait too see what your babies look like!

Posted 05/21/15

People with money lol

Posted 05/22/15

Geminiderp-
There are other ways of purchasing customs/sprouts than with money, too, you know! :) Mycena has a currency called Custom Credit, which a lot of people tend to sell their wares for. It acts as basically a coupon towards any custom order you may place- so for instance, if I’ve got $50 CC and I bought a sprout queue spot for $100, it would only end up being $50 out of pocket. With a bit of work (or luck), CC is something that is obtainable to everyone, regardless of one’s IRL financial situation.

Of course, the CC shop is closed at the moment, because there is an awful lot of it currently in circulation. But that just means that a lot of the people buying customs/probably even folks who popped into the sprout queue here are using CC instead of straight up USD to fund their purchases. :)

Posted 05/22/15

Geminiderp
Excuse me, I’m not a person with money, just a person with a bad spending habit. ’ L ‘
You’re right, it’s a lot of money, but it’s possible to trade your virtual goods for custom credits and save them up for a technically free custom if you’re determined to get one. :3

/Oops, ninja’d. >v>

Posted 05/22/15, edited 05/22/15
So I was wondering, is there a reason why there’s not an option for buying two sprouts at once? I think that would have been a good idea! Not for a discount, just $200. If that was an option, I might have considered saving up to buy some!
Posted 05/22/15, edited 05/22/15

Gabriel:  There are a couple of reasons we didn’t want to go that route!  One is because it is just incredibly exhausting to design and make 6 pieces of art in one go, so for the queue, we don’t want an order to get “stuck” on a double sprout order because none of the artists have time to commit to doing two at once.  Being able to take one sprout at a time is much less demanding on the artists and makes it easier to estimate if they have enough time/energy since we do have strict deadlines for the sprouts.

The other reason is because we’d like to spread our artist resources over as many users as possible — since sprout-making is one of the most demanding things that we do, we’re trying to avoid situations where the same user is in the queue twice (like with a double sprout order), or where a user can just keep hopping back in line immediately after receiving a sprout.  In this regard, we’re trying to keep the sprout queue as short as possible while still broadening the opportunities to acquire a sprout.  If it’s a situation where you and a friend both want a baby from the same geness but maybe only one of you has the resources to purchase sprouts, going the way of gifting Custom Credit and then entering the queue at the same time is probably the way to go!  The drawback to that, of course, is that CC is not open all the time, but as long as you’re willing to wait that part out, then you’d both be able to get a sprout from the same geness and even have them delivered at the same time.

I hope that answers your question! :)

Posted 05/22/15
Ah, okay. That certainly makes sense. Thank you!
Posted 05/22/15

Crow & Rhyme:

I didn’t know that actually! That makes WAY more sense. Thank you!

Posted 05/23/15

OMG YESSSS
;____;
so, so happy.

Posted 05/29/15