16:25 ST
Sprout Queue Sign-Up Information!

Hi everyone!

We’re going to open up six test slots for our future sprout queue! Here is some information about what to expect:

1. Sign-ups will start around 23:59 the 19th (tonight).  Sign-ups will be open for 24 hours
  2. When you sign up, you will list the parent geness and, optionally, the preferred gender (as in male or female lineart) of the sprout
  3. On the 20th at around 23:59, we will randomly select 6 orders from the queue
  4. The sprout queue and custom queue are separate, but you cannot be in both at the same time
  5. When the order comes up in the queue and is accepted by an artist, you must pay the 100 USD, Custom Credit, or a combination of both within a week
  6. Your sprout will be delivered to your account 11th day after you pay for your order

We’ll keep the list of sign-ups until we’re done with the test queue in case we need to draw additional names in the circumstance someone is unable to pay, or loses interest.  You may cancel your order at any time for any reason without any repercussions until it has been paid for.

As a reminder, the only input you’ll have is the gender of the sprout.  This is because we have decided to let people select the gender from here on out, whether it be in the sprout queue or from raffles!  You won’t know who the artist was until your sprout is delivered, and the appearance of the sprout is a complete surprise.  This means that instead of getting an echo from a specific artist when your order is claimed, you will receive a notification and payment link instead. 

If you don’t get into the test round, fear not, we will open the regular sprout queue after we get through the test queue and figure out where we want to shuffle our artists and the general timing of how often a member can sign-up for the sprout queue. The only thing that is special about the test round is that this is the first opportunity to purchase a sprout. :)

Note:  If you are in the custom queue, we recommend that you remain in the custom queue unless your name is actually drawn for a test sprout slot.  At that time, you’ll have to cancel any custom queue orders, or give up your test sprout queue slot.

Posted 05/19/15, edited 05/19/15
This is extremely tempting… Too bad I’m broke. Good luck to everyone who enters!
Posted 05/19/15
D= Agreed… Oh well… Good luck to those that enter x3
Posted 05/19/15
I think this may be the first raffle I’m not entering. Don’t have the real life money for it.
Already been in queue for 50 days, as much as I’d like a sprout dont want to lose my custom spot >.<
Posted 05/19/15
Yeah I’ve been in the custom queue for 62 days, this isn’t really worth my spot at this point. :c
Posted 05/19/15
I’m tempted, but I’ve already waited 49 days in the custom queue, ahh… ; v;
Posted 05/19/15

Just to clarify, this isn’t so much a “raffle” as a way to sidestep the issue of “what fraction of our userbase will be asleep when we open the queue” :)

Basically for our trial run, rather than opening the breeding queue at some arbitrary time and then closing it again after 6 orders have been placed, we’re opening the breeding queue for 24 hours then randomly selecting 6 orders and canceling the rest. Because of the uncertainty involved, we’re disabling the “you can’t be in both queues at the same time” requirement until after we know who’s going to be in this one.

74 days in the queue here, so no pity for you. XD

Good luck to those who enter. I’m excited to see how this works out!

Posted 05/19/15

glitch-So if I understand this right, the “Can’t be in the custom queue” is disabled until the users have been picked but then the users that get picked can’t be in the Custom Queue?
Or is it just for the trial run (6 slots) that it won’t matter?

Posted 05/19/15
Man, if it wasn’t the end of the month I’d be on this like white on rice. Good luck to those who can go for it though, I’m looking forward to seeing all the new sprouts that having a sprout queue will result in.
Posted 05/19/15

Ishy and Sapphy see myla’s post:

Note: If you are in the custom queue, we recommend that you remain in the custom queue unless your name is actually drawn for a test sprout slot. At that time, you’ll have to cancel any custom queue orders, or give up your test sprout queue slot.Myla

Also I’m curious, with the custom queue as backlogged as it is, is it really good to be doing this before the new artists are officially added? (I apologise if they will be added around the time this is taken on). I’m sorry, I can’t help but voice my concerns when most of us are still above 10 even after the average wait.

Edited note to clarify; My concerns are for the artists who have a lot on their plate as it is. Please don’t mistake this for me being impatient, as I would hate for it to come across like that.

The artists who like to do sprouts are pretty much an entirely separate group than the artists who like to do customs (minus one artist who likes them both equally) , so we’re really just giving the artists who like to do sprouts more opportunities to do so. :)

The new artist(s) priority will mostly be customs, since our main concern is the custom queue length.  One of the reasons we’re doing the test slots is to get all of that sorted out — we plan on putting some sort of limit as to how often a person can enter the sprout queue to help control the queue length, whereas a person can just jump back into the custom queue once they receive their order.

Okay Myla, thank you for clearing that up :D. I was just worried about giving the artists even more to do on top of the custom queue, but if it’s a separate group of artists then that isn’t an issue <3.
Posted 05/19/15

-vibrates intensely-
Ahhhh I’m so excited for this! It was posted JUST before my physics final so I uh might have spent the entire exam going *___* and squealing excitedly inside. It was hard to contain it. Though I believe my physics professors now thinks I’m super into physics.

Really happy to see that we’ll be able to list a gender preference (and that it’ll be that way for raffle sprouts too!) I know some people like the surprise of it, but when you’ve already RP’d your couple having a boy and out pops a girl.. ahahh ha 8D; That’s really considerate of you guys.

I admit I’d be a little sad to give up my 60 day wait spot in the custom queue, but well.. I’ve been waiting for babies since the site opened so I think I’ll get over it 8D;;;;; -goes back to vibrating-

PHYSICCSS WHOOOO ;D hahahahaha, that made me giggle!

I know a lot of people really prefer one pose over the other, and we still do plan on decoupling gender from pose so at that point, it just makes sense for people to choose their preferred pose.

Quite a few of you are having to choose between the custom queue and the sprout queue, but this is also another way we’re hoping to control queue lengths and spread the work over more of our artists — presumably, some of the people in the custom queue would rather have sprouts and will switch over, even if it’s a tough choice to make! *flops people onto her back and transports them to the sprout queue* OuO

Posted 05/19/15

Seriously, I was sitting there smiling like a dummy for the entire exam and the professor kept looking at me LOL And he gave me this sorta half smile amused look when I turned my exam in.

And yeah, I was thinking that this would probably help with the queue lengths. I’d gladly give up my spot so I can wait for babies :D I’m just.. excited 8| Really excited.

Posted 05/19/15
Ahh hello 89 days in the queue, definitely not giving that up for babies, but maybe in the future when it opens up after the test run!
Posted 05/19/15

$100 for a sprout? Ouch!
I mean I get paying the artists and all but, if they are using premade bases, is there really a need for them to be so costly?

Oh well I’m obviously out of this too :\.

Posted 05/19/15

Yes, there really is a need for them to be that costly. ): We put a lot of thought into determining a fair price for the amount of time one sprout takes to design and make. It takes me (and many of the other artists) an average of 5+ hours just to design a non-edited adult, not counting the baby and the sprout stage!  A significant amount of work and thought go into sprouts, and the price reflects that. 

We will still continue to have raffles as way to get sprouts without paying USD/CC because we do understand not everyone can spend that much, so hopefully you will have luck in a future raffle!

Myla, could you clarify whether ‘choosing the gender’ as it was written in the first post means the current situation of choosing the lineart/pose, or the actual gender listed on the profile page of the sprout?

I know you semi-clarified in a reply, but I can imagine this would be unclear to players :)

Posted 05/19/15

I’m really excited to see who gets the first batch of babs. C: I have too many custom designs to bother with purchasing babies (plus idk I guess knowing for sure I’ll get them instead of trying to win/earn them takes some of the fun out of it for me) but I know some people who’ve been waiting for a long time and have the means will jump on this. And I always love seeing the sprouts :3

This might not be something a lot of people are interested in, and I understand users not having any influence in the process of looks but… would it ever be possible to purchase identical twins? I guess you could just throw that design into the custom queue to get your purchased sprout’s twin..? Hum.

Juney:  Good point!  That has been fixed! To change the gender listed on the profile, you’d just do the same as you would for a custom — feed it a blushroom once it has reached its adult form. :D

Hawkins:  I know someone has once inquired about the identical twin thing — to do that, you’d just pop in the custom queue once you had your original sprout and request that an identical or nearly identical adult be made.  It wouldn’t have the three stages that the original sprout had, but you could kinnen it into the same family so it would look exactly like you had twins for RP purposes.

Along those same lines, if you and your partner want two sprouts (not identical) at the same time, both of you would enter the queue at the same time and then echo me to hold back one of the babies until the other is made, and then I can upload them both at the same time.

So something that just occurred to me, what if the pair (or group) has more than one species in it, and for example the person loves the female drasillis lines but hates the female fox ineki lines and since they can’t choose species, for the sprouts, it could end in something they really didn’t like anyway?
Posted 05/19/15
I think I’ll go ahead and bite, mostly because I doubt I’ll get picked anyway. :B
Posted 05/19/15
I may see how the test queue goes the first time before signing up for anything. Cannot wait to see sprouts!
Posted 05/19/15
I AM READY. FOR THIS. Lettuce begin.
Posted 05/19/15

I read number 3 as “October 20th at 23:59”.

Even worse, I didn’t even question it.

Posted 05/19/15
Irefe:  That is an interesting point and we’ll think about that more when building the official sprout queue.  The test sprout queue will not take into account genders of different species so if you are concerned about that, it’d probably be best to hold off signing up for a test sprout slot!
Posted 05/19/15