05:31 ST
[EVENT] Spring Bloom Jubilee (Leftover seed raffle drawn)!

I got the bell to work on Chrome mobile.
1. You need to navigate to chrome://flags
2. Search for Autoplay policy
3. Set to “No user gesture is required”
4. Restart Chrome

Two things:
I don’t use Firefox or Safari, so I don’t know the process there. I’ll install Firefox and poke around there, but I’m useless with Safari, so I’m afraid I can’t be of any help there.
I’m also not sure whether or not the bell works when you’re in another tab. I’ll update within the next ten minutes when my next bell goes.

Edit: It works when another tab is open.
Firefox also seems to have autoplay enabled by default (Settings, advanced, scroll to Media and Allow autoplay was already enabled.)
Also pinging Jacq, Tamako, and Tsaiah in case it helps any of you.

Posted 04/30/18, edited 04/30/18
Is anyone else having issues getting the bell to ding on a Mac? I’m trying to collect flowers on my work computer while I edit photos but the bell isn’t going off. :/ Volume’s on and bell is enabled but I’m not very familiar with Macs so I don’t know what else to do. ;o;
Posted 04/30/18
That worked for me, Hyasynthetic! Thanks so much! Though, it doesn’t like to ding if my screen is turned off. Y’know, when it’s asleep? But if I leave my screen to snooze after 30 mins of inactivity, it works fine, hahaha. I hope that makes sense. XD So my screen has to be on, but still! I’m just happy that it’s dinging for me so I don’t have to sit at my compy all day. xux;; 
Posted 04/30/18

Collie  I don’t know how to do that, but if you are using it in another tab, take the bell off and look at the tab periodically.  The whole tab reads DING DING DING! When the timer is up. I have to run without my bell for much of my morning, and all i have to do is glance at the tab.

Also I didn’t want to be whiny about the lopsided amounts of flowers I’ve been getting.  Good to know it could have been even worse xD

Posted 04/30/18, edited 04/30/18

Collie
Apparently Macs are another device that tend to have sound/video autoplay disabled by default (at least in some browsers). I don’t know much about them myself, since I’ve never had one, but searching for ways to change autoplay settings on an ipad turned up plenty of how-to-pages for Macs, so you’ll probably be able to find a fix for that pretty easily!

Naturally, I completely failed to work out a fix for safari/Ipad’s, but whatcanyoudo.

Posted 05/01/18, edited 05/01/18
OregonCoast KeeperGreymuzzles Thanks for the tips! I’ll definitely search for the settings on that!
Posted 05/01/18
I thought the shop opened today?
Posted 05/01/18
ye where’s the shop
Posted 05/01/18

Shop is up!

Currently it’s selling the garden cans, items, and mushrooms. It’ll be updated later (probably this evening) to sell actual pets as well, if you want to buy those instead of the mushrooms :)

Posted 05/01/18

glitch

I tried to open a gold can and got the error: “total is not 1: 1.1”? Thought I’d mention it here!

Posted 05/01/18

Oxton that’s because I can’t add. You should be good to go now :)

As a side effect of this mistake, the contents of the golden can are somewhat underpriced (i.e. if you’re buying the mushroom directly). While we’ve fixed the golden can, we’re electing not to fix the prices.

glitch

Now I got “total is not 1: 1.05” haha :‘D

Posted 05/01/18

glitch
I just tried to open my gold can and it says “total is not 1: 1.05”!

Posted 05/01/18
It’s still early and I can totally math. Lets try this again.
Posted 05/01/18

glitch
Can confirm that it works now! Just successfully opened a golden can.

Posted 05/01/18
Yep, works! Thanks :D
Posted 05/01/18

(ping removed) sorry for another Thing Is Broken report omg but the white tinnia frame seems to be not working! it equips just fine, but the frame itself doesn’t show up and it’s not in the layer list either. i tried it on both kelphs in this folder!

apparently i also require sleep; sorry for the false alarm!! it was previewing in the puddle so i forgot it was a frame :’|;;

glitch

It’s me again hahaha uhm when I try to feed a pet a Spring 2018 Mushroom I get the message;

“This item cannot be consumed. Please inform glitch of this bug! (911)”

Posted 05/01/18

I went ahead and counted up the flowers I’ve collected, including ones used up and sent out, to get this total:

19 candied primrose
17 white tinnia
10 rainbow tulips
10 teal poppy
9 valleywort
8 blue glory
6 cherry blossoms
6 coral aster
6 wild peony
1 dusk crysanth

Does rarity factor into these at all?

Posted 05/01/18
I haven’t made any bouquets yet. I’ve ended up with:

15 candied primrose
19 white tinnia
24 rainbow tulips
10 teal poppy
10 valleywort
10 blue glory
11 cherry blossoms
9 coral aster
11 wild peony
12 dusk crysanth

Fairly even for me so far, eventually the ones I had few of caught up. Got a lot of rainbow tulips now though. Guessing you just got unlucky with Dusk ones.

Oxton sorry about that! You should be good to go with your spring mushroom now :)
Posted 05/01/18
Yay it works haha, thanks glitch! :D
Posted 05/01/18
Shame the White Tinnia Frame is a frame! I didn’t make the connection ‘cause of how it showed up in the puddle and was really hopeful for a flower halo there for a bit xD
Posted 05/01/18
Quick question! The pets will be added to the shop at a later date, right?
Posted 05/03/18
Azurrys Yes! That will be done by tonight or tomorrow night at the latest! :D
Posted 05/03/18

Ah when I came to this thread last I didn’t notice that the pets would be added… I would’ve liked a little more heads up on that, I would’ve waited before buying a golden can.

If this happens in future events, could we get a note in the shop or announcement that pets themselves will be added later? In general actually, I think monthly announcement threads could do with information being placed in the main post, sometimes I notice new things are added way late because it’s in a random post somewhere in the thread rather than in the announcement.

I love the event, just a little sad that I went ahead and bought a golden can before even knowing pets would be an option.

Posted 05/03/18
Pets are now available in the shop!

As a reminder, you can only get the pets by buying them individually—you cannot get a pet from the Golden Garden Can, only the mushroom.  This has been noted in the shop.

We meant to have this option available right away but due to time constraints, weren’t able to push it until today.  Only one player bought a mushroom so far though (instead of going for the Golden Garden Can), and we have offered to exchange it for the pet.

I hope you’re all having a good Jubilee so far! <3

Posted 05/03/18
would also have liked a little warning in advance for the pets being added to the shops. i’m really enjoying this event so far, but I went ahead and bought a can to trade for the shroom I wanted, and if I had the option I would have definitely gone directly for the pet :(
Posted 05/03/18

I appreciate the coats are fairly close to the price of the individual mushes. Last time it felt much more inaccessible but this time they look much more manageable.

Also how perfect this tinnia frame looks on Nami.

Posted 05/04/18
I also appreciate the cheaper coats. I’m glad I waited for them appearing directly instead of rushing a gold can. <3
Posted 05/04/18