20:49 ST
June News Discussion
June is upon us!

This month’s OotS is feyers’s delicious Rhubarb, along with its Aphid Friends and Diaphanous Wings. They will be available for purchase in the Out of the Shadows shop through June 30th, so be sure to nab yours before they’re gone!

New Mycenaissance

May’s Mycenaissance raffle has been drawn, and June’s prompt is now up and open for entries! This month, we’re asking you to explore the theme of survival. If you’ve got some characters who’ve seen some hard times, whether from physical and immediate danger or more pervasive, subtle threats, tell us about how they managed to get through when their back was to the wall.

Spring Event wrap-up

Darcy would like to extend another sincere thank you to everyone who helped her through her Spring rush! Final delivery statistics and raffle winners have been posted. We hope you enjoyed the event!

These yummy treats may be gone, but they will never be forgotten.

Great Spring Renewal wrap-up

The Great Spring Renewal also came to an end. The raffle has been drawn and all prizes were distributed! Many wonderful adventures were had within (and without) the depths of the Cave, and we were glad to see so many people enjoying their role plays!

Artist search

Our search for new additions to our art team has reached its end! We are happy to announce that Chou and Meru will be joining staff as trial artists! Thanks again to everyone who applied — we are always thrilled to see so many members of our community who are interested in helping to improve Mycena Cave!

A change of seasons

Spring officially comes to an end on June 20th, which means Bruc will once again be rotating his seasonal stock. Though we don’t know what he’s got in store for us quite yet, the clock is ticking on the availability of Spring’s Ephemeral Light and Flowering Fawn mushrooms! If you were planning on picking one up, be sure to do so before it’s too late!

Gerbera Daisy returns! And it’s bringing a mysterious new friend!

Upcoming mini-event

Though our Summer Event is still quite a ways off, we will be holding a mini-event towards the end of this month! We can’t announce any details as of yet, but will keep you updated as we get closer!

Who knows what the future holds!?

Posted 06/01/16

:O I can’t wait to see what the new seasonal will be or the summer event. :D

Edit: So glad I bought mine awhile back. X.x I can’t imagine saving for the monthly AND seasonal coat. Now I just need the fodder. 8|

Oh hey, first reply post thingy~!

Posted 06/01/16, edited 06/01/16
Oooh, a mini-event! That sounds like something to look forward to :D
Posted 06/01/16

*gasp* a mystery event? What is it? What is it???

So excited!! Can’t wait to see the new seasonal and the new event!

Posted 06/01/16

Ahhh! I need to get an Ephemeral Light Shroom, stat! >_<

And I’m excited for the mini-event! X3

Posted 06/01/16

*mimics lokis face from that gif* Such excite *u*

ALSO DOUBLE POST OOPS

*mimics looks face from that gif* Such excite *u*
Posted 06/01/16
Mini event!!!
Posted 06/01/16

I need to get shrooms >:o

Ooh! New items ;-;

*shaking with anticipation*

Posted 06/01/16
YESSS I doubt I’ll be able to afford any of those lovely mushrooms since I’m already trying to save up for fodder for the shrooms I got from Darcy’s kitchen but MAN OH MAN am I excited for this mystery mini-event
Posted 06/01/16

I’m gonna get that Ephemeral Light at the very last minute, I just know it X’D

Looking forward to the mini event! Is it RP-based? :o

Posted 06/01/16
I would be surprised if the mini event wasn’t rp or writing prompt based
frieza I hope it is >:)
Posted 06/01/16
I hope it’s your face.
Posted 06/01/16
Oohhh mysterious :O
Posted 06/02/16
I just started a new full-time career, so I’m totally okay with waiting a couple weeks to jump on another activity :P
Posted 06/02/16
Does rhubarb pie taste delicious as people say?
Posted 06/02/16

[@Fragarach]

Rhubarb is bitter on its own, but with the amount of sugar in a pie, it tastes nice. I think it tastes fantastic, and it’s one of my favorites. Strawberry rhubarb pie is great too. It’s just kind of like another fruit pie, you know? Unfortunately I rarely ever see it in stores around here.

I can’t wait to see the new seasonal and the mystery event. I want a Gerbera Daisy, but that’s gonna be a hard decision to make if I like the new coat as well.

Posted 06/02/16

Rhubarb is a controversial pie variety. Do you know rhubarb is poisonous in large quantities?

I’ve always kinda wanted to grow it cuz the blanching process is cool, but never got the chance laugh

Posted 06/02/16
The stalk of the rhubarb is fine, but the leaves are poisonous. We were just on a really big rhubarb kick last week. Rhubarb cake, rhubarb pork, rhubarb chutney, rhubarb coffee cake, rhubarb stir fry… It grows like crazy here.
Posted 06/02/16
Rhubarb strawberry pie is the only strawberry goodie I like to eat! :D I wish I knew more rhubarb recipes, though just last weekend I did get the chance to have an interesting rhubarb-lemonade drink. *eats the coat*
Posted 06/02/16
Whoa! I did not know you can stir fry rhubarb. Then again, it is a vegetable so I should have known that.
Posted 06/02/16

It just occurred to me. The anniversary of Mycena is June 21st. And there is a mystery mini-event coming ‘toward the end of the month’ according to this. Hmmm….

At the least, I am intrigued….

Posted 06/02/16
The Rhubarb shroom is listed as both a “transformative” and “consumable” item, but all other oots shrooms are usually transformative only. Maybe someone ticked the wrong box when uploading?
Posted 06/02/16
Oooh we had a bunch of wild rhubarb growing in my grandma’s backyard when we lived in Alaska. Kids used to pick it, then wash the stalks and dip them in sugar. When I was little I didn’t like it even with it covered in sugar but now strawberry rhubarb pie is my favorite and I kinda wish we had rhubarb around now, but we moved to the desert lol
Posted 06/03/16
I updated the misc image page.  If there’s something you’d like to see on there that I’m missing, just let me know and I may be able to put it up. :)
Posted 06/17/16
Myla Was there a “wet feetprints” image used for the kelph event somewhere?
Posted 06/17/16
Yessss, the truffles!! Thank you, Myla!
Posted 06/17/16
Jacq  Whoopsie, I forgot to add all the Shimmers in the Water stuff!  I updated the images to include it, though they’re shoved under “Summer Events” since I didn’t have a better place to put it.Juney had the genius idea to just categorize them all as event images 8D
Posted 06/18/16, edited 06/18/16
Shouting from all across the cave: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYCENA! Can’t wait for an official news post anymore ;o;. Love watching the site grow & being a part of this community <3.
Posted 06/21/16