20:52 ST
[Event] The Great Spring Renewal - Raffle Drawn!
The Great Spring Renewal

Every year, as winter gives way to spring, the magic within Mycena Cave is renewed in preparation for the coming year. Spells don’t work quite as well during this handful of days, and the Bone Monster, who diligently guards the Cave’s entrance, grows sleepy and less alert. The air is rich with the promise of things to come, but for now, all is quiet in the Cave as magic simmers down and freshens up for spring.

This casual RP event is an opportunity for you and your characters to explore the Cave while magic is weak and the Bone Monster is less animated. What do your characters do without access to magic? Do they sneak past the Bone Monster and into the great outside world?

From April 16 (00:00 ST) to May 1 (23:59 ST), you can get together with other players to roleplay a scene centered on the idea of the spring renewal. You can earn a unique event item simply for participating, though if you and your group finish your scene, you’ll get a chance at more prizes.

Please head on over to the sign-up thread to sign up with a group or to request a partner. There are some prompts available here to get you started, though you’re welcome to come up with your own! As long as you stick to the spring theme and keep things canon, you’re free to let your imagination take you where it will.

Several NPCs will also be wandering the Cave during this time, doing research on this magical cycle or simply exploring like everyone else. Who knows — you might just run into one or two of them during your RP!

Rules
  1. Only roleplay your own characters.
  2. Main characters must have a Mycenian pet representation.
  3. Scenes must take place within Mycena Cave. The only exception to this is if your characters choose to sneak outside while the bone monster is sleeping.
  4. Canon rules apply.
  5. Be respectful of your RP partners and their characters.
  6. Post all RP threads in the event subforum, which will be available starting April 16.
Prizes
Participation

There is one item that’s unique to this event, which you can earn by fulfilling the minimum participation requirements. Both of the following requirements must be met to qualify for the participation prize:

• Posting at least five times within one RP.
  • Writing what amounts to approximately seven paragraphs of text within the same RP.

This means that single-line posts won’t count towards the five posts, but if you have 20 or more single-line posts, you’ll still qualify for the minimum participation prize. Five long posts would also qualify. You may participate in as many RPs as you’d like and can earn an additional copy of the event item for each RP that meets the requirement. However, it is only possible to earn one event item per RP.

You do not need to complete the RP in order to receive the event item.

Raffle

If you complete your scene, you earn a ticket towards a raffle, which will be drawn at the end of the event. Raffle prizes include a Glowing Changingshroom, Lily of the Valley Mushrooms, items from the Choose Your Own Adventure event, and PP. You can earn up to five tickets towards this raffle.

Please keep track of the links to your RPs to submit at the end of the event. If you completed a scene but not the RP, please post a permalink to the post where the scene ends. All of the following requirements must be met in order to earn a ticket:

• You posted at least twice within the scene.
  • At least seven total posts take place within the scene.
  • There is a clear beginning and end to the scene.

This is an example of a scene change. The post concludes the current scene and has a clear break, following which a new scene begins. The post that you submit does not need to include the new scene but must clearly conclude the current scene.

You may earn multiple tickets for the same RP, so long as each individual scene within that RP meets the requirements.

In Summary

5 posts + 7 paragraphs in a single RP = 1 event item prize, unlimited
1 completed scene = 1 raffle ticket, capped at 5 tickets

A scoring form will be available at the end of the event, which you can use to tally up the number of event items and raffle tickets you’ve earned. You’ll use this form to submit the links to your RP threads and scene changes, as well as to list your raffle prize preferences.

Posted 04/13/16, edited 05/10/16
Frequently Asked Questions
That may or may not have actually been asked

Is this the spring event that’s mentioned in the April News Discussion? Where’s Darcy?
This is actually a completely separate event. Continue keeping an eye out for Darcy and her sweets!

Can I participate in this event by myself?
Due to the nature of roleplaying, you need to have at least one partner for this event. If you don’t have a partner, let us know in the sign-up thread, and we’ll pair you up or put you in a group, depending on your preferences.

How big can my group be?
Anywhere from 2 to 4 players! In order to keep RPs moving at a reasonable pace, we ask that you limit the number of people in one group to 4 at most. You’re welcome to join as many groups as you’d like, though!

What do you mean, NPCs might be wandering the Cave?
The Bone Monster might be out of commission during the spring renewal, but all of those NPCs on its account are still very much active. As you RP, the Bone Monster might wander through with a brief, atmospheric post. You’re welcome to ignore it or play off of it as you’d like!

If you would rather not have a reply from the Bone Monster, add [NBM] (short for ‘No Bone Monster’) to your RP thread’s title, and we’ll make sure it and the NPCs stay away.

What do I do if one of my group members stops replying to our RP?
Please give each member of your group a reasonable amount of time to reply. If a few days have passed without a post, however, you may wish to reply around them in order to continue the RP. You can also join a new group at any time, so if you’re concerned that your current RP has become inactive, drop on by the sign-up thread to start a new RP.

What would be considered a paragraph?
Three to five decent sentences. For example:

Speaking of creepy, nosy strangers… Several feet away, in the darkness between a clump of trees, a bit of lantern-light flashed. It wove between the trees, as if whoever was carrying the lantern couldn’t quite decide where they were headed, before abruptly disappearing. There was a rustle, a muffled, “Ow,” and then the faint sound of footsteps receding into the distance.Bone Monster
Posted 04/13/16, edited 04/22/16
Prompts

The following prompts are just here to help get you started. You are not required to use one to begin your RP.

• The Bone Monster has lost most of its animation, leaving the Cave entrance unguarded. Your characters take this opportunity to go outside — but will they make it back in before the Bone Monster wakes up again?
  • Magic is at an all time low, and most spells have stopped working the way they’re supposed to. Someone’s spells backfire in a spectacular way, and now your characters have to deal with the mess left behind.
  • There’s been a rumor going around that all of the Cave’s magic gathers in one place while it renews itself. Your characters decide to look for this gathering place, whether for good or evil.
  • A rare flower blooms once a year, opening up at the start of spring and closing again once magic has been fully renewed. Many Mycenians hunt for it as soon as they feel magic fading away, hoping they’ll get a glimpse of it before it disappears for another year.
  • A strange new mushroom has been spotted near the Bone Monster’s den. It’s possible that it comes from outside the Cave, but your characters need to get a closer look in order to make sure, which means sneaking past the Bone Monster as it sleeps.
Posted 04/13/16
Question: When it says,
You may participate in as many RPs as you’d like and can earn an additional copy of the event item for each RP that meets the requirement. However, it is only possible to earn one event item per RP.

Does that mean that we have to change groups to get multiple copies, or just that we have to create a new thread with a new theme/characters?

Posted 04/13/16
Roan You can have multiple threads/RPs going with the same group :) We will, however, expect you to continue with all of those threads even after you’ve hit the minimum requirement, unless the RP has come to a close.
Posted 04/13/16

Prose
To piggy back off of the previous question, could we have multiple groups? I’m more of a 1 on 1 RP kind of person so can I be a part of 3 teams that each do an RP?

Posted 04/14/16
Madara Yes, absolutely!
Posted 04/14/16

Will there be other ways (like games or something) for people who can’t/don’t RP to participate?

I understand probably a majority of your users enjoy that stuff, however I don’t RP in any sort of public form, so I can’t take part.
Does this mean that I won’t even get a chance at prizes or anything?

Just want to know if I should bother worrying about it or not.

Posted 04/14/16
If you don’t RP I’d say just tune it out.  I’m in the same boat FWIW.
Posted 04/14/16
Can my friends borrow one of my pets to use to represent an OC during the event? Or does the pet representation have to be owned by them?
Posted 04/14/16

Verlies Unfortunately, this event is RP-only. The main spring event is coming up soon, though, and non-RPers will definitely be able to participate in that :)

Chandelure The pet representation does need to be owned by the RPer, so no, your friend wouldn’t be able to borrow yours for this.

Posted 04/14/16
If we have a group of three could we have one RP with all three members and then others with two members each in them and each of them qualify for the Participation Prize? So in the end each person would get three Participation prizes (assuming each RP met the other standards).
Posted 04/14/16

Ohhh RP mini-event!
I’m both excited to participate and have the obligatory groan because it falls right during finals 8’D
But it probably is better than the click event arriving earlier because I tend to get pretty absorbed in them and RPing is a bit more slow paced?

Posted 04/14/16, edited 04/14/16
Nephele Each member of the group can earn a copy of the event item for every unique RP that meets the requirements. So in short: yes :)
Posted 04/14/16
Is it okay to use characters that are human as long as they have a pet representation? I can’t remember if anthro is accepted by canon, but I know humans are; so I would assume that it’s fine? Just checking. :3
Posted 04/14/16
Pooka Yes, human characters are fine! Just keep in mind that humans are relatively rare within the Cave, so it’s unlikely that every character would be human.
Posted 04/14/16
Will we ever have a non-canon official RP event? Nothing about the Mycena lore. The cave is actually a really cool idea and I love reading the lore. I just… hate RPing animals. Even if they can talk and use magic.
Posted 04/15/16, edited 04/15/16
She is indeed a rarity in the idea I have planned, so it should work. Thanks! :3
Posted 04/15/16
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I just wanted to clarify: Is it allowed to have two separate RPs with the same partner for this event?
Posted 04/15/16

Shima At the moment, it’s unlikely that we will, though it’s certainly not 100% out of the question. We just try to encourage participation in MC canon when we can.

[@BrightEyedBeast] Yes, it is allowed :)

Posted 04/15/16
What if some of the events or, partial occurrences within the RP aren’t cannon? Cause I’m not sure all the time if mine will be. Will I or my partner be disqualified?
Posted 04/16/16

At the moment my RP partner and I haven’t acquired pets that represent our OCs as we wish to use specific OCs that we have been RPing with for a period of time, so would it be okay if the pets we use simply bear the names of our OCs first until we are able to buy the pets with the correct colors? Meaning that once we acquire the pets with the correct colors, we’d change the links from the placeholder pets we currently own to the new ones.

Also, is it possible for one person to RP more than one character? For example Person A RP-ing two characters represented by two different pets and Person B RP-ing with another unique pet?

Sorry for asking so many questions in such a confusing way! I hope that I’m kind of understandable.

Posted 04/16/16
Bone Monster  where do we post to get started and to fill out our role playing thread for this event?  *I’m clueless where to post or start ...apparently this morning I’m just plain clueless… attempts third try at pinging
Posted 04/16/16, edited 04/16/16

LAsDarkFireWolf Canon is pretty flexible. As long as you stick with the basics (i.e., that most Mycenians are Ineki/Drasillis/Kelphi and that there’s magic everywhere), you shouldn’t need to worry about making sure that every event is compliant with site lore!

[@Reili] Placeholder pets are fine for this event :) And yes, you and your partner are definitely welcome to RP more than one character at a time.

OregonCoast The event subforum is now available! You can find it right beneath the Help subforum, in the section titled ‘Event.’ That’s where all of your RP threads should go.

Posted 04/16/16
Thank you!!! ^.^
Posted 04/16/16

Bone Monster
If we need apparel for our Ineki, that we do not have, can we reference the apparel as missing? An example is, my Ineki has a wishlist, and on that wishlist I want a magpie for her. Can I say the magpie is missing? Or can I not do that?

Posted 04/17/16
Llifeline: It’s fine to roleplay with items you don’t actually own!  So you can rp your ineki with a magpie if you’d like, or you can say that the magpie is missing. :)
Posted 04/17/16

Myla
Okay! Thank you!

Posted 04/17/16
Edit: Whoops, ignore this. Reposting in the actual thread XD
Posted 04/17/16, edited 04/17/16
Mythorim I think you posted that on the wrong place. :o
Posted 04/17/16