12:08 ST
April News Discussion
Welcome to April!

This month’s OotS is Morgan’s Honey Milk coat, along with the Floral Wand and Butterfly Tear Gem. They will be available in the Out of the Shadows shop until the end of the day on April 30th.

New Spring Seasonal

Spring has arrived, bringing with it a new Spring Seasonal coat! King’s Ephemeral Light will be stocking in Fungimental Magic until the start of Summer on June 20th. Last year’s Flowering Fawn is also available for purchase at an increased price of 108,000 nuggets.

New Mycenaissance Prompt

This month’s Mycenaissance prompt is now open! April’s prompt is titled ‘Rain Will Make the Flowers Grow’ and has you portraying what a bad day in the life of your character looks like. It’s the season for rainy days, after all.

Additionally, March’s raffle has been drawn and the spotlight posted! Congratulations to all of last month’s winners!

Profile Drive II: The Reckoning

Have you been putting off finishing that character profile you’ve been working on forever? Would you like to develop a new character entirely but seem to be missing that motivational spark? Now is your chance to get productive, and maybe win some great prizes while you’re at it! Dove & Crow are hosting a Profile Drive until April 11th. For each pet profile you complete within the Drive’s specifications, you will be entered into a raffle to win a Changingshroom or Glowing Changingshroom! You can learn more about this activity here!

Sprout Queue Changes

Some changes were made to the sprout queue. By shifting to a tier-based pricing system, players now have more control over the overall editedness of their sprouts! This way, players may choose to receive a highly edited sprout even if the parent geness has no edits.

Additionally, the sprout queue now allows for limited artist selection. Players are now able to deselect up to two artists when placing an order.

You can read more about these updates here!

Custom Order Guidelines

We released our Custom Order Guidelines. These give an overview of the custom-ordering process for those who may not be familiar with it, as well as some helpful information on price estimates, artistic freedom customs, and general etiquette. We encourage everyone to look it over, especially if you have custom plans on the horizon!

”It’s my goal to invade your news posts slowly, one by one… until at last the Cave is mine!”

Chat Updates

There have been a couple of minor updates to Live Chat!

• It’s now possible to send private chat messages to another player via the whisper command. This can be done by typing /whisper [Player ID#] or /w [Player ID#] followed by your message.
  • The chat room tabs will now display a different color depending on what type of notification is received while you are in another tab.
    • Red for normal chatter
    • Green if someone new enters the room
    • Pink if you’ve received a whisper
Tail Bows

Sullie is now stocking a fantastic new line of Tail Bows by Ruori! The fashionable Mycenian can pick up a tail bow in one of six colors at her Closet.

Item Dory

Our item survey came to a close! The 15 suggestions with the most votes were:

1. Wings i.e. insect/faerie/etc.
  2. Tail jewelry
  3. More backgrounds!
  4. More cloak/cape styles
  5. Witchcraft items
  6. Different styles of glasses
  7. Flower crowns!
  8. More weapons!
  9. Crowns
  10. Environments, like seascape
  11. Bat/demon wings
  12. Elemental edits, wind wisps ec
  13. Mythical companions (fairies)
  14. Gemstones and jewelry
  15. More colors of wings/wig/horns

If you’d like to see the full top 50 list, you can do so here! We will be sure to keep these results in mind when considering new item possibilities. Thanks to everyone who participated in the survey!

Toggle Edit Update

All non-secret site coats now have the ability to have their edits toggled on/off. We hope you enjoy the additional customization options this provides you now - we’ve loved seeing what unique new ways players have styled their Mycenians!

Nude never felt so right!

Kelph Babies

A strange new type of flower was spotted blooming near the Sacred Tree! After an agonizing ten day wait,Soon enough, that flower grew into a roly-poly bundle of playful joybaby, signifying the arrival of baby Kelphi to the Cave!

Drag us into your URL bar to see how cute we are full sized :D!

Spring Event

There’s been quite a bit of hustle and bustle around Darcy’s shop recently. It seems she’s gearing up for something big — perhaps you should check back with her more towards the end of the month!

Posted 04/02/16, edited 04/02/16
If the spring event is food themed imma cry tears of joy…
Posted 04/02/16

dat ephemeral coat ugh it’s too beautiful D8 /sobs
Saving to 72k will take willpower. But I can do this. /puts on gloves 8D

YAY spring event
and drive
so many things to do

Posted 04/02/16

Spring Event! Spring Event! Spring Event!
Which I’m sure will fall right on my finals week, knowing my luck OTL

Posted 04/02/16
Yay for the Spring event! And omg those Kelph babies are the cutest things aaaaa <3 <3 <3
Posted 04/02/16
aww, does this mean the schrodinger’s cat edits are never going to be toggleable, Myla? :( i was looking forward to turning off my poor baby’s snotpaws haha
Posted 04/02/16

Pigeon

Oops, I hadn’t even realized they had an edit!  I can make that toggleable.

It is possible I accidentally missed a few toggleable things on pets, so anyone is free to ask if they think I forgot something!  In a few cases (like the watermelon’s ear, etc.), it’s not possible to set up toggle due to the nature of the edit.

Posted 04/02/16

♥ i just swore out loud because of how cute ruori’s tail ribbons are omg.

♥ i am so excited for another morgan monthly eeee!

Posted 04/02/16
Myla Is it possible pondshroom effects will ever be made togglable and/or layerable?
Posted 04/02/16
Jacq  Pondshrooms are the bane of glitch‘s existence because of the way they had to be coded (the toggleable/layerable feature goes with items, and pondshrooms are not items), so something like that wouldn’t be easy to implement, unfortunately.  I do see how it would be handy, so it’s something we may consider down the line, but it’s not currently on our to-do roster!
Posted 04/02/16, edited 04/02/16

I think I found the Cave’s newest critters!

https://www.mycenacave.com/home/help/items/display

Posted 04/02/16
Myla Uhhh, does that mean that the layers have to be flipped to alterable manually, meaning customs can never have their edits turned off/order changed? :o
Posted 04/03/16
Lala  Customs have never had toggleable edits; this feature is only implemented for site coats to make them more compatible with site items!
Posted 04/03/16
Myla Ahhh, I see! :o Thanks for the quick response. I think I went around thinking that customs did have toggleable edits for a really long time, whoops. <o<;;;
Posted 04/03/16
No problem!! :D
Posted 04/03/16
Very excited for the pet profile drive! It finally got my butt in gear! I was also super happy to find the pet profile skeletons, which I’d never thought to look for. I wanted fancy profiles for my pets, but didn’t want to put in the research to make them. I’m happy to have skeletons to help out! :D
Posted 04/03/16

Three new leeetle companions have been released to the shop!

If you participated in the April Fools “A Hairless Day” you can collect one of the three as your thank you gift (there is a yellow notification up by the banner if you qualified)!

Posted 04/03/16

I promptly bought one of each tail bow upon noticing them in the store, despite having no idea who needed them. I found a use for each one, though- I love the tiny edits between species/poses that make them look absolutely lovely on every mycenian creature. :D Thanks, Ruori, it’s been some time since an item has made me this happy, and I didn’t even know I wanted it. I just wish they came in even more colors!

I love the kelph flower and babies so much as well. <3! (that goofy little tongue, tho xD)

Posted 04/03/16
d’awwww QwQ thank you Pooka, it’s very sweet of you to say<3 I’m so glad you enjoy them, it makes me all the more excited for what the future holds!
Posted 04/03/16

Schrodinger’s Cat, Hamadryad*, Lacey Magpie, Prismatic Tiger, Royal Red, & Purple Gilded Spider have all been updated with toggleable edits!

(*The active Hamadryad will still have antlers in the avatar version even when the large image has them turned off for now :|)

Posted 04/04/16

Stardust Firework, Star Bomb, Twilight Woods, & Witch’s Brew* have toggleable edits enabled too! (*active pose’s extra mouths can’t be toggled due to the nature of the edit)

I think everything should be up to date now. :)

Posted 04/04/16, edited 04/04/16
Yeee~ *fiddles around with her glowy pets*
Posted 04/04/16

I spy lots of little colorful dots on the homepage! c:

MODIFY: Looks like it was only on my tablet lol. Ignore this! Nope, I see it on my laptop now too!

Posted 04/13/16, edited 04/13/16
Posted 04/13/16
I’ll have to take a look at it and see if I can help out, then, thanks!
Posted 04/13/16

Hi everyone!

For those of you with orders in one of the queues, your view into where you are in the queue just got more detailed! Previously, if you were more than 10 away from the front, you would be shown either “more than 10”, “more than 20” or “more than 40”. Now, your position is shown rounded to the nearest 5 :)

Posted 04/17/16
How exciting! This is only going to encourage me to stalk the custom orders more with future orders ;p.
Posted 04/17/16
!! I missed this update apparently. That’s awesome! I was getting a little tired of having so much uncertainty.
Posted 04/17/16