10:44 ST
How mysterious...

So, if you go to the homepage and scroll all the way up and then a little further, you see this…

Very mysterious.

EDIT:

FlyingSquirrely figured out the translation of the mysterious lights!

Basically treat each braille block as three letters, each RGB channel is one letter. When those channels overlap, they create a secondary color or white! (So if red and green have a dot on the same space, the dot will be yellow, green&blue make teal, red&blue make purple, and all three make white! Black means just no dot.) Then you translate the braille letter made by the red dots, then the green, then the blue (in RGB order, see! :D) and get up to 3 letters per block! Sometimes you only get 2 if there are two colors in the block. So for example, the first block says “If” (minus quotes) since yellow dot indicate red dots in a position to make ‘i’ and the green and and yellow dots indicate green in the position of ‘f’. Further spoilers for solution.FlyingSquirrely
“If reward is what you seek, to the monster must you speak. ‘Poopootutu’ in its ear, ‘Poopootutu’ loud and clear. Speak just once, not twice, not thrice, ‘Poopootutu’ will suffice. Actually, I tell a lie. Caesar was a clever guy! …..” By that I assumed the quoted letters needed to be shifted (Caesarian cipher style). And I assumed it was a shift by 5 since there were 5 periods at the end. It didn’t exactly give me anything coherent though, just a mess of letters, so I think I might be missing something. The periods at the end were split oddly, the first 2 were in the second to last block, and the other 3 were in the last block. Could just be how it was created, but also could be important?FlyingSquirrely

Kiwi has echoed “poopootutu” to the Bone Monster, and the good ol’ Bone Monster replied with NO!

Posted 04/12/16, edited 04/13/16

*eats them all like candy*

Is it braille patterns maybe? Someone should try to translate it OuO

Posted 04/12/16, edited 04/12/16

/busts out the glowsticks, flips the light switch on and off

the system is down, the system is down doo do do do doooo do doo doo do do

Posted 04/12/16

I don’t think it’s braille, because the pips don’t really line up. But I’ve extracted each colour, in case someone sees something I don’t:

I’m going to kick myself later if i end up missing out on a medallion lol

edit: hex is also an option, but it’s not super promising yet for my old crinkly brain.

I am noticing a couple of color combinations repeating themselves, so there is a possibility of it being some sort of cipher.
Posted 04/12/16
I can confirm it’s not braille. I’ve tried deciphering it with Braille and there are some of them that don’t line up (Namely the : ones)

Hex codes for the colours - it’s possible it has something to do with octal (base 8) rather than hex (base 16) codes.
white: ffffff
black: 000000
green: 00ff00
yellow: ffff00
blue: 0000ff
cyan: 00ffff
magenta: ff00ff
red: ff0000

So for example the first ‘block’ (ending at the first black dot) is:
00ff00 ffff00 ffff00 0000ff ffffff 0000ff 000000

I also tried morse but am getting equally nonsensical results.

I saw this earlier & honestly thought it was just a way of showing the event is starting soon :p.
Posted 04/12/16

I thought the same thing Ally did, or at least that someone was messing with the header in prep for it.

I guess I figured if it was a challenge something would be said before so we are on equal playing ground and working alone instead of together 8’D

No one has stopped us, so I suppose it is a collaborative puzzle!

radio I think fritz threw up on the home page. (\•^•/)

( I’m horrible at deciphering things, so I’ll have to sit this one out…)

Posted 04/12/16
wow that is a lot of photoshopping to pull the colors all out
Posted 04/12/16

I tried turning the hex code thingies into binary and so far that failed. BUT THERE IS A CODE. I just can’t find it either.
Also why does it only show for two seconds when I scroll up on home? It hides itself immediately. I wonder if it’s scared?

Posted 04/12/16

i actually dont see this on the top of the page at all, where is it displaying for y’all?

edit: oh, i saw it for a split second before it hid itself.

edit again:

i have identified what i believe are two identical color sequences, but i am far from translating this into anything that makes sense. theyre not an equal distance apart. by that i mean, theyre sequences nine dots long, but they arent divided by sequences of nine dots…theres an extra dot in between if i am counting correctly.

I can’t really spend more time on this but treating it as a binary, as Juneberry said, seems promising
e.g.
00FF00 = 010
FFFFFF = 111
etc

Posted 04/12/16

I followed a similar path that Phage did and found a few areas. The teal two teals ones are a repeat of the “cyan, purple, purple” dots. Blue are most (if not all) the places where the column is the same color all the way down. The reds are green dot patterns that are similar (different color, green, green). I also labelled a red/blue/black dot sequence on either side of the cyan, purple, purple. idk if those two may be important.

i saw this on mobile and was like “that’s weird i wonder if this is a glitch” hahaha

looks like they’re called “mysterious lights” in the page source so that’s super exciting!

Posted 04/12/16

oh man reminds me of close encounters of the third kind

banner: beepbeepbeboop so mysterious

everyone: aaaaaAAAAA??? what this??

What if the red = 1 yellow = 2 ect.

Like, when texting on an old phone, technically A was one click of the number 2, N was two clicks of the number 6.

Dunno… but if it was on/off right, like a light board, but a light only blinked once, it would show up as red. However if the next word or sentence used the same light, the second time around it would be yellow. Maybe we’re seeing the final ‘blink’ with all the sentences on top of each other.

Or it could be the sudafed + cough + ibuprofen in me talking…

Jacq Thank you for doing that. <o<

Guys, I wonder if we’re looking at this wrong? Because there don’t seem to be enough repetitions if we take them as columns to find enough vowels for words.

I’m actually curious about how the numbers stack up. Like…can we use those to create an alphabet? I’ll try after I eat something. <o<

Posted 04/13/16

Is that braille based upon overlapping RGB letters? Has anyone tried breaking the original image down into the RGB components?

EDIT: I’m too lazy to do the work and figure this out. But I’m happy to give ideas.

Posted 04/13/16, edited 04/13/16
daemon omg I think you’re right. I translated a little and I’m getting words.
Posted 04/13/16
FlyingSquirrely Wonderful! I’m hoping there are more parts to this. I’ll let you all figure those out.
glitch used to do things like this (well not like this in particular, but puzzles that would stump the userbase) over on Digis for events, it had everyone wondering what it meant… The puzzle’s solution usually led to a prize of some sort. I wonder if that’s what this is. Just a guess. I dunno if I’m right or not. Good luck, code-crackers! Tama McLazyface is too lazy to decipher anything, lmao.
Posted 04/13/16

FlyingSquirrely Any luck?
I have to be honest and say I don’t understand what “breaking the original image down into the RGB components” or “overlapping RGB letters” means. I am not very good at puzzles :<

I know it’s NOT a binary value based on reading the hex codes vertically. (e.g. 00FF00 = 010 = 2). But that was a fun hour or so trying to make it work lol.

Posted 04/13/16
I also admit to confusion as to what this ‘RGB’ stuff is, and what it’s supposed to mean. @.@ *feels all sorts of stupid right now, staring at this thing* Braille I can get, but I don’t know how it might be applied here…
Posted 04/13/16

-Flails- if RGB is working then we need to get people on that!! I am unfortunately off to school but at least I can get people on the up-and-up.

RGB is, in extreme TL;DR, basically how you can add colors together to make white light, and is what’s used in TV screens and prolly your computer screen too.

There are 3 “primary” colors: Red, Green, and Blue, which correspond to the red, deeper blue, and lime green in the little code strip.

Red + Blue = Magenta
Red + Green= Yellow
Green + Blue = Cyan
Red + Green + Blue = White

So if we took the code strip and turned it into only red, green, and blue and translated those as braille - with the secondary colors being where r,g, or b are overlapping - can someone try it out?

I can do it when I get home if no one else has by then. Thanks to Daemon and Chande! That was what I was trying to describe in my drug-addled state last night!
Posted 04/13/16

Is this what you guys mean or am I misunderstanding? -blink-

Posted 04/13/16
This makes me feel stupid hahah <<
Whew okay sorry, I went to sleep. Here’s how to solve it (this bit, at least) under a spoiler!
Basically treat each braille block as three letters, each RGB channel is one letter. When those channels overlap, they create a secondary color or white! (So if red and green have a dot on the same space, the dot will be yellow, green&blue make teal, red&blue make purple, and all three make white! Black means just no dot.) Then you translate the braille letter made by the red dots, then the green, then the blue (in RGB order, see! :D) and get up to 3 letters per block! Sometimes you only get 2 if there are two colors in the block. So for example, the first block says “If” (minus quotes) since yellow dot indicate red dots in a position to make ‘i’ and the green and and yellow dots indicate green in the position of ‘f’. Further spoilers for solution.
“If reward is what you seek, to the monster must you speak. ‘Poopootutu’ in its ear, ‘Poopootutu’ loud and clear. Speak just once, not twice, not thrice, ‘Poopootutu’ will suffice. Actually, I tell a lie. Caesar was a clever guy! …..” By that I assumed the quoted letters needed to be shifted (Caesarian cipher style). And I assumed it was a shift by 5 since there were 5 periods at the end. It didn’t exactly give me anything coherent though, just a mess of letters, so I think I might be missing something. The periods at the end were split oddly, the first 2 were in the second to last block, and the other 3 were in the last block. Could just be how it was created, but also could be important?