03:00 ST
November News Discussion
This news post is sponsored by the benevolent will of your new master, Dr. Crow. Praise be to the Scholarcrow legions!

Welcome to Crowvember!

This month’s chilly OotS coat is the Northern Wind by Rhyme! She has also provided the Cozy Knit Scarf and Hot Cocoa to help stave off the cold of the coming months. Grab yours in the Out of the Shadows Shop!

Potions Master full release

Potions Master is finally out of playtesting, and those elusive potion items are dropping at a low chance. The payout is set at 20 nuggets per win. As always, if you experience any issues please contact glitch!

Shimmers in the Water Wrap-up!

Our Shimmers in the Water event finished up in early October with the introduction of our new species, the Kelph, which was created by the combined efforts of Eluii and King! We collected your feedback via a survey and are in the process of reviewing and consolidating the results. Thank you to everyone who participated and shared feedback with us!

Kelph auction

In order to thank King and Eluii for their work on creating the Kelph base, we auctioned off three premade custom kelphi - the first on the site! All in all, the auction was a great success. Thank you to everyone who participated, and congratulations to the winners! We are currently in the process of deciding a price for custom kelphi - once we have, they will be available for user purchase!

Site tweaks

Several small coding updates were implemented:

• We updated the geness images to more properly display the canonical size differences between the three species.
  • The pagination bug remains elusive, but rest assured that glitch is working on finding a solution. Apologies for any inconvenience it may cause in the meantime!
  • The search feature has gotten a bit of a revamp, and now includes items!
New Artists Credits Page

Have you ever wanted to know, at a glance, which artists created which items or coats? Mycena Cave now has a proper artist credits page! Thank you to all of our artists, past and present, who have helped contribute to making Mycena Cave beautiful!

Kelph lines

Kelph lines are now available on the misc images page! We can’t wait to see what amazing mock-ups you all produce with these lines.

Staff updates & the search for moderators!

We have had several staff updates this month:

• Our trial artists, Ruori, Hush, Mouse, and Rhyme have all bloomed into full artists. Congratulations, guys!
  • Due to the exciting and busy nature of her job, we’ll be seeing a little less of Juney for a few weeks. Don’t worry though- she’ll still be powering through the data behind scenes! :)
  • Finally, Tamako has retired from staff. Thank you for all your hard work and lovely art, Tamako!

We also began our search for additions to the moderation team! Applications are now closed, and we are working on processing a handful of candidates. Thank you to everyone who applied! We’re excited to see that so many of you are so enthusiastic to help Mycena Cave grow!

Custom queue updates

We have been working on several exciting updates for the custom queue! A couple of these are already implemented - for instance, the position indicator in the queue now displays if you are ‘more than 20’ or ‘more than 40’ to give you a better idea of where you currently stand.

We also updated the custom artist color coding to the following new system:

• Green - very active; can be requested individually on custom orders
  • Yellow - less active; can be included on custom orders, but must be accompanied by at least one ‘green’ artist.
  • Orange - mostly inactive; are unlikely to accept custom orders, but may do so on occasion
  • Red - currently inactive; these artists cannot be included on custom orders

We are working on a few more general updates in regards to customs, which will be released sometime after the event finishes up. These include the ability to order a custom Kelph, a visual guide with examples of edit costs, some pricing changes, and the long-awaited edit queue. Stay tuned!

We’re under attack!!!

Marcy here, sneaking in to rally you for the rebellion! The Scholarcrow invasion must be stopped! You can join our forces now to help defend my harvest the Cave! If we all work together, we can beat the hay out of these straw-brained invaders… no later than November 9th at midnight, or I’ll never get my crops in before the first frost!

Posted 11/01/15, edited 11/01/15
new ineki is so cute! cant wait for festival!
Posted 11/01/15

Hurray, updates c:  I can’t wait to get my hands on this month’s color, it’s too pretty *-*

I’m a little curious/anxious about this custom pricing changes?  I hope things aren’t gonna get more expensive ;;

Posted 11/01/15

Edit queue???????

God BLESS

Posted 11/01/15

Oooh, visual guide to custom edits would be really nice. I’ve been considering ordering one, but was having some trouble deciding exactly what I could get with my price constraints.

Also, this month’s ineki is so pretty, I’m gonna get one on my birthday! :D

Posted 11/01/15
*bounces about for an edit queue*
Posted 11/01/15

*Rolls in.* Ahh, the smell of November News! So refreshing~ :3

I love all the new updates. Woah, I am really impressed Mycena Cave is getting better and better! RHYME’S COAT YES. <33
AND EDIT QUEUE MMMMMM

Posted 11/01/15, edited 11/01/15
Gosh how pretty!
Posted 11/01/15

This months ineki is the cutest thing ever
*flails around and cries*

Posted 11/01/15
I’m ridiculously excited for the edit queue! :D
Posted 11/01/15
If we are already in the normal queue when the edit queue is made, will we get switched over to the beginning of the queue since we’ve been waiting in the normal one for a while?
Posted 11/01/15
Shimmers in the Waters feedback survey raffle results are here!
Posted 11/04/15, edited 11/04/15
Akira:  We’ll release more details about the edit queue once we get closer to its release and all of the details are finalized! :)
Posted 11/04/15

Love this month’s pet! Nabbed a cutie o3o
Made myself get an active haha because I can see it turning into an upright army over here. I dunno why I always gravitate towards upright

Posted 11/05/15
Rhyme  You’re artwork for this month’s OotS is superb!  ^.^  I instantly bought my first, and then after a few days, I splurged and bought another just so I could have the active and the upright poses.  The colours you’ve created for this month’s ineki reminds me so much of our Oregon beaches, it’s encouraged me in a new character development as well.  Thank you so much! 
Posted 11/06/15

OregonCoast
I’m flattered you like them so much! It’s awesome that they inspired you to develop new characters. *w*

Posted 11/06/15