14:17 ST
[GAME] Potions Master is ready for playtesting!
Will this come out of playtesting soon? :3
Posted 09/25/15
please let the potions drop from the game before halloween ;^;
Posted 10/03/15

I know it’s been mentioned a few times, but this game is wayyyyy too hard for me. I don’t know how y’all do it, but good job.

(I can’t see a difference between the centre and middle, so I put it into paint just to confirm it was indeed different colours. Even after having that I couldn’t tell you with eyedrop is the middle and which is the outside lol)

I love the gorgeous art, and I like messing with the potions in the puddle, but I’ll be sticking with Spellstones.

Posted 10/05/15, edited 10/05/15
Love it, will play again! :)
Posted 10/06/15

glitch Was trying to see if I couldn’t get a bottle to drop today, and I just got this to happen:

I’m using Chrome, Version 45.0.2454.101 m.

EDIT: It happened again, about half a dozen or so games later. Ingredients at 0, 1, 4 and I apparently ran out after matching the color instead of matching it properly. I have maxed out my tokens for the day, if that makes any difference, also. *shrugs*

Posted 10/09/15, edited 10/09/15
oohhh i gotta get that arcane potion o3o for my dappled apple it will match her so weellll ah!
Posted 10/09/15
Dracogryph thanks for the heads up! That should be easy enough to solve, I’ll take a crack at it this afternoon :)
Posted 10/09/15
How easy is it to get a potion to drop? I have played this game a ton everyday (I have maxed out my limit the last 3 days) and I have gotten nothing? is this a glitch ?
Posted 10/09/15
deadred92 Well, only as of this morning has it even had the chance to drop potions. Beyond that, I can’t say offhand. Some people have gotten it in fifty or so games, others have had not luck through maxing out. However, they can still drop if you keep playing after maxing your nuggets for the day so you can keep trying. (What I’m doing anyhow. :P)
Posted 10/09/15
Oh I see (im always one of the unlucky ones ahha) Well I guess I will keep on Keeping on!! haha (PLAY, PLAY, PLAY) Thanks for your help :D Dracogryph
Posted 10/09/15

deadred92 You’re welcome, and good luck!

glitch Thanks for looking into it… and I think I may have found something that may be causing it. I just lost a game, clicking through the last drops in the middle vial and I think I may have clicked the ‘new game’ thing while it was still verifying or something. In either case, the very next game I matched the color…and it told me I lost. Hope that helps?

Edit: And I just managed to intentionally duplicate that situation and the same thing happened. I don’t know if it’s fixable, but…well. I suppose don’t click too fast when you know you’ve lost at least?

Posted 10/09/15, edited 10/09/15
So, about every 1/10 games, I get the ‘You’ve run out of ingredients!’ warning, when I’ve clearly matched the color and still have ingredients to spare.
Posted 10/10/15

glitch, here’s proof that I’m not crazy.

Posted 10/10/15

Oh dear. Did you try explaining that you in fact didn’t run out of ingredients? :<

In all seriousness though, that “shouldn’t” happen again!

Posted 10/10/15

glitch ??? D: It seems to still be happening.

Posted 10/10/15

Happened to me too… <___<

Posted 10/11/15

glitch
The above has happened to me too, however, it only (seems) to happen to me when I’m clicking too fast and it reloads the same game as before.

Ex: I fail at mixing charged static, pondshrooms glow, and cavern drakness. I click i failed and it reloads the same puzzle. I pass it this second time and it says I’ve run out. This is just me though. I’ll take a screenshot next it happens.

Posted 10/12/15
The above has happened to me too, however, it only (seems) to happen to me when I’m clicking too fast and it reloads the same game as before.Madara

Oh! Interesting… this may provide me with the key to fixing it! I’ll try to have a fix out in the next day or two :)

Posted 10/12/15
Madara, it’s not just you, that happens to me too. Definitely if I’m clicking too fast, because sometimes I click the colour to make it run out and it clicks past the “failure” message and reloads that game- presumably because I clicked on a colour instead of the message.
Posted 10/12/15

I’ve noticed an interesting behavior sometimes when playing… But I don’t overly know how to describe what’s happening. (I’ll try to get screencaps after next reset to see/show more of what is going on.)

But anyway, I know there’s a slight “close enough” hue allowance, which sometimes I can see… For example x shade of green, and it matches anything with .5 points within that range… But it feels like it sometimes only recognizes .5+ in the range and not .5-? Like for example, I’ve had a game that recognized I won, but I could SEE that the color was a touch more toward red by a fraction, where as to a much closer hue I had just mixed yet couldn’t see the difference between the goal and current mix wasn’t visibly different? I’ve also noticed that if I try, for example the result needs 2 blue, 1 yellow, and 1 red… But if I do it in that order it doesn’t like it? Like if I add those and it LOOKS the exact shade, it doesn’t recognize it, so I add 1 more red, 1 yellow, and 2 more blue in that order and suddenly it likes it and finally says I won, though the look of the ‘matching’ didn’t change?

I mean, maybe it’s all in my head, lol, I HAVE been maxing out the last few days on this game, so maybe it’s the saturation biting me in the tail for the confusion… Because if mixing food color drops into water, 2 blue, 1 yellow, and 1 red makes the same shade as 4 blue, 2 yellow, and 2 red? (Aside from maybe the saturation, or darkness?) .... But from the game’s little match bar, it’s hard to see that (Or impossible with some dark colors)... And to my vision the initial mix (2/1/1) looks much ‘closer’ than the mix it took (4/2/2)...

Am I the only one getting color burnout in this particular way? XD Just something I’ve noticed and was curious if anyone else has ‘seen’.

THE COLORS, DUKE, THE COLORS!!! hahaha. I’m having way too much fun with this game! <3 ... Haven’t gotten any potion item drops to proc though, boo, sad panda. X3

Posted 10/12/15

Skye

OH MY GOD I THOUGHT I WAS JUST MAKING IT UP!!

i’ve been experiencing the same thing but i thought i was just being overconfident like “just because you can’t see a difference brook doesn’t mean there isn’t one!!” (even tho i… have taken color acuity tests before and literally get a perfect score every time…)

but then there would be some where it told me i’d won but i’d still see a difference so it was just like :/

also you’re smarter than me with the the thing about adding equal proportions of the colors to make it work. like i’ve had that happened but i wasn’t smart enough to add equal colors of what i’d already added so i’d just add one color to make it different again and then work back to make it the same color again lol.

Posted 10/12/15
Still no potions for me BUT I did get that lovely glitch Said out of ingredients but I clearly was not.
Posted 10/12/15

I was playing the Potions Master game for my sister (this is her account, she’s not feeling good due to certain circumstances and begged me to play to get moola for her) and then I got this pop up saying something about an error with Cave In which was weird, especially since I was playing Potions Master. It even included a smiley face within the pop up, haha.

I then went to check out Cave In just out of curiosity and it seemed to be working fine.

Posted 10/12/15

Noriko: do you have your own account as well? If so, please do not play on behalf of another user in the future, it’s forbidden by our rules and is the sort of thing that gets people banned from Mycena Cave. (If you did not read our rules before signing up, please do so now. you can access them here: https://www.mycenacave.com/home/rules or by clicking the “Rules and Guidelines” link at the bottom of any page)

In particular:

Section 4: Game rules

1. You may not under any circumstances access the games in any account other than your own.Mycena Cave Rules

and

Section 1: Account Access

3. Non-shared account password sharing is not allowedMycena Cave Rules

Posted 10/12/15, edited 10/12/15
64 to 38. I won 64 games and lost 38. No potions this is after having maxed out playing the potion game this morning. Very sad at this point. How hard is it to get a potion from this game?
Posted 10/12/15

I’ve maxed with potions master for several days with hundreds of games played and no potion :<

Why do you hate me??

Posted 10/12/15
[@queen elsa] I feel your pain. I played yesterday too with no luck so I have to be in the area of over 3 or 4 hundred games with no potion drops. I enjoy the game but I find it to be the most frustrating. Multiple games each session end with a result that appears to be dead on but the game insists I have not matched the color and I just mash the rest of the ingredients until they run out.  The glitch thing has only happened once that I have noticed (saying I am out of ingredients when I am not). yeah…I will keep trying though.
Posted 10/12/15
One thing I’m curious about with this game… When you win a potion finally, does it tell you that you’ve won one? Or does it just ninja sneak it into your inventory? Can anyone who’s won one chime in on this and let me know? <3 I’ve been dabbling at playing a few games after I cap on payout, so knowing if there’s anything to watch for would be cool. ^.^
Posted 10/12/15

Skye

in the little pop-up that says “you figured it out!” there will be text that says you got a potion c:

Posted 10/12/15

glitch so playing from my phone makes the colors easier to see BUT the message when I get it right is all garbled and if I get it wrong I get no message at all. I refresh and it is the same game… oh wait! NO! it says zero BUT that is not right.It goes down to / not zero.
It says:
Xnt df t qdc nt s sgd qdbhod
@r ’ qdv ’ qc+old’ r d ’ bbdossgdr d / mt f f dsr-
OR x !f ’ hm

Some of the letters are run together and the first d seems to be superimposed over an e

Posted 10/12/15, edited 10/12/15