09:22 ST
[EVENT] Choose Your Own Adventure: official thread

; u;

I’m very happy with the results. Thanks for the grades - I know it’s a silly thing to be thankful for, but I really struggled to get my entries posted (I’ve had a hard time with sharing any written work since high school because of a pretty cruel English teacher my senior year) so it was a huge relief to see the scores that I got. I honestly didn’t think I’d be able to bring myself to participate, but I really wound up getting pulled into the prompts. It was a fun event, and I’m looking forward to more in the future! (and to see the conclusion! o3o)

Also, *wiggles in excitement over the raffle*

Posted 03/26/15

just curious - how many people were entered into the raffle in the end? :> I know myla said ~30 up there but that was before everything was finalized XD

edit: also, what was the point cut-off used? o: and are we allowed to know the average number of points that that each participant was awarded? :>

(shhh I like numbers
omnom numbers)shadowpup88

Yeah! @Juney, got any numbers for us? ;D

Posted 03/26/15
I third the numbers questions. @3@
Posted 03/26/15

Myla was saying in chat earlier that she thought it was around 37 - but that could be wrong. :D /excited wiggling/

edit/

:D :D :D

Posted 03/26/15, edited 03/26/15

Lena, I’m joining the double goggles club too 88D

Posted 03/26/15
Everyone who received a 3 or higher on all 3 entries was entered into the raffle, for a total of 37 names in the pool :)
Posted 03/26/15

shadowpup88:  37 people are entered into the raffle, and you were entered if you got 3 points or more per section! :D Since we’re giving away quite a few breedings, we wanted to make the pool pretty large, but still with a decent chance of winning something.

I asked glitch what the average points were per individual, and he said 7.85 points total.  If you’d like that broken down per prompt:

• Prompt 1: 2.6 points
  • Prompt 2: 2.4 points
  • Prompt 3: 2.1 points

(The individual prompt break-down averages do include scores of 0 if you participated some time during the event but not during a particular prompt; the averages would be a lot higher if we excluded those scores)

Diglett:  I’m really glad you were able to overcome your anxiety and share your entries with us. <3 We loved going through everyone’s entries — you all never fail to impress us!

Prose is to thank for the prompts and for designing/executing the whole event (and also a lot of work was done by the staff graders who went through many entries)! Prose poured so much work and love into this event and I think it really shows! :)

Edit: Ninja’d by Prose!

I’m sure Juney would be happy to provide a more extensive analysis at some point though. 8) I think glitch has passed her the numbers.

ty kiwi, prose, and myla for feeding my numbers hunger *A*

oh wow, that’s almost a 20% chance of winning (if you only count 3 glowing changingshrooms + minimum of 4 karasses)! o: nearly 30% if you count all 8 breedings as separate (and assume everyone who actually winds up getting a pet is in the original 37 pool). *^* [flails around] now I really hope I get a shroomy~

also prose - YOU ARE AMAZINGGGG ty so much for creating such interesting prompts! :DDD

Posted 03/26/15
if anyone thinks a mistake was made in your grading or feedback points, send an echo with both Prose and Myla as the recipients and one of us will investigate! :)
Posted 03/26/15

Thanks for the wonderful event! :D And it’s awesome that we can pick male or female Lilies of the Valley! *glomps*

Out of curiosity, is anyone else having trouble viewing the Hidden Waterfall in the Magic Puddle, or is it just me?  I keep getting a broken image when I put that item on. :O

The Hidden Waterfall is an avatar background item, so you can’t see it in the magic puddle as it doesn’t actually appear on your pet - just their forum avatar. :)
Posted 03/26/15
Ahhh.  That would make sense XD Thanks for pointing that out!
Posted 03/26/15

Oh, wow. I’m… eligible for the raffle. ouo

Thanks for the wonderful event! It was a lot of fun and it’s really pushed me into doing something productive. And the results made me think that maybe I can be a bit less critical about my writing skills, so thank you for that, too. ^^

Posted 03/26/15, edited 03/27/15
For the raffle, is there a place where we’re supposed to indicate what durprass/karass we’d like to be drawn for?
Posted 03/27/15

:

For this raffle, there isn’t a place to indicate the karass you’d like to select.  If you have more than one karass, we’ll ask you which one you’d like. :)  The drawing process won’t be as smooth as usual if people aren’t around right away to tell us, but it would have been a lot of extra coding work for glitch so we decided to do it the old school way, hehe.

Posted 03/27/15, edited 03/27/15

Oh wow, I wasn’t expecting to get into the raffle *-*
And after a few moments of excited deliberation I think I’m gonna go for a Glowy! :D
as much as I’d like another breeding huehuehue I think it’s someone else’s turn

Posted 03/27/15

Shame i wasn’t around when the event started, would of loved to be in that raffle.  I still had fun roleplaying the entries, so I’m fine with that :D

But for those that are in the raffle, good luck :P

Posted 03/27/15

I’m really excited and happy that I got all fifteen points. It seriously made my day.

Thanks again for the amazing event, everyone. I swear, MC has the best events I have ever experienced on any site.

Posted 03/27/15
I had no idea the fragrant flora item had grass and glowing mushrooms! 8D I almost didn’t buy any because I didn’t think it’d work with my pets, but I’m so glad I did now. I love items that add any sort of terrain (and backgrounds, *cough cough* =3=)!
Posted 03/28/15
psst, hey all! is the shop closing in 16 minutes or in a day and 16 minutes?
Posted 04/01/15
It closes in a little over a day :)
Posted 04/01/15
Is the raffle going to be drawn once the shop closes?
Posted 04/02/15

That moment when #6 and #4 are drawn, and you’re #5 ; A;’‘’

Grats to everyone who won, can’t wait to see how the babies turn out + if any new glowing shroom colours show up! 8DD *shuffles off to bed*

Posted 04/03/15
Raffle Results

We had to alter the raffle a little bit in order to resolve some ambiguities: we added two Glowing Changingshrooms into the prize pool. And so, results!

1. #657 (Stanari) - Glowing Changingshroom
  2. #511 (Deddo) - Breeding (2 flowers)
  3. #2817 (MmeLibertine) - Glowing Changingshroom
  4. #291 (Hera) - Glowing Changingshroom
  5. #2085 (raus) - Glowing Changingshroom
  6. #549 (lollobrigada) - Glowing Changingshroom
  7. #52 (Auswren) - Breeding (1 flower)
  8. #26 (Lycan) - Breeding (2 flowers)
  9. #136 (Lobomon) - Breeding (? flowers)
  10. #133 (Pooka) - Breeding (2 flowers)

If you won a breeding, please echo Myla to let her know who’s expecting :)

Posted 04/03/15

CONGRATULATIONS :D

please post your breeding pairs v. quickly so I can ogle couples yes thank you

Posted 04/03/15

pls dont h8 me

>>
<<
>>

Posted 04/03/15

Congratulations to all the winners!!!
Thanks for an awesome event + raffle

Posted 04/03/15